Another Pen and Ink - New to You PIF

amberleadavis

2 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

Sorry this has taken so long. For those of you who don't know, I was very sick with stage iv colon cancer this last year, but I have great news -the oncologist has declared I'm cancer free!  I will still be sending out packages to all of you as indicated, and you are still getting exciting stuff.  @DromgoolesHoustonsent me some stuff to share.  I may not be shipping until week after next, but please forgive the delay.  If I still have energy, I will get packages made up today for shipping tomorrow.  I'm trying to keep the shipping cost under $6.

Edited 3 minutes ago by amberleadavis (see edit history)

That's magnificent news on all counts! So glad to hear of the clean bill of health. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• goodpens

• essayfaire

• IThinkIHaveAProblem

Also, one you of you will be getting a CRV request.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

@amberleadavis

I'm glad you're doing better! That is great news! 

You are the driving force in mine and, I'm sure, many people's ink addictions! :D

oh, btw, re crayons melting in vegas, (I always get a laugh when I read your signature block): having spent a week or so there in Aug 2018, I don't doubt that for a minute! :)

Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.

17 minutes ago, IThinkIHaveAProblem said:

@amberleadavis

I'm glad you're doing better! That is great news! 

You are the driving force in mine and, I'm sure, many people's ink addictions! :D

oh, btw, re crayons melting in vegas, (I always get a laugh when I read your signature block): having spent a week or so there in Aug 2018, I don't doubt that for a minute! :)

This weekend we had the Las Vegas version of being snowed in  ... it was too hot to get LIFT.  

https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/tourism/record-breaking-heat-causing-delays-at-las-vegas-mccarran-airport-2396721/

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

HOORAY ON THE CANCER DIAGNOSIS!!!!!!! I've been praying for you. 

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

2 minutes ago, amberleadavis said:

This weekend we had the Las Vegas version of being snowed in ...  

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/arriving-flights-delayed-at-mccarran-but-no-specific-causes-cited/

Yep - I was there for a short time.  Had several appointments, including Mr. Hill.  I drove in Thursday night and high tailed it out of Vegas on Friday afternoon.  It was crushingly hot!  When I arrived in Reno 8 hours later, it was only 95 at 9:00p.m.  Today it was only 105 here.  

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Sorry I didn't get to meet you, but I hope we can meet up in the future.  AND 105 in Reno is dang hot.

Just now, amberleadavis said:

Sorry I didn't get to meet you, but I hope we can meet up in the future.  AND 105 in Reno is dang hot.

I am sure that we will sometime in the not too distant future.  I seem to be going through Vegas more now than I have in the past.  I might be back through there sometime in the next month or so.  I will email you when I firm up the schedule. 

1 hour ago, amberleadavis said:

This weekend we had the Las Vegas version of being snowed in  ... it was too hot to get LIFT.  

https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/tourism/record-breaking-heat-causing-delays-at-las-vegas-mccarran-airport-2396721/

... 'dats nuts... :P 

well, all the better excuse to stay inside with the A/C and play with fountain pens and ink :D 

Agree with all of the above :) Nice that you're back and your doc said 'go away, no need to bother me anymore' ;)

Thank you, @amberleadavis and@DromgoolesHouston!

The assortment of brown inks is perfect!

I will try out all the goodies soon and post reviews. (I need to find a convertor or cartridge for the Parker; I think I gave away my Parker cartridges in a PIF once upon a time.)

On 7/11/2021 at 8:39 PM, amberleadavis said:

Also, one you of you will be getting a CRV request.

Got it! I have a few pens already inked that should be perfect for the CRVs. 

Also, what is the name of the pen? I can’t find anything about it—the black and red F nib plastic Parker, seemingly a “school pen”? I’m looking forward to using it. 

On 7/13/2021 at 7:06 AM, Daneaxe said:

Agree with all of the above :) Nice that you're back and your doc said 'go away, no need to bother me anymore' ;)

Amen to that!  🎊

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

On 5/27/2021 at 8:03 PM, brokenclay said:

I'd love to try some Colorverse inks. I had a sample of Quasar that I thought was amazing, but was put off buying a whole bottle due to the cost. I lived in Korea for a couple of years when I was young, so am interested in Colorverse as a Korean company, and I work in aerospace (satellites, not planes) so love the idea of the astronomy themed color names.

Thank you, @amberleadavis, for the Colorverse NASA Blue ink! My review: 

On 7/11/2021 at 9:01 PM, DrDebG said:

HOORAY ON THE CANCER DIAGNOSIS!!!!!!! I've been praying for you. 

Thank you!  I believe the prayers, happy thoughts and letters made a difference!

On 7/11/2021 at 10:26 PM, IThinkIHaveAProblem said:

... 'dats nuts... :P 

well, all the better excuse to stay inside with the A/C and play with fountain pens and ink :D 

Good idea!  I sent over a thousand handwritten cards to people in nursing homes while I was convalescing. Playing with my pens and ink made me feel much better.

On 7/13/2021 at 1:32 AM, mitto said:

Happy for the clean chit on account of your heath. 

Stay safe and blessed. 

Thank you!

On 7/13/2021 at 4:06 AM, Daneaxe said:

Thank you!

On 7/15/2021 at 5:39 PM, goodpens said:

Thank you, @amberleadavis and@DromgoolesHouston!

The assortment of brown inks is perfect!

I will try out all the goodies soon and post reviews. (I need to find a convertor or cartridge for the Parker; I think I gave away my Parker cartridges in a PIF once upon a time.)

I tried to match up inks based on what people said that they liked.

On 7/15/2021 at 10:09 PM, goodpens said:

Got it! I have a few pens already inked that should be perfect for the CRVs. 

Also, what is the name of the pen? I can’t find anything about it—the black and red F nib plastic Parker, seemingly a “school pen”? I’m looking forward to using it. 

I don't remember.

On 7/16/2021 at 6:47 AM, Sailor Kenshin said:

Amen to that!  🎊

Thank you!

On 7/16/2021 at 4:37 PM, brokenclay said:

Thank you, @amberleadavis, for the Colorverse NASA Blue ink! My review: 

Great review!

6 minutes ago, amberleadavis said:

I sent over a thousand handwritten cards to people in nursing homes while I was convalescing. Playing with my pens and ink made me feel much better.

And here I was worrying that you were just languishing.

Over a thousand cards!

20 minutes ago, brokenclay said:

And here I was worrying that you were just languishing.

Over a thousand cards!

Well, that was over an extended period of time and I didn't write much in each of them, usually about 2 sentences.

4 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

Good idea!  I sent over a thousand handwritten cards to people in nursing homes while I was convalescing. Playing with my pens and ink made me feel much better.

They say mental health plays a larger role in physical recovery than originally thought :)

so... does this create a new domain?...

The Healing Power of Fountain Pens! 

:D