Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

MaleusScrotorum

Just wondering if anybody on here had had any experience with the Spanish pen maker Clavijo. I sent a message recently but still have not received a reply. I really do like the look of some of his models I must say…

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaleusScrotorum

• Wahl

• Paul-in-SF

• Bo Bo Olson

I only use and collect vintage pens, but I know Clavijo and his pens. He is a nice guy and his pens are quite good.

He is a part-time FP maker and the summer holiday period in Spain is July-August.

MaleusScrotorum

Thank you for your response. I suppose I will have to contact him after the summer in that case.

Do you own or have you tried any of his models? I am torn between the Sofia and the Rioja, but the 1920 has a very austere classicism that I find particularly attractive. Does he do custom projects as well I wonder?

Nick 

Paul-in-SF

The "Story" page on his site says that he does do custom work: (what follows is translated by Google)

Using one of his well-known models —or the one that a certain user defines and describes and he performs it for him— will be to enjoy the pleasure of writing with something truly exclusive. 

Jose Fermín Hernandez Lázaro

Thanks for posting about this maker, I'm liking several of his models. I will make a note on my calendar to contact him in September. 

19 hours ago, MaleusScrotorum said:

Thank you for your response. I suppose I will have to contact him after the summer in that case.

Do you own or have you tried any of his models? I am torn between the Sofia and the Rioja, but the 1920 has a very austere classicism that I find particularly attractive. Does he do custom projects as well I wonder?

Nick 

I don´t own any of his pens, as I am only interested in vintage, but I meet him at the Madrid Penshow every year (before Covid), where we have lunch with a large group of pen enthousiasts, and some of them have pens made by him, which I have tried and like.

A good friend of mine says he is a Zen artist !

Yes he does custom projects.

• 2 months later...
MaleusScrotorum

Update: still no response. Should I send him another message? Is he still reachable?

Nick

Bo Bo Olson

Three times is the charm.

In today's world of Convid, what was, is not necessarily easy anymore.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

RIP...200's once great nib, now a double ball.:crybaby::wallbash:

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.