Post Your Best Stickman

LizEF

1 hour ago, LizEF said:

And from a thread today:

large.AManofLetters.jpg.b72a3d3fb343fe0fe7e59a74be4bd21c.jpg

PS: That was Robert Oster Bronze, but obviously the lighting + camera turned it into some other color. :( I made no effort to correct it.  Murky greens are disliked by every digitization process I know.  (Maruman Mnemosyne paper, Kaweco Sport, f)

Hah, That's awesome!

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LizEF

• A Smug Dill

• Frank C

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

large.2010544042_Crackedandleaking146nibhousing.jpg.762779919c1ab3a7b9f978b6846a7916.jpg

Cracked and leaking 146 nib housing

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

1 hour ago, A Smug Dill said:

large.2010544042_Crackedandleaking146nibhousing.jpg.762779919c1ab3a7b9f978b6846a7916.jpg

:lol: :thumbup: Wow!  You outdid yourself!

5 hours ago, LizEF said:

:lol: :thumbup: Wow!  You outdid yourself!

Thank you; and thank you very much also for starting this thread, it made me start drawing (poorly) even when orders of drawing instruction books yesteryear totalling >$200 did not so much as compel me to open them and read them, let alone picking up a pen to draw anything!

My wife thanks you too; she thinks it's great I'm doing anything voluntarily (other than buying pens and inks, and trawling online forums).

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

16 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

Thank you; and thank you very much also for starting this thread, it made me start drawing (poorly) even when orders of drawing instruction books yesteryear totalling >$200 did not so much as compel me to open them and read them, let alone picking up a pen to draw anything!

My wife thanks you too; she thinks it's great I'm doing anything voluntarily (other than buying pens and inks, and trawling online forums).

:D You're very welcome!  I haven't done so many of these the past couple of years, and I missed it, so I'm glad it's helped both of us (and others) use a bit of creativity.

Just now, A Smug Dill said:

My wife thanks you too; she thinks it's great I'm doing anything voluntarily

inspired by the above quoted passage:

wife.jpg

16 hours ago, Azkim Rikschum said:

inspired by the above quoted passage:

:lticaptd:

large.1934129973_DefenceAgainstTheDarkArts101quiz.jpg.2196bcda77d606b1570ac786fbb6868c.jpg

(In case anyone is a bit mystified, this was inspired by, “Daily Todolists/Planners are the real evil”, and others' recent outpour of emotion in, “Lamy 2000 2021 edition?”)

Edited by A Smug Dill
Fixed inline image after editing its metadata broke the original URL

🙌btw great portrait of the "orange man"...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Every time I see a notification that there is something new in this topic, I start smiling. I know that there is going to be something creative, thought-provoking, clever, and fun coming when I click on the link. I need to make my own contribution, someday. 

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

7 hours ago, Azkim Rikschum said:

Fountain Pen:

foutain-pen.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I always found the combination of "fountain" and "pen" to be strange. 

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

13 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

My favorite part of this one is the "family photo" on the wall. Hilarious!

3 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

:lticaptd:

I know the right answer, but...

...I pick all of them, together.

Well, that proves you can't embed IG posts in a forum message (not that I thought you could).

1 minute ago, LizEF said:

Well, that proves you can't embed IG posts in a forum message (not that I thought you could).

These days Instagram will demand that you're logged in, anyway, when you try to retrieve a resource from its servers.

1 minute ago, A Smug Dill said:

These days Instagram will demand that you're logged in, anyway, when you try to retrieve a resource from its servers.

Yeah, I didn't think it would work - was testing prior to answering another person in another thread, and didn't want to make a new thread just for testing.  Personally, I don't know why you'd want to - I suppose they want to avoid uploading the images to multiple places...