Lanbitou 3088 capless pen

Last week I got a 烂笔头3088 pen, Which is capless.Looks like a platinum curdias

I shot an photo comparing it with the pilot capless.

IMG_20210530_105229.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IJKWS

• Gloucesterman

• Aysedasi

• mightyknight

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's not as good as the pilot capless maybe curdias.

But it's quite affordable,I got it at a price of RMB28.8(less than 5 USD)because  there is a special discount for a new product

D*mn d*ng nabbit :lticaptd:that amazing new opaque barrel color is so unique and original! <looks at 2 sorry looking Platinum Curidas demonstrators>  Now I know where I can get spare parts 😊

19 hours ago, peroride said:

D*mn d*ng nabbit :lticaptd:that amazing new opaque barrel color is so unique and original! <looks at 2 sorry looking Platinum Curidas demonstrators>  Now I know where I can get spare parts 😊

The parts of lanbitou can't be a spare parts of curdias pen,some of them are in different size.

• 2 weeks later...

I have zero interest in the Curidas due to the cost and design.  Never got the urge to part with coins for a pen I may only fill a time or two until the new toy feeling wore off.  To see a cheaper clone that takes an international type converter, that could be worth my while to check it out.

1 hour ago, bugsydog55 said:

To see a cheaper clone that takes an international type converter,

It's a Chinese-made pen for a Chinese brand, so in all likelihood it won't be using an ‘international standard’ converter (or cartridges) which has little currency in the pen's primary market.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Only comes in these two nibs sizes:  0.3 (EF) and 0.4, which they call Med. Fine.  

To me 0.4 is not a medium fine, but an EF+.  0.5 is a med. fine.  I'm giving thought

to purchasing one to check it out, even though I do not normally use fine nibs.

I cannot imagine that this is a higher quality plastic, not for the price.  Converting

from Chinese Yuan to USA - 28.80 Chinese Yuan = $4.48 (effective 6/16/21)

On 2021/6/14 at AM11点45分, A Smug Dill said:

它是中国品牌的中国制造钢笔,因此很可能不会使用“国际标准”转换器(或墨盒),这种转换器(或墨盒)在钢笔的主要市场上几乎没有流通。

3.4mm converter same as parker.

Saw this on aliexpress now, $25 shipped ($19 pen + $6shipping). Not a bad price if the pen doesn't fall apart. Not $5, like stated above, but I can always part with $25 if the pen turns out to be decent. At least with the "lamy" nib, I can put a stub nib on it or bobby's architect or one of those cursive italic nibs.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002803711131.html

Actually the seal around the nib is not quite good. Put it aside for 12+ hours and it becomes too dry to write. Not recommended if you are not gonna frequently write things.

However after comparing the price with Platinum's Curidas, I'd say it's a good stuff to get a feeling of such kind of "capless" pens. 

6 hours ago, mightyknight said:

Actually the seal around the nib is not quite good. Put it aside for 12+ hours and it becomes too dry to write. Not recommended if you are not gonna frequently write things.

However after comparing the price with Platinum's Curidas, I'd say it's a good stuff to get a feeling of such kind of "capless" pens. 

Yes, You are right.

10 hours ago, mightyknight said:

That's how it is with the chinese knockoffs. It is like that with the Lamy Dialog 3 and pilot vanishing point clones. They function in basic terms, but they didn't put effort into sealing the pens since it's harder to do that than straight stealing the pen design. At this point, I'm not sure why foreign companies use Chinese manufacturers. Platinum put in a lot of work to design the curidas and in 6 months after release, the design is stolen and sold. Though I do buy chinese pens due to low cost >.> I'm part of the problem I know. I'm slowly weening myself off

On 6/22/2021 at 6:35 AM, LiquidInk said:

That's how it is with the chinese knockoffs. It is like that with the Lamy Dialog 3 and pilot vanishing point clones. They function in basic terms, but they didn't put effort into sealing the pens since it's harder to do that than straight stealing the pen design. At this point, I'm not sure why foreign companies use Chinese manufacturers. Platinum put in a lot of work to design the curidas and in 6 months after release, the design is stolen and sold. Though I do buy chinese pens due to low cost >.> I'm part of the problem I know. I'm slowly weening myself off

Nice question but things may be more complicated. Chinese fountain pen users basically have same questions as you do. 

For years, it is a fact that most people are willing to pay only a little money on pens for their daily use. Such situation makes pen manufacturers less motivated and founded to work on new designs. In China, you can buy a good and durable fountain pen for less than $5, and a bottle of ink for about 60 cents. It's true that there are more expensive and qualified pens, but those cheap ones play a role as a reference, discouraging people from buying "better" pens. It's a vicious cycle.

However, Chinese are having more money and we fountain pen lovers are more willing to spend money for original design and domestic products. Several new brands have been founded these years, providing some creative and interesting pen designs. Although there still are manufacturers making clone pens, things are changing now.

Btw Lanbitou actually got a patent for this Curidas clone. Thus, although it's cheap enough for almost everyone (including you and me) to have a try on such ball-pen like design, people on Chinese pen forum are criticizing this anyway.

• 6 months later...

I really want to buy it. I could not buy platinum curidas due to its high cost but now maybe I can buy something cheaper can somebody share the link where I can buy it safely 

2 hours ago, Ravi Kant Raja said:

I really want to buy it. I could not buy platinum curidas due to its high cost but now maybe I can buy something cheaper can somebody share the link where I can buy it safely 

I would urge you strongly to resist your temptation to buy this pen.

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2022 at 10:24 AM, Aysedasi said:

I would urge you strongly to resist your temptation to buy this pen.

+1

Also,

I won an auction on the Bay with a bid of ONE CENT. It was overpriced!

Definitely my worst pen purchase in a Very Long Time and the only one that I was glad to through away. YMMV, and then again, it might not!

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”