Click Aristocrat medium nib gone wrong

Shyahi

Having such issues right at the start of the journey right after unboxing gives diminishing interest in any field and hobby you take.

Its continuing from the above post 

The manufacturer sends the replacement nib section of same medium nib.

Now covid kicks in life takes roller coaster ride everyone known is passing away and seeing them i feel my fate is sealed with hot stamp.

So i remove the ink from both the pens and leave it to dry.Couldn't test the nib section.

Now  a month of insanity has passed i feel happy atleast the inks are removed.

After regaining some  strength and  firm grip i  try drawing  some lines and  writing some words its all plain text nothing visible  with the replacement nib.

Tried soaking /using a de blade to carefully increase the gap in tines.

Nothing worked.

I write to the maker again with the video showing how the wingsun writes smoothly and how his pen doesn't.

Then its pin drop silence he sees the message but no reply.

After 3days gentle reminder 
After  7 days and family  constantly  in background" that's why never buy Fountain pens"  i loose my cool.

After 1 week

I  say him to give your address I don't want this (bleep) i am shipping it back to you.

He hasnr hasn't replied  all rhis this time but seeing the last message there's an instant
Gagwani:-Instantly calls arguing that  i am immature to say the word (bleep)  whereas he  should  be apologizing for this experience and accept the mistake.

Me:-Sir my first ink pen purchase of my life and this much issues how do you expect me to Respond ??
You are just ignoring my messages.
Like earlier had you responded by saying  we need n  no of days time to get back and sort it out then no issue but simply ignoring is not a solution.

I listen all his tantrum and call ends with him saying  this way it won't end and says he will replace with a falcon fountain pen just confirm the colour and nib.

My pen was INR350/- and out of anger he said he would be offering a pen INR1200/- Falcon pen ebonite.

Say it my conscience but i just couldn't have it without him offering it in  full state of mind with an apology.
So i said Sir in anger you're doing a great mistake replacing a 350 pen with 1200.

I asked him do you still want to  replreplace pen worth thrice the price .

What was the proper way Mr Gawani should have handled it ?
What was the proper way that I could have handled it?

I finally got good experience so thought of upgrading the gear.

Do you think i should go with same company who doesn't accept his mistake and just says ok we will replace it as if giving us some big donation?

I can only pray that other's don't get such experience as a first timer into the hobby

Being responsive like before purchase should be the same after purchase but for many its like Sale done shop closed 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shyahi

• Yohaanrods

• KAMI

• mohnish verma

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunate experience. Looks like you got the odd pen that is defective. Manufacturer should probably take customer care seriously. 

After the post going public he offered for a refund but what good use will it be for me?

Will the experience improve no.

So.i just said him no thanks and donated the pen as is to an Ashram who had come for old clothes.

This way I won't be having any trace of the pen nor the brand.

Note - I have had no personal experience with the owners of Click, etc.

Out of 20 or so Click Aristocrats that I've bought over a period of many years from many sellers but never directly from the manufacturer, I have 12 of them currently inked up (refer picture - the pen box may be costlier than the pens it houses!). Four have been discarded but some parts are reused in other pens. Four are in storage as backup. All are eye-droppered due to the quantum of writing.

1991280279_ClickPens_2.thumb.jpg.499f0f6a1666a4f15b5a51bbb5357fe4.jpg

Now, are these 12 pens the same as I had purchased them? No - I have swapped feeds, nibs,  sections, etc. to arrive at the optimum combination with the inks I have.

Issues I've had -

• Defects in sections (cracks and chips at the end)
  • Loose-fitting feeds and nibs
  • Inexplicable lack of flow with some inks
  • None of them are the smoothest writing nibs in the world, but are passable. A majority are smooth and some have slight feedback. I once had a broad nib that had a humongous ball for a tip and a fine nib with the slit not cut out properly

Issues I've NOT had -

• Burping - I was of the impression that the lack of  burping was because of some synthetic wool stuffed into the barrel at the end (as in the case of Pilot NSF), but when I bought the demonstrators, I saw that it was plain plastic. I am not sure why there is no burping - even when the barrel is almost empty... the feeds are very basic (measures exactly same as that of Jinhao pens like x450). I have an ASA Maya that burps like anything, so I can't use it despite having the smoothest JoWo unit
  • Dryness or scratchiness - All pens are wet writers on most types of paper. For example - I was suckered into buying Modena Red thinking it was a successor to Corn Poppy Red. It makes a 146 write like a nail. The only pen I've found that can tame this ink and make it write wet is one with a Click Medium nib (which, of course, writes too wet for most other inks)

So my experience has been somewhat ok - but I know that any pen purchased off the internet may have issues. 4/20 is a loss of Rs. 1,200 which I am willing to accept in this scenario since the remaining 16/20 are really good writers.

An anecdotal experience - I bought a set of four Gama No. 11 as I wanted an even cheaper alternative to the Click Aristocrats. Only one of the four was a good writer. Two burped constantly and one had a very scratchy nib. But I have Gama Kuyil and Eyas which are great writers... So my opinion on them as a manufacturer has not gone down.

Similar is the case with Kanwrite Desire which is slightly costlier - two pens, one a great writer and other having a baby's bottom in the broad nib.

Each pen has it's own quirks and idiosyncrasies is all that I am able to conclude, irrespective of the manufacturer. In many cases, we can resolve these quirks (smoothen nib, etc.) In some cases, we accept the quirks (fantastic writer, but burps, so have a napkin handy). In a few cases, we discard the pens.

In your specific case, let the kind of response by the manufacturer not drive you away from some nice pens that they do produce.

unforrtunately i have alredy given up.

The way the owner shouts at you and then says ok will give some Falcon.

But on realising that falcon is costlier he has not honoured his own words and backs down to click demo.

If he is not by his words and doesnt reapond and argues for his defects as a beginner that was horrible experience.

I thought all are of same breed thats why had given up buying any from the manufzcturer.

I had issues of ecom sites not delivering at my addres thats why the manufactuer.

Untill and unless the issue wasnt highlted in public of the owners rude attitude he was least bothered of any thing and only after some experienced owners have stepped in he came up with his apology.

Saying he is ready to refund the amount.

Now if sir you were in my place

Your first purchase entry into the fountain pen

All the tips followed even the replacement nib comes defective and the owner not responding for a week ignoring text messages what would you do?

I say share your address take back your (bleep) pen.Keep the money i dont want any click pens.

1 week he never called and now he calls in an instant.

He shouts and argues how can i say (bleep) i am not mature enough.

Even after all this he still.is aramant on all this

i say you are ignoring my requests what do i do.

you ask time how much you want then reply no problem

But seeing my messages daily and ignoring them is not ok with me.

He says ok he will Falcon pen.

I say ok my pen was click aristo are you sure you will be sending Click Falcon??

Now he backs up on his own words and say no no I can only send Click aristo

The above lines opened his reality that he and his pens are never to be trusted.

If he would have not shouted and argued  and given the Falcon i would be happy to take it.

But after being such rude i dont want any of his Unique pen industries entire lineup.

I always insist on chat/email as that acts as proof and his word which many pen makers are out if reach in respectful way and dont stand by the word.

If others can gulp the rude behaviour and take another pen even higher price maybe they will continue.

But i cannot even its 1 or N no pens from click seeing it kept reminding me the horrors of it so donated the replacemnt to the Ashram who comes for donations.

If your pen is faulty right out of the box accept it dont go on shouting atleast respect your position.

Your experience was good and i am happy but they have nailed themselves with their own hammer.

Take care of tools and they take care of you is i follow

Such things in the start i pray anyone else doesnt get this treatment.

It demotivated me to use a Fountain pen altogetger so was back using Classmate octane gel pen as Trimax refills arent there in the market.

A good one of another shave hobby sent me few Goodies  of pencils,ball pens in that was a Bril fountain pen.

That pen writes smooth.

With this i am back on track and contacted few companies

Mohi

Gm pens

Vsign/Beena

Dvadaria

Wality

Deccan Pens

Of these only two gave good repsonse

Vsign/Beena

Dvadria

Brands that are least bothered to do business with no reply

Mohi

Gm pens

Brands that gave one line reply and never got back

Deccan pens 

Wality

Dvadaria are clipless with a leather clip accessory so didnt fit my criteria.

Vsign Beena i am on two but the other pen by ASA VSign is doubtfull as turn around time for ASA is very late and was advised by few admins to stay away 

Wality ill buy one 71J

Brands skipped are

Deccan,Mohi,Gm,ASA 

Please suggest a good website or store which has  Beena,Wality and gets back on time they ask 

IMG_20210721_083246.jpg

IMG_20210728_090821.jpg

IMG_20210728_101710.jpg

Asa sells them... Better to send them a WhatsApp message. 

Wality can be bought from your local store too ( depending in which city you're based in). 

I recently made a purchase from ASA, ordered on 8th and delivered on 13th. The owner replies within an hour or sometimes 4, understandable since he has a business to run. The exchanges were cordial and he was happy to make changes as well as additions to the order. I tested all the pens today. 1 had issues starting out but a hot soap bath fixed all of that.

I am also new to fountain pens(1 month since first purchase) but have spent some time researching the basic issues that occur in new pens and how to troubleshoot them. In my case both Jinhaos needed a water bath, Click Aristocrat was burping(some silicon grease in the nib unit threads fixed that). The nib was fine but I  switched for a Kanwrite one for a smoother experience.

These are just a few issues faced with 3 pens. I've got a total of 7 and only 2 wrote to my liking out of the box.

I take the learning and troubleshooting as a part of the experience of using a fountain pen. 

I would recommend Kanwrite, ASA and Lotus pens from my experience. As for inks I have made all my purchases from online mantra. You can message me for troubleshooting if required.(I enjoy it a lot)

For me the nib was sour thats why all the hacks tried didnt work.

First one came defective and so did the second.

Could be a bad lot.

I skipped asapens.in as Mr Subbu didnt get back to me despite having stock there was supposed to be an update in website for stocks availability.

He replied he would need 3-5 hrs which is fine but atleast he could have responded after 24hrs?

I simply dont trust these peole who dont value themeslves.

I mean same place if a first time supplier said that stock will arrive within 3-6 days and doesnt arrive within 14 days as well will they continue with the supplier?

If it was an old one then maybe yes due to goodwill but i dont think anyone would do the same for first timers.

Mohi pens is just out of the world neither the owner nor the business page gets back to you

gm pens is also the same.

kanwrite couldnt explain the diff on their nibs.

Maybe they are sellers so they wont know much.

Wality's mirchandani was a hit or a miss i couldnt get back.

Dvadaria is a good one got back on time but out of finance constraints for the clip ones.

Beena /Vsign despite being a vintage brand was on the dot in replying back.

Thats why based on their interaction had bought Beena Antic,Beena Lincoln

Wality 71J was recommended by experts 

kanwrite 35mm two spare nibs dual tone.

Replaced one with wality stock nib.

Its very scratchy on stock nib

IMG_20210814_122929.jpg

IMG_20210814_122533.jpg

15 hours ago, Shyahi said:

For me the nib was sour thats why all the hacks tried didnt work.

First one came defective and so did the second.

Could be a bad lot.

I skipped asapens.in as Mr Subbu didnt get back to me despite having stock there was supposed to be an update in website for stocks availability.

He replied he would need 3-5 hrs which is fine but atleast he could have responded after 24hrs?

I simply dont trust these peole who dont value themeslves.

I mean same place if a first time supplier said that stock will arrive within 3-6 days and doesnt arrive within 14 days as well will they continue with the supplier?

If it was an old one then maybe yes due to goodwill but i dont think anyone would do the same for first timers.

kanwrite couldnt explain the diff on their nibs.

Maybe they are sellers so they wont know much.

I cannot comment on your experience with Click.

I was pretty hasty too when I started enquiring with manufacturers and stores about the different pens that I wanted to try. But soon enough I found that the industry is not fast paced. It's a niche market where people place orders months in advance and in some cases even wait for a year or more for a custom pen. I too sent tons of messages without getting replies but understood that people are busy with backorders and the rush of new orders post lockdown. I was often told that I would get a reply but did not. Even though it left a sour taste, I got to learn a bit with every interaction. Now I know that if I want to order a pen I should start contacting people at least 3 days in advance from the date I want to order it on.

As for ASA pens, I got a reply on the same day within 5 hours, your message might have been missed is all I can say.

Kanwrite are not sellers, they are manufacturers and for the 2 times that I have ordered nibs from them E-mail has proven to be the fastest method to get the order through.

For information on different nibs youtube has been the best source of information. I believe Penatomy has a video about all Kanwrite Nibs.

• 1 year later...

I could tell you about kanwrite they are good , i don't know how he was not able to make you understand the difference of his nibs but they make the best nibs in india and are well renowned around the globe and there customer support is excellent and beena is also the best they are always there for you and there pen always work out of the box.