Sakae Technical Paper products 30%-off from Milligram

A Smug Dill

I just thought I'd share the ‘opportunity’ with others who'd want to squeeze the last bit out of the changing landscape.

Milligram in Australia is having a 30%-off sale for selected products, including several Sakae Technical Paper Tomoe River FP (paper pad, and 50- and 100-sheet packs of loose sheets) products. I didn't see any low stock warnings for any (white or cream, 52gsm or 68gsm, A4 or A5, etc.) product variant when I looked just now. (Yes, I think these are all made from the ‘old’ paper produced by Tomoegawa's paper milling machine no.7.)

The ‘Friends For Life’ discount supposedly do not apply to these sale products, but in fact it does in the checkout process. I was prompted by an email from Milligram yesterday (with the subject "$40 gift from us to you - that's what friends are for!”) advising inconsistently that “we're changing our loyalty program” and “We've changed our loyalty program”. (It looks like the change has been implemented, and “For Life” and ”Forever” no longer mean what the average person would think the marketing expressions mean.) The voucher code can be applied to further bring down the total value of the order. Free shipping applies if the discounted total value of an order (i.e. payment due in real money) exceeds the relevant threshold.

Given that Kobe INK Story has been taken off Milligram's catalogue, Robert Oster inks in selected colours are seldom individually discounted any more, and the shop's prices of Pilot Iroshizuku inks have gone up significantly all in the last year or so, there just isn't a whole lot to buy from Milligram at some cost-saving (compared to ordering from Amazon AU or overseas retailers) any more. Most of the heavily discounted clearance products are now shifted over to Milligram Outlet by default, where the loyalty programme discounts and free shipping offer do not apply. So, as much as I'm not a fan of Tomoe River FP paper, to take advantage of dying loyalty benefits before they are extinguished, I foolishly bought a few packs with no clear application in mind, and will probably end up giving away to kiddies on which to draw.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• Jamerelbe

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi @A Smug Dill, thanks for the heads up - I'm on the Milligram website now.  A bit disgruntled that they didn't offer me a $40 gift too - I've been buying from them since they were a tiny online entity called Notemaker! - but I hadn't re-registered with their new website, which may explain it.  Milligram Outlet has some spectacular deals from time to time, and their Melbourne store was great when I visited in 2019 - but I agree, their main website doesn't offer that many cost savings any more.  

36 minutes ago, Jamerelbe said:

Milligram Outlet has some spectacular deals from time to time,

Right now the only ink in the main Milligram online shop that is offered at a significant discount is Herbin Cacao du Brésil — at the same price as listed in Milligram Outlet, but with the added advantages of ‘Friends For Life’ (or equivalent) discount and free shipping for the entire order if the total payment due exceeds $59. I haven't seen any Pilot or Robert Oster ink offered at a discount in the main Milligram online shop in many months now; and the Jacques Herbin inks that were offered on clearance in Milligram Outlet was taken off the main online shop.

I did score this from Milligram Outlet recently:

$5 for a 50ml bottle of Robert Oster ink is a stellar offer I've never seen in the main Milligram online shop.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

6 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

Right now the only ink in the main Milligram online shop that is offered at a significant discount is Herbin Cacao du Brésil — at the same price as listed in Milligram Outlet, but with the added advantages of ‘Friends For Life’ (or equivalent) discount and free shipping for the entire order if the total payment due exceeds $59. I haven't seen any Pilot or Robert Oster ink offered at a discount in the main Milligram online shop in many months now; and the Jacques Herbin inks that were offered on clearance in Milligram Outlet was taken off the main online shop.

I did score this from Milligram Outlet recently:

$5 for a 50ml bottle of Robert Oster ink is a stellar offer I've never seen in the main Milligram online shop.

I picked up 3 Jacques Herbin inks from the Outlet store a few weeks ago, plus the Cacao du Bresil - that was quite a good buy.  Missed seeing the Robert Oster inks though!  The Sunset Yellow is still available... but not really on my wish list.

13 hours ago, Jamerelbe said:

The Sunset Yellow is still available...

Not any more, when I went to look just now. (I'd bookmarked a specific search query for that site, haha!)