Jump to content
Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Recommended Posts

flatline

I was just sitting, bored, at my desk and noticed that I have a lot of pens and pencils that I cycle through while working. I thought I'd post it and see how it compares to what other forum members have on their desk.

 

I have a cup filled with the pencils that I like. Here are the current contents:

1x Berol Mirado Black Warrior (blade sharpened to a chisel tip)

2x Hi-Uni

2x General's Kimberly

2x Tombow Mono 100

2x Staedtler Mars Lumograph

1x Blackwing 602

2x General's Cedar Pointe

1x Pen+Gear

6x USA Gold

1x Musgrave Harvest

1x Palomino Forest Choice

3x mystery pencils

 

Next to my pencil cup, I have several lead holders:

2x Staedtler Mars Technico 780 (one blue, one black)

1x Mitsubishi-Uni MH500

2x Alvin MC5

1x Koh-i-Noor 5616

1x Koh-i-Noor 5611

1x Koh-i-Noor 5305 (5.6mm)

 

Finally, I have a pouch that rides in my work bag:

1x Pentel Kerry 0.5

1x Staedtler Triplus Micro 0.5

1x Zebra Z-grip Plus 0.7 (with shaker weight removed)

5x Pilot B2P gel pens of assorted colors with matching colored Pv5 refills in them (hate the G2 refills they came with)

1x Mystery ballpoint pen that is really comfortable

2x Inkjoy gel pens with Energel refills.

2x clicky erasers

 

I don't use all of these every day, but I do work through them over the course of the week. I use ink for my meeting notes and graphite for everything else.

 

--flatline

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • flatline

    3

  • IThinkIHaveAProblem

    2

  • ENewton

    2

  • txomsy

    2

Top Posters In This Topic

ParramattaPaul

I am so boring.  All I have out is one mechanical pencil (a Derwent Precision) a yellow highlghter (Staedtlenr Triplus fineliner), and one pen (Onoto Magna).

Link to post
Share on other sites
IThinkIHaveAProblem
1 hour ago, flatline said:

I was just sitting, bored, at my desk and noticed that I have a lot of pens and pencils that I cycle through while working. I thought I'd post it and see how it compares to what other forum members have on their desk.

 

I have a cup filled with the pencils that I like. Here are the current contents:

1x Berol Mirado Black Warrior (blade sharpened to a chisel tip)

2x Hi-Uni

2x General's Kimberly

2x Tombow Mono 100

2x Staedtler Mars Lumograph

1x Blackwing 602

2x General's Cedar Pointe

1x Pen+Gear

6x USA Gold

1x Musgrave Harvest

1x Palomino Forest Choice

3x mystery pencils

 

Next to my pencil cup, I have several lead holders:

2x Staedtler Mars Technico 780 (one blue, one black)

1x Mitsubishi-Uni MH500

2x Alvin MC5

1x Koh-i-Noor 5616

1x Koh-i-Noor 5611

1x Koh-i-Noor 5305 (5.6mm)

 

Finally, I have a pouch that rides in my work bag:

1x Pentel Kerry 0.5

1x Staedtler Triplus Micro 0.5

1x Zebra Z-grip Plus 0.7 (with shaker weight removed)

5x Pilot B2P gel pens of assorted colors with matching colored Pv5 refills in them (hate the G2 refills they came with)

1x Mystery ballpoint pen that is really comfortable

2x Inkjoy gel pens with Energel refills.

2x clicky erasers

 

I don't use all of these every day, but I do work through them over the course of the week. I use ink for my meeting notes and graphite for everything else.

 

--flatline

do you ever suffer from choice paralysis or does each item have a particular use case?...

 

When I worked, I kept 5 fountain pens inked, each with a different colour for taking daily notes (different colour for each day) on my subordinates activities for use in their quarterly and annual evaluations.

 

for my own random work notes, whichever pen I felt like using of those five at any particular moment :)

 

Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
flatline
34 minutes ago, IThinkIHaveAProblem said:

do you ever suffer from choice paralysis or does each item have a particular use case?...

 

 

The pens are for meeting notes. I'll grab whatever as long as it isn't the same color as the previous meeting.

 

I don't generally have trouble grabbing a  pencil or lead holder to start with, but sometimes I'll get a line or two in and stop because something about the pencil I've grabbed just isn't what I want at that moment. It's all totally stupid and in my head, but choosing the *next* pencil can really hard for some reason, especially if I'm not sure what's bothering me about my current pencil.

Link to post
Share on other sites
IThinkIHaveAProblem
9 minutes ago, flatline said:

, but choosing the *next* pencil can really hard for some reason, especially if I'm not sure what's bothering me about my current pencil.

I suppose this could be a kind of choice paralysis 

 

i can sympathize. I’m never quite sure which pen to ink up next. 

Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ENewton

For the most part, my working set consists of two fountain pens, a brush pen, and a brush.

  • The fountain pens are for practical and creative writing.  
  • The brush pen is for calligraphy practice on weekdays.
  • The brush is for calligraphy practice on weekends.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
flatline
12 hours ago, IThinkIHaveAProblem said:

i can sympathize. I’m never quite sure which pen to ink up next. 

That's why I only have two inks. Well, that and storage concerns.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A Montblanc Slimline with an EF nib.

 

Other than that, a Kuretake urushi brush light metal fountain pen for sketching.

 

All the others come and go, these remain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ENewton
3 hours ago, txomsy said:

A Montblanc Slimline with an EF nib.

 

Other than that, a Kuretake urushi brush light metal fountain pen for sketching.

 

All the others come and go, these remain.

 

Is the Kuretake implement a brush pen or a fountain pen?  I use a Kuretake brush pen that works with a Platinum converter and fountain pen ink but am unsure whether you are talking about something similar.  Does your pen have a brush tip or a fountain-pen nib? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Most Contributions

    1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
      37772
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
      30773
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
      28220
    4. jar
      jar
      26101
    5. wimg
      wimg
      25570
  • Upcoming Events

  • Blog Comments

    • danielfalgerho
      These comments make me sad as I sympathise with Ruaidhri, having great difficulties in being taken seriously. Or being taken at all (no off-colors jokes, please!) In spite of overwhelming odds,  Ruaidhri -now I know how to spell it- made a courageous decision and stuck to it. I was diagnosed with a similar growth in a place I will not reveal. Oh, well, if you insist it was Mount Sinai Hospital. But I firmly intend to walk in Ruaidhri's footsteps, if he will let me, on my next visit to Dublin.
    • ParramattaPaul
      Reminds me of the day my associates and I developed a cure for all mankind's ills and mistakenly wrote it down with invisible ink.
    • AnneD
      Was that the end of the Laboratory? Somehow the exactitude created a fully destructive device, as always!
    • AnneD
      Cold fusion, down the toilet? Seems fitting!
    • AnneD
      "Thank Heavens! I thought you were going to tell me I had Dandruff!"  So they couldn't come up with something really worthy of slipping you the Mickey Finn?? OH MY, and folate? Maybe more dandelion green salad for you! ...
  • Chatbox

    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Expiring Soon

    • By benbot517
      51 years and 9 months
    • By benbot517
      51 years and 9 months
    • By benbot517
      51 years and 9 months
    • By Okami
      51 years and 9 months
    • By Okami
      51 years and 9 months
  • Random Adverts

  • Files

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Aditkamath26
      Aditkamath26
      (19 years old)
    2. Aericon
      Aericon
    3. anaximander
      anaximander
      (51 years old)
    4. bgardner
      bgardner
      (67 years old)
    5. carolinius
      carolinius
      (72 years old)





×
×
  • Create New...