RANGA HANDMADE PENS MODEL 3 GROUP BUY IN BEAUTIFUL EBONITES

mpkandan

Dear FPN'ers,

Greetings!!!!

This group buy is for RANGA Handmade Pens Model 3  in beautiful Premium Ebonites & Regular Ebonites. This Group Buy is Valid till 31-July-21
Model 3 is  Flat shaped Pen.  It is perfect Every day carry Pen.  This is   Popular Ranga Model Pen. It caps in less than 1 turn. The pens are completely handcrafted .Ebonite is Durable, evergreen ,long lasting , Classic and favorite material for Pen lovers. It has Vintage Characteristics

Capped Length - Approximately 6 Inches  Cap Dia - 16mm, Barrel Dia - 14.3mm,  Section Dia - 12.5mm at Thickest part and 11mm at thinnest part. 

In order to purchase Ranga Model 3  Pen , Kindly  fill the Google Form (Link Below) 

RANGA Model 3 - ORDER FORM

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc0dOye2rNfkIOq4R5JbySLCQTJp2DJw6ynYRpgnH275MVl7A/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0

Colours : 

Premium Ebonites:
------------------------

P1. Solid Blue 
P2. Black/Yellow
P3. Blue/Pink
P5. Blue/White
P6. Black/Red
P7. Green/Yellow
P8. Solid Pink
P9. Blue/Green/Orange
P11. Blue/White/Green/Orange
P12. Orange/ Black
P13. Green/Pale Pink
P14. Blue/Pink/Pale Yellow
P18 PINK RED GREEN
P19 Blue/Orange
P20 GREY CREAM
P21 Pink/ Pale Yellow
P22 Orange/ Pale Yellow
P23 GREY RED CREAM

Regular Ebonites
-----------------------

R4. Black
S1. Solid Forest Green with Black Specs
S6.Forest Green - Teal Blue Ripple with Black Specs
S9. Mustard Yellow - Black Ripple 
S10. Khaki - Bluish Black Ripple 
S12. Rose Red - Black Ripple 
S15. Rose Red - Forest Green Ripple
S17. Rose Red - Mustard Yellow Ripple with Black Specs
S20. Teal Blue - Orange Ripple 
S22. Solid Red with Black Specs
S28. Solid Grass Green with Black Specs

Finish :Polished Finish or Matte Finish
Clip Option -  1. Gold Clip 2. White Clip 3. Clipless
Cap Turn: It takes less than 1 turn to cap and uncap

For C/C mechanism (with Schmidt K5 Converter) #6 Nib Options 
Nib Option:

Ranga Extra Fine Nib -  Chrome Tone  ,Gold Tone,Dual Tone 
Ranga Fine Nib-  Chrome Tone  ,Gold Tone,Dual Tone 
Ranga Medium Nib-  Chrome Tone  ,Gold Tone,Dual Tone 
Ranga Broad Nib-  Chrome Tone  ,Gold Tone,Dual Tone 
Ranga Double Broad Nib:Chrome Tone  ,Gold Tone,Dual Tone 
Ranga Flex: Chrome Tone  ,Gold Tone,Dual Tone 
Ranga 14K Nib # 6 Size Nibs:-   Fine Point, Medium Point ,Broad Point, Flex

Bock Titanium #6  nibs:   Broad Point
Bock 18K Nib # 6 Size Nibs:-   Fine Point, Medium Point ,Broad Point, 

JoWo Fine Nib - Chrome Tone or  Gold Tone
JoWo Medium Nib -  Chrome Tone or Gold Tone  
JoWo Broad Nib - Chrome Tone or Gold Tone
JoWo 1.1 Calligraphy Nib - Chrome Tone or Gold Tone
JoWo 1.5 Calligraphy Nib - Chrome Tone or Gold Tone 
Schmidt Fine Nib - Gold Tone or Chrome Tone
Schmidt Medium Nib - Gold Tone or Chrome Tone 
Schmidt Broad Nib - Gold Tone or Chrome Tone
No Nib - Threaded for Bock #6 
No Nib - Threaded for JoWo #6 
No Nib - Threaded for Schmidt #6  

Price :  RANGA Model 3 : Premium Ebonite with Ranga Nib and German Schmidt Converter: 69USD (Its Regular Price is 84USD).  Regular  Ebonite with Ranga Nib and German Schmidt Converter:54USD (Its Regular Price is 69USD).Kindly avail this Offer Price for this Excellent Pen
Customer's can upgrade it to their favourite nibs with extra charge
Making Time : 2-3  weeks from payment date 

Shipping: Via Courier . It takes 4 to 9 days.Via Courier- Kindly note that courier rates are very high now. We are happy to share that we are collecting only 50% of the courier charges and rest is incurred by us .
Customer's need to pay 15USD for USA/Canada, 10USD for Central Europe /Singapore/ Malaysia and country specific rates for other countries. 

Payment Details: Paypal id:  mpkandan@gmail.com

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

IMG_20210623_095945.jpg

IMG_20210628_100753.jpg

IMG_20210628_101807.jpg

IMG_20210623_102100.jpg

IMG_20201102_165925-02.jpg

IMG_20201102_170348-02.jpg

IMG_20210624_170320-01.jpg

IMG_20210624_170956-01.jpg

IMG_20210624_171743-01.jpg

IMG_20201102_161402-01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sansenri

• BayesianPrior

• mpkandan

• MuddyWaters

Thank you for putting the model 3 back in the group  buys, as you know this is one of my favourite Ranga models!

I've just sent in my request for a clipless blue-white with chrome Jowo M

If the 3C was in scope, I might pull the trigger on a clipless green-cream with chrome Jowo EF.  Just sayin'

bayesianprior.png

On 7/11/2021 at 3:58 PM, BayesianPrior said:

If the 3C was in scope, I might pull the trigger on a clipless green-cream with chrome Jowo EF.  Just sayin'

I had a 3C eyedropper that I didn't get on with.  It was me not the pen.  I was debating on jumping on this but have decided to hold out for the 3C group buy when it rolls around sometime and get a C/C this time.

honestly mentioned, the 3C is nice but I have a preference for the flat top look of the model 3, a bit like the old Waterman ebonite flat tops.

Sizewise (together with the 3C) it's the most comfortable Ranga to hold, straight barrel and section, good length, no need to post.

I also prefer the pen clipless (I enjoy the uninterrupted look of the ebonite).

large.850098622_P1180421-3Ranga3tealBockTitaniumnib.jpg.fe4632e689a1bcfe33d227d77876a997.jpg

Sorry, I don't mean to hi-jack the thread.

I have a 3C in red brick/khaki (polished), 8B in blue/khaki (matte), and the 3 in black (matte).  All clipless.

Somehow the 3 in black just doesn't appeal to me the same way as the others do.  I can't disassociate it from a black baseball bat.

I am tempted by a desk pen, however....

IMG_20210712_1617070.jpg

bayesianprior.png

ahah! that's odd, the matt black is highly requested usually...

Anyhow, here in Italy we don't have this issue, we don't play baseball... :D ;) (don't we have the flag emoticon in this thingy...)

I love the look and feel of the matte black, and the barrel is great on its own.

My problem is when I cap the pen.  I might add a silver ring (snake?) as a roll stop to fancy it up a little.

bayesianprior.png

you can do that, although I actually find beauty in the simple, undisturbed design, especially in these pens which are on the large side and in the uninterrupted charm of the ebonite materials

large.1789981380_P1170073-3Ranga3blue-pinkpremium.jpg.bf9289797c01a1d2e1e1082b327ef85c.jpg

Dear FPN'ers,

Thanks for your nice support. We are extending this group buy to Model 3 Premium Acrylics in 21 colours

Premium Acrylics  are very attractive ,looks Gorgeous and appeals Visually very much.
Capped Length - Approximately 6 Inches  Cap Dia - 16mm, Barrel Dia - 14.3mm,  Section Dia - 12.5mm at Thickest part and 11mm at thinnest part. 
In order to purchase Ranga Model 3  Pen , Kindly  fill the Google Form (Link Below) 

RANGA Model 3 - ORDER FORM

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc0dOye2rNfkIOq4R5JbySLCQTJp2DJw6ynYRpgnH275MVl7A/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0

Premium Acrylics Colours
--------------------------------
Premium Acrylics:
------------------------

P1.Red Cracked Ice
P2.Black Cracked Ice
P3.Red Gold Cracked Ice
P4.Blue Red Cracked Ice
P5.Aqua Cracked Ice
P6.Orange Cracked Ice
P7.Brown Cracked Ice
P8.Green Cracked Ice
P9.White Cracked Ice
P10.Blue Cracked Ice
P11.Red-on-red cracked ice
P12.Carnival
P13.Turquoise cracked ice
P14.Rust red cracked ice
P15.Fuschia  cracked ice
P16.Rainbow cracked ice
P17.Diwali
P18. Purple Cracked Ice
P19. Purple Peach Cracked Ice
P20. Red Gold Blue Cracked Ice
P21 Purple Blue Cracked Ice

Regards,
Kandan.M.P
Ranga Pen Company

IMG_20210707_173200.jpg

IMG_20210707_175444.jpg

IMG_20201103_154332-02.jpg

IMG_20201103_160039-01.jpg

IMG_20201103_160418-02.jpg

IMG_20201103_160915-02.jpg

IMG_20201103_161552-02.jpg

IMG_20201103_161852-01.jpg

IMG_20201103_153527-01.jpg

IMG_20201103_162107-02.jpg

• 1 month later...

Due to the summer holidays and temporary absence from home, I asked Ranga to keep the pen for when I'd be back and then ship it. The pen recently arrived and it's very nice, much as I expected!

My request was for a clipless Model 3 (so the flat top) in premium blue-white ebonite.

Inspired by another Ranga pen custom modified for a fellow FPNer, I also asked for a slight modification of the section on my Model 3. In particular I asked to have a less tapering section, and without the lip on the tip.

From what I had seen this would give the pen a more modern look.

This is the result (temporary cellphone photo, will be taking better ones when time allows).

large.1238486074_Ranga3bluewhitepremiumJowoMwithcustomsection.jpg.5b433628d523892433053fac983b2274.jpg

at first site the pen looks quite different from a model 3 (which is sort of fun, it's still a model 3 but it's also another pen!).

The less tapering section makes the pen even more comfortable to hold (I just love straight section-barrel pens), and the lack of the lip does give it a less "traditional" look, making it look "younger".

I'm happy with the result and the premium ebonite is of course gorgeous!

(the nib is a Jowo and I'm now very tempted to get some nice custom ground from fpnibs)

Thank you, Ranga!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 4:50 PM, sansenri said:

Due to the summer holidays and temporary absence from home, I asked Ranga to keep the pen for when I'd be back and then ship it. The pen recently arrived and it's very nice, much as I expected!

My request was for a clipless Model 3 (so the flat top) in premium blue-white ebonite.

Inspired by another Ranga pen custom modified for a fellow FPNer, I also asked for a slight modification of the section on my Model 3. In particular I asked to have a less tapering section, and without the lip on the tip.

From what I had seen this would give the pen a more modern look.

This is the result (temporary cellphone photo, will be taking better ones when time allows).

large.1238486074_Ranga3bluewhitepremiumJowoMwithcustomsection.jpg.5b433628d523892433053fac983b2274.jpg

at first site the pen looks quite different from a model 3 (which is sort of fun, it's still a model 3 but it's also another pen!).

The less tapering section makes the pen even more comfortable to hold (I just love straight section-barrel pens), and the lack of the lip does give it a less "traditional" look, making it look "younger".

I'm happy with the result and the premium ebonite is of course gorgeous!

(the nib is a Jowo and I'm now very tempted to get some nice custom ground from fpnibs)

Thank you, Ranga!

That's how I wish my model 3 came! Very nice pen. 

You mean it did not?

Ebonite is always a draw of luck, I have some ebonite pens that turned out lovely, in lovely colour swirls, some other less so, but then some of the one that look less neat are actually fantastic performers! In the end I think I love all my Rangas...  :D

10 hours ago, sansenri said:

You mean it did not?

Ebonite is always a draw of luck, I have some ebonite pens that turned out lovely, in lovely colour swirls, some other less so, but then some of the one that look less neat are actually fantastic performers! In the end I think I love all my Rangas...  :D

I mean with a straighter section. I think my model 3 section tapers too much compared to the thickness of the body. But it's okay... 

14 hours ago, MuddyWaters said:

I mean with a straighter section. I think my model 3 section tapers too much compared to the thickness of the body. But it's okay... 

that is somewhat also my experience, although I find that it's still ok and perfectly usable, as I have several model 3 and 3C, but when I saw a mod done for Karmachanic here, I thought it might be nice to try.

I just asked Mr Kandan when turning my pen to leave the section slightly less tapering and avoid the lip (one of the reasons why the section tapers, I thought, is actually because you need to eat some material away to form the lip...).

Request accepted and that is the result, which is quite nice.

You might want to consider on your next model 3 :).

• 1 month later...