Help in finding what this German FP maker is?

JotterAddict62

Greetings All

Came down here from Parkerland in need of identifying this German made [ what I was told ] FP is.

I was told the Fp was a German made pen. The nib is marked

GARANTIERT

[ in the middle there is a circle with an X and a 3rd line from top to bottom in the X. ]

EDELMETALL

Nib should show up in the last photo. There is a [ M ] on the bottom part of the barrel by the blind cap.

I would like to know what I have here. I bought it on an impulse.

Thanks All

Ken

SIYpICV.jpg

VdaavWo.jpg

8aUEvx0.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JotterAddict62

• 7is

• tmurfet

Well the nib inscription translates to: "GUARANTEED PRECIOUS METAL." Can you see anything marked on the underside of the clip? A favorite place to put part numbers, etc.

Cheers, Anthony.

The Bauhaus - form follows function without further embellishment; primary colors are always welcome ...

My collection snapshot

I'm not sure about the pen, however, I'm pretty sure that nibs with such sign were made by National from Munich (called Angloamer earlier, later, renamed as Global). The company made mainly piston and button fillers, often for other companies, some pens of rather good quality like Gold, Favorit, Juwel or Cotrollor. The general design and the celluloid are similar to what they produced but, at the same time, there were plenty of similar pens made by others. Most Nationals (or what I assume to be) have at least some information on the partial model and nib size towards the end of a barrel or the button blind cap, like 3F.

tmurfet  I can not see any markings under the clip without taking it off at this time.

The pen looks to be a button filler? If that is the case I will put a new sac in it .

Thanks for the replies.

Ken

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files