Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Penbox.co.uk - Still Trading?

Aysedasi

Are there any UK users of Penbox on here?  I was looking to buy a Charleston nib from them.  Their prices are good and I have a NOS Charleston on the way but want to change the nib.  Their website shows availability but their online ordering is down.  I've emailed them three times now with no reply and tried to phone but it just rings and rings....  Anyone have any recent experience?

Thanks

Ayse

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• encremental

• Aysedasi

• cougarking

• Chimera01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I'm a big Penbox fan and have used them many times. I recently bought a lovely Lapis Mk2 Centennial, and like you found online ordering down (I don't even think they use that anymore) but emailed via sales@penbox.co.uk and had the reply from Steve:

'Sorry, but the shop side is not open at the moment and we are only traveling to the shop a few times  a week. We are taking some telephone orders for posting out. We will be in the shop tomorrow 11am – 4pm. Due to the situation with covid19 we are limiting the hours that we are coming into the shop and only opening the office/admin side'

So my advice is to persevere - but yes, interesting nibs and particularly unusual stubs.

John 

Ah, thanks very much John.  I emailed them first nearly two weeks ago (using that address), and three times more since.  It would be useful if they updated their site as to when they're likely to be contactable and perhaps had an automated reply from their email address.  

I spoke with them within the last couple of weeks, they said they were not taking orders through the website but they would over the phone. 

Yes indeed.  I thought I ought to come back on and report that Penbox are 'alive and well'!  Steve made contact with me about my potential order and although they didn't have my preferred nib in stock I have made a purchase which has been posted to me today.  So more than happy and thanks to Steve at Penbox for his attentiveness once contact was made!   :)

I Have tried a few times to make contact via phone and email, but no reply?

the phone rings and the emails don't seem to be answered. 

How long ago did they contact you, do you have an alternative contact to those on the web page.

Will keep trying.

cheers,

I ended up sending my email to all of the addresses shown on their website.  I then had a reply the same day.  All of my correspondence with Steve thereafter was via the sales@penbox.co.uk address.    They are still only visiting the shop occasionally.  

Capture.JPG

I suspect they are running a 'lean' team at the moment, only visiting the shop once or twice a week.  Keep persevering.  Once I did make contact, Steve was very helpful and I'm very pleased with my nib order.