EFNIR: Papier Plume Oyster Grey

LizEF

Extra Fine Nib Ink Review: Papier Plume Oyster Grey

This is review #106 in my series.  Here's the YouTube video:

Post-recording notes: The zoom image has pretty good color reproduction.  The rest are all iffy.  Cleaning was quick and easy with plain water.

And here is a screen of the final result, for those not interested in the video:
large.PapierPlumeOysterGrey.jpg.027020da6bdf1bb98ec848034677f212.jpg

Scan of Completed Review:
large.PapierPlumeOysterGreyS.jpg.3cbdbb1b374714869b7b3ab5a9fa75f4.jpg

Zoomed in photo:
large.PapierPlumeOysterGreyZ.jpg.9f0a407259a5673686a15cca67f7505c.jpg

Absorbent Paper Closeup (top is puzzle paper like thick newsprint, bottom is old 20lb copy paper):
large.PapierPlumeOysterGreyAP.jpg.278bbf38397df5a53f2d68c1638cc4aa.jpg

Images also available on Instagram: @zilxodarap

Previous Review: De Atramentis Document Urban Grey.

Want to influence the inky sequence?  Take the "next ink" poll.

Hope you enjoy.  Comments appreciated!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LizEF

• yazeh

• Sailor Kenshin

• mizgeorge

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you Liz - excellent review as always :)

I love this ink - actually I've yet to meet a Papier Plume ink I didn't love, so extra thanks for giving it a moment in the spotlight. 

4 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

Thank you Liz - excellent review as always :)

I love this ink - actually I've yet to meet a Papier Plume ink I didn't love, so extra thanks for giving it a moment in the spotlight. 

You're very welcome!  And thank you.  This is the first Papier Plume ink I've used, and the only one currently in my possession.  I'm sure eventually I'll get to others, but it could be a long time (since I've currently got enough inks to do reviews until September of next year).

Great job, Liz as usual 👍

It's funny how this and the De Atramentis look similar with EF nib. Though this one leaves me, grey/ grey ;) must be the day....

I thought Marsell was captured by the other wizards... did he slip away? 

Does this grey/gray have a slight green cast in the Bad Paper Pics?

Seems to be an overall nice color with good behavior.  Thanks for the review!

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

1 hour ago, yazeh said:

Great job, Liz as usual 👍

Thank you!

1 hour ago, yazeh said:

It's funny how this and the De Atramentis look similar with EF nib. Though this one leaves me, grey/ grey ;) must be the day....

This is an unfortunate side effect of photographing the EF lines - the camera just won't pick up differences.  I can see the difference very clearly with my eyes - DAD Urban Grey is very warm compared to PP Oyster Grey, which is very clearly bluish.

1 hour ago, yazeh said:

I thought Marsell was captured by the other wizards... did he slip away?

Yes, back in review 84, Pilot Mixable Colour Pink, Marsell used magic to escape immediately after he was captured, before they even left the big sphinx - this was one of Primus' motives for kicking Quintus out.  In 89, Colorverse Extra Dimension, Quin announced his intent to use a magic portal to travel to Bicbiro. In 91, Organics Studio Walt Whitman Leaves of Grass Dark Green, Quin informed Makhabesh of his intent to track down and re-capture Marsell.

40 minutes ago, Sailor Kenshin said:

Does this grey/gray have a slight green cast in the Bad Paper Pics?

Yes, and even in real life, there are times when the bluish cast seems to have a slight greenish tint, but when I cleaned, I only saw blue in the water, not green.  I should probably do a chromatography strip or something...

41 minutes ago, Sailor Kenshin said:

Seems to be an overall nice color with good behavior.  Thanks for the review!

Yes, I quite like the color, and it behaved itself well.  You're very welcome! :)

53 minutes ago, LizEF said:

Thank you!

This is an unfortunate side effect of photographing the EF lines - the camera just won't pick up differences.  I can see the difference very clearly with my eyes - DAD Urban Grey is very warm compared to PP Oyster Grey, which is very clearly bluish.

Thanks!

Yes, back in review 84, Pilot Mixable Colour Pink, Marsell used magic to escape immediately after he was captured, before they even left the big sphinx - this was one of Primus' motives for kicking Quintus out.  In 89, Colorverse Extra Dimension, Quin announced his intent to use a magic portal to travel to Bicbiro. In 91, Organics Studio Walt Whitman Leaves of Grass Dark Green, Quin informed Makhabesh of his intent to track down and re-capture Marsell.

I see you're well on top of everything... ;)

1303823700_ScreenShot2021-06-08at2_26_01PM.jpg.2c8c3920e92f839dad7f05a29c2dfcb8.jpg

1 hour ago, yazeh said:

Thanks!

I see you're well on top of everything... ;)

1303823700_ScreenShot2021-06-08at2_26_01PM.jpg.2c8c3920e92f839dad7f05a29c2dfcb8.jpg

:lol::D

Once I realized this whole Quin and Makhabesh thing was turning into an ongoing story, I made a text file with each episode so that I could write several (future) episodes at a time, and look up what happened previously (should I forget).  And I note the review I use the episode in, so it's pretty easy for me to go back and find exactly what happened where.

15 hours ago, LizEF said:

:lol::D

... I made a text file with each episode so that I could write several (future) episodes at a time, and look up what happened previously (should I forget)....

Great, simply great!

While previously I didn't focus too much on the content of your text - from now on, I'm looking forward to action, drama, and complicated riddles!

Please, bring the story to us!

Greetings from your highly entertained auditory :)

One life!

4 hours ago, InesF said:

Great, simply great!

While previously I didn't focus too much on the content of your text - from now on, I'm looking forward to action, drama, and complicated riddles!

Please, bring the story to us!

Greetings from your highly entertained auditory :)

:D  I'm afraid I'm no good with riddles, so they'll just have to be hinted at in the story line, but I've taken the hint and added an article to my website: The Adventures of Quin and Makhabesh - which I'll have to update each time I post.

Thanks for the review. Looks like a nice grey. I love greys that wander away from the neutral path, so I’m sure a bluish-grey will be to my liking. I actually got a small bottle of this when I ordered Iron Lace from the New Orleans series, but haven’t gotten around to using it yet. I’m going to give it a try soon.

5 hours ago, namrehsnoom said:

Thanks for the review. Looks like a nice grey. I love greys that wander away from the neutral path, so I’m sure a bluish-grey will be to my liking. I actually got a small bottle of this when I ordered Iron Lace from the New Orleans series, but haven’t gotten around to using it yet. I’m going to give it a try soon.

Hope you enjoy it!  I would guess that it would make interesting colors in inky-art, but I haven't done the chromatography to test that theory.

• 8 months later...

Here's the line width measurement. The line is one of those used for dry time.  Magnification is 100x.  The grid is 100x100µm.  The scale is 330µm, with eleven divisions of 30µm each.  The line width for this ink is roughly 315µm.

large.PapierPlumeOysterGreyLW.jpg.6ba70f3ae48233b005f2d7aca4f9c3b3.jpg