Hero 565: Questions

k3eax

Here are questions for members who are familiar with this pen: Are replacement nibs available and from what source? And, are they the same as used in any others of Hero's line of Parker-like pens? Also, i would like to hear from a member who has had been successful in removing the section to gain access to the accumulator as the hot water   emersion seems not to work.

Al in Philadelphia  

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Just J

• OCArt

• Mech-for-i

• k3eax

The 565 uses the 21.5x3.5 tubular nib , not the 19.5x3.3 as on vintage 616, nor the now defacto 18.5x3.3 as on almost all others. 

The same nib is used on Hero's 329/33X range and the C/C version of the 565 aka A0503

It can be sourced in its home market quite easily, not sure about online retail but ask around , many online retailers stocking parts might had them but just not listed.

• 1 year later...

For those who may be interested. The nibs used in the 565 and the 329 are not the same. They are the same length but not exactly the same diameter. I personally have a hard time finding replacement nibs for my Hero 565. 
Hero has already done a great job by replacing the old filling system with a cartridge convector in the new versions of this pen. It would be fabulous if they offered a wider range of nib sizes.

• 3 weeks later...

Where might one order a Medium nib for the new C/C 565's?  

Also, is the older, 'vac-filler' 565 being referred to as the 'Classic', or is that something else? 

Please explain differences, if possible. Mucho Thanx! 

Ever notice that all the instruments looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? 

~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~

If I said I'll fix it, I will. There's no need to remind me every six months. 

~ 

AFAIK , Hero do not made distinction between the old and the new 565 , and No there is no M nib for the 565 , they were and are always fashioned with a single nib grind , F

Inkquiring Minds recently posted a review of this pen, it's been updated with a removal cartridge converter instead of the "aeromatic" filler.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

That very video popped into my reviews previews stream & is what keyed my questions just above. 

I already have 2 565's, as it were, ordered about 18 months ago, and wanting to try this C/C [upgrade] version, wanted to ensure I was ordering the correct one. Doug ('Inkquirer') had said his was a Medium nib, hence the other part of my question. It might've been that he'd said it was based on the line width his laid down....I didn't have time to re-watch for the details, but I'd sure prefer that to the 'F' & 'XF's I got with the older units. 

I've also become interested in the Jinhao 80, aka L2K Killer. If you know Doug, you'll know what I'm talking about.  Apparently the L2K's nibs will fit right on the 80, & I've got a full set. Can't use the L2K with my new superpower: neuropathy. It squirts upwards right out of my grip. Bummerz. ~B[   

And that sparked my interest in the bigass Ranga!  Ain't Mother Nature wonderful? 

🎼🎶"Let the circle, be unbroken..." 🎵

Ever notice that all the instruments looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? 

~ 

1 hour ago, Just J said:

I've also become interested in the Jinhao 80, aka L2K Killer. If you know Doug, you'll know what I'm talking about.  Apparently the L2K's nibs will fit right on the 80

No, not the Lamy 2000 nibs, but the nibs for the Safari/allstar do fit.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

*Facepalm* That was my frainbart of the week.  

~