Jump to content
Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Post Your Best Stickman


LizEF

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jandrew said:

Schrödinger ... thinking outside the box about what's inside the box ...

jul-1-2.jpg.f8828ca0f98eda63a66eee7f64ff8f83.jpg

Lol, that's funny... 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Frank C

    19

  • A Smug Dill

    57

  • LizEF

    108

  • alexwi

    20

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BigBlot said:

Let's see how long this one stays up

OK, it's sort of funny and sort of not funny (I mean, being mauled and eaten by lions just doesn't seem very funny).

 

21 minutes ago, BigBlot said:

But it's supposed to be a stickman, so...

 

sketch2.jpg.72d13b151742eec977bf4e7e03138841.jpg

 

:lticaptd: But this one's hilarious!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, LizEF said:

Yes! Yes! and Yes!  :D  Some people just have no sense of humor. :rolleyes:

In my case it was a bot from twitter. Artificial intelligence has a ways to go before it can get sarcasm.

 

If I ever feel the urge to waste time there, I guess I'll get a burner phone and use that to "verify" my identity, even though the account was created with my full name and picture.

 

Alex

---------------------------------------------------------

We use our phones more than our pens.....

and the world is a worse place for it. - markh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BigBlot Excellent drawings! :thumbup:

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct for valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, alexwi said:

In my case it was a bot from twitter. Artificial intelligence has a ways to go before it can get sarcasm.

:lol: My brother and I sometimes have fun citing all the evidence that folks don't have to worry about AI taking over the planet any time soon.  I'll add sarcasm to the list. ;)

 

49 minutes ago, alexwi said:

If I ever feel the urge to waste time there, I guess I'll get a burner phone and use that to "verify" my identity, even though the account was created with my full name and picture.

:) Funny how easy it is to get around such "security" features, isn't it?  Or maybe they're being sarcastic when they say "verify", and the joke's on us...  :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Sorry for the terribly bad joke. And even worse drawing.

 

... they say "verify" and the yoke's on us.

 

 

IMG_20210702_083543-sm.thumb.jpg.9c5deebd1bb7de34fbdb39fe1d2c8b99.jpg

 

but... don't you feel sometimes like this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, txomsy said:

 

Sorry for the terribly bad joke. And even worse drawing.

 

... they say "verify" and the yoke's on us.

 

 

IMG_20210702_083543-sm.thumb.jpg.9c5deebd1bb7de34fbdb39fe1d2c8b99.jpg

 

but... don't you feel sometimes like this?

:D Not how I've ever thought of it, but close enough, especially for some of the more annoying ones that make you jump through a dozen hoops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

large.281945111_Deathbypowerpoint1.jpg.28e7c0b7c37fa2e3ee3ef57d433f8cb0.jpg

 

Death by powerpoint

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct for valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, A Smug Dill said:

large.281945111_Deathbypowerpoint1.jpg.28e7c0b7c37fa2e3ee3ef57d433f8cb0.jpg

 

Death by powerpoint

:lticaptd:(But his outlets are all messed up.  Should probably call an electrician. ;) :P )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only after I finished drawing did it occur to me that it might work better if I removed the obligatory stickman:

 

698833552_Deathbypowerpoint1.1.jpg.f940f455c28be5e7eb2a0c89b3ce0d99.jpg

 

4 minutes ago, LizEF said:

But his outlets are all messed up.

 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Australian+double+general+power+outlet&tbm=isch

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct for valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

Only after I finished drawing did it occur to me that it might work better if I removed the obligatory stickman:

 

698833552_Deathbypowerpoint1.1.jpg.f940f455c28be5e7eb2a0c89b3ce0d99.jpg

Drawing works both ways. :)

 

As for the outlets - I was intentionally (and jokingly) being an obnoxious American. :)  I'm well aware of various outlet configurations around the world.  When I returned from Moscow - where we used step-down converters to convert the 220 outlets down to 110 for our American electronics that we brought with us - I purchased a step-up converter so I could use my 220 electronics that I bought there in the 110 outlets here. :rolleyes: I think I still have a handful of adapters, in some box somewhere, for the plug ends - the electronics themselves have long since gone to the dump.  My wafflemaker (aka wafflenitsa or уаффэльница, as we called it in Russia) is the only electronic that has survived all that time - go wafflemaker!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, LizEF said:

уаффэльница

So, we made up this word by adding nitsa to waffle, but it turns out there's actually a Russian word for "waffle iron" and it's exactly what we made up, just spelled and pronounced a little differently: вафельница (vafel'nitsa).  Go figure!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LizEF said:

Drawing works both ways. :)

 

As for the outlets - I was intentionally (and jokingly) being an obnoxious American. :)  I'm well aware of various outlet configurations around the world.  When I returned from Moscow - where we used step-down converters to convert the 220 outlets down to 110 for our American electronics that we brought with us - I purchased a step-up converter so I could use my 220 electronics that I bought there in the 110 outlets here. :rolleyes: I think I still have a handful of adapters, in some box somewhere, for the plug ends - the electronics themselves have long since gone to the dump.  My wafflemaker (aka wafflenitsa or уаффэльница, as we called it in Russia) is the only electronic that has survived all that time - go wafflemaker!

That's made me laugh out loud! I still have a couple of appliances that we bought when we lived in Moscow in the mid-90s and they're still going strong - despite having done a couple of years in the Caribbean, then a stint in the Middle East and 20 odd years between the Caribbean and UK since.  One of them is my wafflemaker...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

large.1292491299_pencase.jpg.896386da776

---------------------------------------------------------

We use our phones more than our pens.....

and the world is a worse place for it. - markh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mizgeorge said:

That's made me laugh out loud! I still have a couple of appliances that we bought when we lived in Moscow in the mid-90s and they're still going strong - despite having done a couple of years in the Caribbean, then a stint in the Middle East and 20 odd years between the Caribbean and UK since.  One of them is my wafflemaker...

:lticaptd: Apparently, the вафельница is one durable appliance! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, alexwi said:

large.1292491299_pencase.jpg.896386da776

:lticaptd:If you haven't already put this in the corresponding thread, you definitely need to! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, alexwi said:

large.1292491299_pencase.jpg.896386da776

Brilliant!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, alexwi said:

large.1292491299_pencase.jpg.896386da776

Going with the theme ...

ju2-rr.jpg.65d13f91bfceaa9f782a9dda5c59d24f.jpg

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

 ~ Schrödinger's wife

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Going with the theme ...

ju2-rr.jpg.65d13f91bfceaa9f782a9dda5c59d24f.jpg

Hahahahahah!!!

 

Alex

---------------------------------------------------------

We use our phones more than our pens.....

and the world is a worse place for it. - markh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Most Contributions

    1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
      37808
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
      30911
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
      28220
    4. jar
      jar
      26101
    5. wimg
      wimg
      25595
  • Upcoming Events

  • Blog Comments

    • Matthew TWP
      @Ruaidhri This was an absolutely wonderful bit of writing, and I hope that you're able to maintain the style once all of the medications are out of your system.  Take care and recover quickly!
    • Dr.X
      Very punny daniel
    • danielfalgerho
      These comments make me sad as I sympathise with Ruaidhri, having great difficulties in being taken seriously. Or being taken at all (no off-colors jokes, please!) In spite of overwhelming odds,  Ruaidhri -now I know how to spell it- made a courageous decision and stuck to it. I was diagnosed with a similar growth in a place I will not reveal. Oh, well, if you insist it was Mount Sinai Hospital. But I firmly intend to walk in Ruaidhri's footsteps, if he will let me, on my next visit to Dublin.
    • ParramattaPaul
      Reminds me of the day my associates and I developed a cure for all mankind's ills and mistakenly wrote it down with invisible ink.
    • AnneD
      Was that the end of the Laboratory? Somehow the exactitude created a fully destructive device, as always!
  • Chatbox

    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Expiring Soon

    • By benbot517
      51 years and 11 months
    • By benbot517
      51 years and 11 months
    • By benbot517
      51 years and 11 months
    • By Okami
      51 years and 11 months
    • By Okami
      51 years and 11 months
  • Random Adverts

  • Files

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. ace5968
      ace5968
      (32 years old)
    2. arya
      arya
      (41 years old)
    3. azrunner
      azrunner
      (62 years old)
    4. cavey
      cavey
      (44 years old)
    5. Ccdjr106
      Ccdjr106
      (25 years old)





×
×
  • Create New...