FPR Markings

Just J

Is anyone here familiar with FPR's nib-marking conventions? 

I bought a couple of FPR's Majestic pens, one Clear with 1.0mm Stub & the other in Red with Med Nib. Both are pictured here together (pls see), and as easily discerned, the Stub is plainly marked as such, but the other (red pen) only shows what appears to be a tiny 'square', slightly offset left-of-center at base of the stamped 'nib' marking. Nowhere can I find anything resembling an 'M' for Medium. (2nd photo shows a little better view) 

Notably perhaps, there's also a distinct difference in the brand-markings on each. Both, btw, came in on the same order, not like weeks or months apart. Can someone who knows please describe what's going on here?  I know NOW because it just came in & is fresh on my mind. But how do I know what it is when I pick it up again 6 months from now?. 

TIA!, 

_/_/ 

20210703_140940.jpg

20210703_142943.jpg

Ever notice that all the instruments looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? 

~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~

If I said I'll fix it, I will. There's no need to remind me every six months. 

~ 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• Jamerelbe

• Just J

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Just J said:

Can someone who knows please describe what's going on here?  I know NOW because it just came in & is fresh on my mind. But how do I know what it is when I pick it up again 6 months from now?

Why not just ask Kevin at FPR? He has a reputation for great and responsive customer service, and my own experience corroborates.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I believe FPR have been in the process of rebranding for a while, and only more recently began changing the branding on their nibs.  My guess would be that the top nib comes from their older stock  (their stub nibs cost a little more, and they may have more of a stockpile), while the bottom nib looks like the new branding.  Both nibs come from the same manufacturer, made to the same production standards - the only difference is the update to the logo and lettering.    [As @A Smug Dill indicated, Kevin from FPR is pretty responsive to queries - I'm pretty sure he'd be happy to confirm or clarify if you reach out via email or the website Contact Us page!]

3 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

"Why not just ask Kevin at FPR? ... "

Figured A)- They might be closed for the holiday weekend....let the man enjoy his time off.

B)- Give you something to do. 

😁 

Ever notice that all the instruments looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? 

~ 

3 hours ago, Just J said:

A)- They might be closed for the holiday weekend....let the man enjoy his time off.

If Kevin is not in the habit of attending to customer enquiries and business correspondence on weekends, then I'm sure he'll just get around to looking at the email when it suits him and his work/life balance; you shouldn't have to worry about that or manage it on his behalf. On the other hand, given what you ask is not in the least time-sensitive — you're not critically depending on the information in order to make a decision within a narrow and rapidly closing window of opportunity — there's nothing wrong with either waiting until the weekend is over before you ask the question, or send him the question but expect not to get any answer for several days. Your question is inconsequential, and there is no plausible reason why you would need to know the answer before the weekend is over; being personally curious at this very moment does not make it an urgent matter for anyone else.

3 hours ago, Just J said:

B)- Give you something to do.

Then that was the last time I shall ever answer your questions, irrespective of context, importance or urgency.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

2 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

If Kevin is not in the habit of attending to customer enquiries and business correspondence on weekends, then I'm sure he'll just get around to looking at the email when it suits him and his work/life balance; you shouldn't have to worry about that or manage it on his behalf. On the other hand, given what you ask is not in the least time-sensitive — you're not critically depending on the information in order to make a decision within a narrow and rapidly closing window of opportunity — there's nothing wrong with either waiting until the weekend is over before you ask the question, or send him the question but expect not to get any answer for several days. Your question is inconsequential, and there is no plausible reason why you would need to know the answer before the weekend is over; being personally curious at this very moment does not make it an urgent matter for anyone else.

Then that was the last time I shall ever answer your questions, irrespective of context, importance or urgency.

@A Smug Dill, we're never under *any* obligation to answer *anyone's* questions - but there's no harm in queries like this being asked and answered, even out of curiosity.  And I'm always happy to answer questions about FPR, I'm a long-time customer and fan!

3 hours ago, Jamerelbe said:

we're never under *any* obligation to answer *anyone's* questions

There is no obligation to answer. However, given the attitude I think was expressed, any interest in answering any questions from the O.P. of this thread has been extinguished, and I wouldn't care if he/she wants to ask about a brand or model that happens to be my favourite and of which I have a dozen units and several years of first-hand user experience.

14 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

7 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

First, how was I to know of Kevin's 'business practices' at the time I asked the question? I'm not all that clairvoyant.* 

"

7 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

"...given what you ask is not in the least time-sensitive — you're not critically depending on the information in order to make a decision within a narrow and rapidly closing window of opportunity — ..."

How do you know that?  Apparently * does not apply to You.

I wanted to get my cataloging done & put away before the holiday....is that ok with you?  And what was all that about dictating another's life, again? 

1 hour ago, A Smug Dill said:

However, given the attitude I think was expressed, ...

I suppose the li'l smiley I so bothered to seek out and deploy as a sign it was meant humorously or light-heartedly means nothing, then?  Should i apologize for not knowing humorless souls would engage in what has turned into a rather nasty diatribe as to what's right and wrong? 

Good sir, I do not care the slightest whit if you don't respond to my posts.  Yours was hateful,  and YOU KNOW it was MEANT to BE SO!  And all your "experience"?  Flexing the old Bulletin Board Musclery now, are we?  LOL I've done without you going on 77 years now....guess I can scrape up another two or three.  

But THANK YOU, Jamerelbe

And....since I've breached it, I guess I'll go ahead and apologize for simply trying to start a conversation. 

Peace, 

Out. 

~ _/_/

~ 

19 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

There is no obligation to answer. However, given the attitude I think was expressed, any interest in answering any questions from the O.P. of this thread has been extinguished, and I wouldn't care if he/she wants to ask about a brand or model that happens to be my favourite and of which I have a dozen units and several years of first-hand user experience.

Don't want to get into a flame war here, @A Smug Dill (although I think it may be a bit late for that 😧), but I think you've taken offence at something that was meant to be light-hearted.  Maybe we could all try a bit harder not to assume the worst about each other's intentions?? 🙏