My #1 Jotters At This Time. [ Ever Changing ]

JotterAddict62

Greetings All

These are my #1 Jotters [ at this time ] as when I find one that is unique and needs to go into the #1 case. Then the pen that is removed goes into the #2 case.

I will have to start a 3rd case for the overflow on this part of my Jotter collection.

Here they are.

S7SJRbR.jpg

gR9N0aM.jpg

In the photo below the top Jotter has the following imprint on it.

NEW! PARKER T-BALL JOTTER

Won't Skip In Any Normal Use

Writes over Handprints - Photos

Performs like A Fine Fountain Pen

Come In and say Hello! Rm.518

The 2nd  Jotter says

Parker T-Ball Jotter

Both are coral and with the ridge ball clip.

jfggpCP.jpg

The next 4 Jotters

Top two blue Jotters [ Parker T-Ball Jotter ]

Note: The 2nd  Jotter is a Industrial [ Fat boy ]. 

3rd Jotter says [ ridgeball clip ]

PARKER T-BALL JOTTER

Ballpoint Sales Leader at 1.95

[ Not seen in photo the Jotter has a window below the last line.]

4th Jotter says [ ridgeball clip]

THE PARKER PEN COMPANY

Presents the Window Shopper

Press the button to see

AD COPY IN ACTION!  [ Another window Jotter ]

wDAtNti.jpg

The next 3 Jotters

On the clip ARISTOCORT [ 1st yr clip ] I do have 3 of these, my #1 has the box and the 1st yr barrel.

2nd [ Green ] Jotter [ No tip protector ]

The Parker Pen Company

Janesville Wis.

3rd 1st yr Flighter

Build your Business Identity

With The " Wanted Business Gift"

A CUSTOM PARKER JOTTER

brjjfAi.jpg

Next 2 Jotters

Black industrial pencil [ ridgeball clip ] says

With Parker's Compliments

A New Exclusive Specialty

MECHANICAL PENCIL

Matches J-10 Jotter - Model MP-10

Better Ad Copy Space

Red Compact Jotter says

Compact Jotter

By Parker

Model JC-1

egqGTUG.jpg

Next 2 cap action Jotters

Top Jotter

Item J-2

Custom Jotter

[ Note not seen in photo above the first line is the Gulf logo a circle around the word GULF ]

Bottom Jotter

YOUR  SALES MESSAGE ON A

PARKER T-BALL JOTTER

WILL BE REMEMBERED

2nP9POg.jpg

The next 4 Jotters

1ST

THIS IS HOT STAMPED

This Is Surface Imprint

[And on the cap.]

COLOR FILLED ENGRAVING

DIAMOND POINT

2ND

Window Jotter

Write Out

[ In feet ]

Bic 4,061

Cross 9,956

Paper Mate 19,650

PARKER 26,855

3RD

A window Jotter says

PARKER WINDOW JOTTER

ACTION -AD

4114-11th Street

Rock Island, ILL 794-1755

The refill says

CLICK

MAKES

YOUR

4th

Calendar Jotter with days and moths

New!

PARKER

Calendar Jotter

fVHd5Gt.jpg

Last 3 Jotters

Top Jotter a touch dialer [  hard to see the button on the pen ]

Middle Jotter  [ A screwdriver Jotter ]

HELIPOT

MAGNUSON ASSOCIATES

CHICAGOAND ST. PAUL

Bottom Jotter [ Made in Canada ]

Magnet button in the cap.

GOGvByw.jpg

This case will keep changing when another interesting  Jotter comes along.

Ken

Edited by JotterAddict62
update photos

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joss

• JotterAddict62

• FlighterGuy

• Estycollector

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It could just be me and my iPad, but none of your photos are visible and I’d really like to see them….

I see them. I even check the photos when I was not signed In. Strange? I will rework the photos tonight after work.

I reloaded the photos. I have a new phone and the photos went to the cloud. I want to download photos to my computer first then I will do what I want to do with them.

Always new Tech  to learn.

Ken

Nice collection even though I know it’s only part of yours. Love the brighter colors, but I just don’t collect these as I very rarely write with a ballpoint…..

Thanks for posting the photos!

My first good pen was the Parker Jotter in the early 70's. That is why I am into first. However working backwards from 1980 to 1920's I do like what I see in the Parker Pen family tree,

and with these local auctions each year in Parkerland It is fun the buy what I can. This keeps me out of trouble.

Ken

I have a problem with the "Flighter Jotter".  First of all it doesn't exist.  

The Custom Jotter has the 1st gen clip, but the upper 10mm of the barrel is polished. 

The the 2nd gen Laboratory Jotter has the 21/Pardner style clip with the ball underneath and a fully brushed barrel.

Looks like a marriage to my eyes. 

What is the difference between a cap action 45 BP and cap action Jotter BP?

I have one Jotter with the smooth cap, sans logo and one Flighter 45 with an Ohto flash dry 5mm refill. The 45 and a Wing Sung stay in the Manhatten Portage Messenger bag and were used daily until I retired July 1. Great ball point pens. I am just happy we can still get refills. 

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

On 7/12/2021 at 9:49 PM, FlighterGuy said:

The Custom Jotter has the 1st gen clip, but the upper 10mm of the barrel is polished. 

The the 2nd gen Laboratory Jotter has the 21/Pardner style clip with the ball underneath and a fully brushed barrel.

What's this? 

Parker Jotter ballpoint pen 1990's vintage Made in UK | eBay

On 7/13/2021 at 11:29 AM, thx1138 said:

What is the difference between a cap action 45 BP and cap action Jotter BP?

... there is no difference because the P45 ballpoint is a cap activated Jotter ballpoint. Maybe you have to rephrase your question: is it about the ballpoint mechanism (cap activated versus push button activated) or on the ballpoint model (45 versus 51, 61, ...).

On 7/13/2021 at 4:49 AM, FlighterGuy said:

On 7/14/2021 at 2:32 PM, Estycollector said:

On 7/14/2021 at 4:12 PM, Carguy said:

Looks like a Flighter Jotter to me….I have one of those I believe.

I think that it is not about the existence of the metal Jotter but about semantics. "Flighter" was never used as a model name for the Jotter ballpoint with metal cap and barrel. Parker initially called this model "Jotter Custom" or "All metal ballpoint" and later on "Industrial Jotter" and "Laboratory Jotter" but never "Flighter Jotter".

On 7/13/2021 at 4:49 AM, FlighterGuy said:

The metal Jotters shown in the pictures look legit to me so which Jotter are you referring to as being a marriage?

On 7/12/2021 at 12:59 AM, JotterAddict62 said:

Greetings All

These are my #1 Jotters [ at this time ] as when I find one that is unique and needs to go into the #1 case. Then the pen that is removed goes into the #2 case.

I will have to start a 3rd case for the overflow on this part of my Jotter collection.

Congratulations, these are very nice pens.

I find the model name imprints interesting, especially on that early Custom Jotter with the polished barrel top (Parker called it "Jewelry-finished all-lustraloy") . I have not seen such imprints on Jotters before. The pens definitely are from different periods (mid 1950s to early 1960s) so I wonder who these pens were meant for. Maybe for internal use only or are these salesmen samples (e.g. the Gulf logo on one of the pens)?

2 hours ago, joss said:

I think that it is not about the existence of the metal Jotter but about semantics. "Flighter" was never used as a model name for the Jotter ballpoint with metal cap and barrel. Parker initially called this model "Jotter Custom" or "All metal ballpoint" and later on "Industrial Jotter" and "Laboratory Jotter" but never "Flighter Jotter".

Fair enough. This is a FP/pencil “Flighter” set so I assumed Parker referred to any device similar by the same name.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144111632493