Dennis Prager finally discusses fountain pens!

Eoghan2009

In episode 189 of his fireside chats he at last talked FPs.  After listening to him for five years or so he has finally talked pens.  Did I miss any earlier discussions?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DvdRiet

• maclink

• Bristol24

• FarmBoy

I don't listen to him but do read his writings quite often but have never heard or read mention of fountain pens.  None the less intellectual honesty, common sense, and boldness do harken back to the days when fountain pens we're in universal use so it stands to reason that he might have an appreciation for the fountain pen and bottle of ink.  On a side note, it's good to know someone in Scotland has those attributes as well.

Cliff

“The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.”  John Adams

Is this the same guy that pretends to run a "university" while at the same time calling any education worthless? Or is there a different Prager.

• 4 months later...
On 6/23/2021 at 11:00 PM, rdxdave said:

Is this the same guy that pretends to run a "university" while at the same time calling any education worthless? Or is there a different Prager.

That is a malicious distortion of his statements.  

34 minutes ago, AndyMKE said:

That is a malicious distortion of his statements.  

Did this person really just join a fountain pen forum to make this statement defending a 'public figure' from a post that's over 4 months old and only very marginally related to fountain pens??

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

Currently attempting to collect the history of Diplomat pens.

He showed his pens and identified them by country of origin only.  Could anyone identify his third and favourite pen or any of the others?  I could only really identify the second, i.e.,  a Cross Peerless.  The first one looked like an ST DuPont.  

The relevant part of the video may be watched here:

https://youtu.be/kx57FQEwU68?t=780

4 hours ago, DvdRiet said:

Did this person really just join a fountain pen forum to make this statement defending a 'public figure' from a post that's over 4 months old and only very marginally related to fountain pens??

I guess anything is possible.  Could have just been a coincidence of timing too.  

25 minutes ago, maclink said:

Could have just been a coincidence of timing too.

Doubtful. One single post after joining and it's this one?? I could be wrong, but it's more likely a troll bot, often used by certain celebrities such as Ju***** Bi**** et al to scour the internet and intimidate anyone who says anything negative about them. 

Co-founded the Netherlands Pen Club. DM me if you would like to know about our meetups and join our Discord!

Hah!

Well, I don't know who you mean, DvdRiet, but I tend to NOT be intimidated -- especially by people who hide behind bots doing the work for them....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

10 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

Hah!

Well, I don't know who you mean, DvdRiet, but I tend to NOT be intimidated -- especially by people who hide behind bots doing the work for them....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Haha, yeah, it's most often aimed at teenagers and other impressionables, not for 'Ancient Artifacts' and olds like myself... lol... but some do launch them to search out criticism anywhere if they feel under attack. There are public personas who literally employ armies of the things...

And some just have really rabid fans, too, of course

• 1 year later...
On 6/23/2021 at 9:00 PM, rdxdave said:

I performed a search for this topic and ended up here. I then saw this post and created an account to point out that you are, indeed, misrepresenting Dennis Prager. He always makes the point that his organization, Prager University, isn't an accredited university so he's not "pretending" to be anything other than an organization putting out educational videos. You might as well get upset at McDonalds for calling their training facility a university. 

I don't think you understand his point about modern American education. I won't explain it here, but am I to assume that you have no criticisms of the modern educational system? 

Anyway, I'll watch his video on the subject. Thanks. 

I’m skipping the video like I should have done with this thread. 

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

11 hours ago, Juan Savage said:

I performed a search for this topic and ended up here. I then saw this post and created an account to point out that you are, indeed, misrepresenting Dennis Prager. He always makes the point that his organization, Prager University, isn't an accredited university so he's not "pretending" to be anything other than an organization putting out educational videos. You might as well get upset at McDonalds for calling their training facility a university. 

I don't think you understand his point about modern American education. I won't explain it here, but am I to assume that you have no criticisms of the modern educational system? 

Anyway, I'll watch his video on the subject. Thanks. 

To be mischaraterized is part of being a public person.  It goes with the territory.  The fact that a well known public person, enjoys and collects fountain pens is of interest to some of our members.  I found it interesting enough to comment on the fact back on June 23, 2021.  It is unfortunate and an embarrassment that, over a year ago, one of our members chose to take the thread off course by making a dig, but such is life.  To join this forum, not out of any interest in fountain pens, but merely to inject yourself into our midst for this singular purpose is disrespectful, rude and actually serves to damage the person you seek to defend, making him appear to be a thin skinned whimp.  Was that your purpose?  If so, you succeeded.  If not, you owe  your man an apology.  Please do not respond.  I believe you have the ability to delete your post within 24 hours.  You may want to consider that.  Or, you can ask a moderator to do it for you 

Cliff

Edited by Bristol24
Moderate the tone

“The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.”  John Adams

Thanks for the video. That was fun! I couldn't tell his favorite pen though! The b-roll cut-in was the porsche design one and not the "swiss" pen.