Post Your Best Stickman

LizEF

large.1979365542_pelikanintrouble.jpg.21

---------------------------------------------------------

We use our phones more than our pens.....

and the world is a worse place for it. - markh

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LizEF

• A Smug Dill

• Frank C

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@alexwi Well done! :thumbup:

I was going to draw that topic myself, although the pelican's predicament would be different. Given the The Pelikan's Perch article mentioned the purported short supply of raw materials, I was going to have the pelican looking at a largely dried up environment with few fish left to eat, and about to eject a brick with accompanying internal grumbling.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

16 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

I was going to draw that topic myself, although the pelican's predicament would be different. Given the The Pelikan's Perch article mentioned the purported short supply of raw materials, I was going to have the pelican looking at a largely dried up environment with few fish left to eat, and about to eject a brick with accompanying internal grumbling.

Thank you!

Now, to answer your comment, your artistic abilities, as we have all seen and enjoyed, are clearly sufficient to make a stick figure of such depth. Me? I'll "stick" to simpler forms.

/\|e><

2 minutes ago, LizEF said:

:lticaptd:Swallow hard, poor pelikan!

Now that just makes me think of a poor pelikan getting a reaming from a swallow.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

1 minute ago, A Smug Dill said:

Now that just makes me think of a poor pelikan getting a reaming from a swallow.

Poor pelikan indeed!

1 minute ago, LizEF said:

Someone mentioned "the Hoover Administration":

large.HooverAdministration.jpg.f70c75c2c05df91dba8327fb0c147f47.jpg

Nice ... can also count as one "sucky thing" from your day ... just need two more :)

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

23 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Nice ... can also count as one "sucky thing" from your day ... just need two more :)

:lol:  (But I'm going to count it as a good thing from my day, and not go looking for ills - they make themselves obvious enough without me trying to focus on them. :) )

33 minutes ago, LizEF said:

:lol:  (But I'm going to count it as a good thing from my day, and not go looking for ills - they make themselves obvious enough without me trying to focus on them. :) )

👍

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

On 6/24/2021 at 8:37 AM, LizEF said:

When I'm reading forum posts, a word or phrase will trigger a "literal" reaction in my brain...

inspired by the above quoted passage:

trigger.jpg

1 hour ago, Azkim Rikschum said:

Whoa! Your head a splode! 👏

3 hours ago, Azkim Rikschum said:

trigger.jpg

:lticaptd: Love it!

On 7/9/2021 at 4:02 AM, A Smug Dill said:

Now that just makes me think of a poor pelikan

Pelicancan.jpg

5 hours ago, Azkim Rikschum said:

trigger.jpg

Love it! Reminded my of Maxell's magazine ads from the 70's and 80's.

Alex

1 hour ago, alexwi said:

Love it! Reminded my of Maxell's magazine ads from the 70's and 80's.

Alex

I don't know which is more depressing - that I remember those, or that it took me a moment to realize I remember those... :)

image.jpeg.12126a0b08f64b1a9c056c126510fbdc.jpeg

I remember this one. It was posted outside a lecture hall. We had a professor of pathology who had this effect. 

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

On 7/8/2021 at 10:03 PM, LizEF said:

"Poor Pelikan In-deed!

Now that sounds like a title submission!! 😆

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

And from a thread today:

large.AManofLetters.jpg.b72a3d3fb343fe0fe7e59a74be4bd21c.jpg

PS: That was Robert Oster Bronze, but obviously the lighting + camera turned it into some other color. :( I made no effort to correct it.  Murky greens are disliked by every digitization process I know.  (Maruman Mnemosyne paper, Kaweco Sport, f)