What Japanese Pens are you writing with today?

Ste_S

14 hours ago, dms525 said:

The models mentioned all use the same series of nibs, so, for example, an F nib on a Prera would be the same as an F nib on a Metropolitan or a 78G.

Ah, I was under the impression that an "F" nib on a Prera, Metropolitan, or 78g is not italic.

My pens for sale: https://www.facebook.com/jaiyen.pens  

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dms525

• PithyProlix

• Ste_S

• whichwatch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

None. But the Kuretake FP with brush tip is always around for sketching (rarely writing).

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

10 hours ago, PithyProlix said:

Ah, I was under the impression that an "F" nib on a Prera, Metropolitan, or 78g is not italic.

The F nib is NOT italic. I thought you asked about F nibs. The Pilot steel italic nibs are labeled <CM> (Calligraphy Medium) on the Prera and Metropolitan. The 78G may come with nibs labeled <B> or <BB>, which are medium and broad italic/stub nibs respectively.

11 minutes ago, dms525 said:

The F nib is NOT italic. I thought you asked about F nibs. The Pilot steel italic nibs are labeled <CM> (Calligraphy Medium) on the Prera and Metropolitan. The 78G may come with nibs labeled <B> or <BB>, which are medium and broad italic/stub nibs respectively.

I was trying to ask if the F nib on a Plumix/Pluminix, which is italic, comes with any other pen. 

49 minutes ago, PithyProlix said:

I was trying to ask if the F nib on a Plumix/Pluminix, which is italic, comes with any other pen. 

I have no experience with a Pilot nib that is marked "F" and is Italic. But you have made me curious. Can you post a photo of this nib? I'm wondering if it's the same nib I have seen marked <C> (for "calligraphy.").

46 minutes ago, dms525 said:

I have no experience with a Pilot nib that is marked "F" and is Italic. But you have made me curious. Can you post a photo of this nib? I'm wondering if it's the same nib I have seen marked <C> (for "calligraphy.").

I lifted the picture below from this page: 
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMWadaL

I am not familiar with a Pilot nib marked <C> but I do know one marked <CM> that is available on the Metropolitan and Prera, presumably to distinguish it from the 'normal' M nib available on these models. I believe the CM is the same as the Plumix/Pluminix M and 78g B, except for superficial differences. 

The Plumix/Pluminix also has a B nib, also in the picture below, which I believe is the same as the 78g BB, with superficial differences. 

I have a Pluminix F whose nib is now in a 78g body, three 78g B's, and a 78g+ BB (which I got second hand - I think it is the '+' version because it is a demonstrator). I really like all these nibs but I think the Pluminix F suits my predominant use best. Unfortunately I really don't like the Pluminix grip, hence my question.

Screenshot_2021-07-27-00-42-22-300_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-01.jpeg

1 hour ago, PithyProlix said:

I lifted the picture below from this page: 
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMWadaL

I am not familiar with a Pilot nib marked <C> but I do know one marked <CM> that is available on the Metropolitan and Prera, presumably to distinguish it from the 'normal' M nib available on these models. I believe the CM is the same as the Plumix/Pluminix M and 78g B, except for superficial differences. 

The Plumix/Pluminix also has a B nib, also in the picture below, which I believe is the same as the 78g BB, with superficial differences. 

I have a Pluminix F whose nib is now in a 78g body, three 78g B's, and a 78g+ BB (which I got second hand - I think it is the '+' version because it is a demonstrator). I really like all these nibs but I think the Pluminix F suits my predominant use best. Unfortunately I really don't like the Pluminix grip, hence my question.

Screenshot_2021-07-27-00-42-22-300_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-01.jpeg

Thanks for the photos. Pilot fits the same nib in different pens with different width designations. I just found a Plumix online with an <M> designation that also appears to be a stub.

5 hours ago, dms525 said:

Thanks for the photos. Pilot fits the same nib in different pens with different width designations. I just found a Plumix online with an <M> designation that also appears to be a stub.

All Plumix/Pluminix are stub/italic.