Japanese Edition Safaris

bonnie-scott

Arrived in the post today - Hurrah, my Japanese Edition Safaris.

I don't know how some on here will feel about them as they are not a unique colour.  These are the standard white with a Black clip, however the barrel of the pen has a pattern printed in it, polka dot, lines or hearts.

Thought I would share a pic, sadly kitchen table photography doesn't match the superb pictures posted by others, but you can see what they are.

The pens are also available in in the 3 pastel shades that were the 2019 Special Editions

Japan safari white set.jpg

Edited by bonnie-scott
typo

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Black Spot

• bonnie-scott

• bogiesan

• inkstainedruth

Cool!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Only available in Japan? The pens with the same patterns in Pastel Colours will add to 12 pens. A quite expensive addition to my collection😒 . Thanks for the information.

1 hour ago, jchch1950 said:

Only available in Japan?

Yes, and I think it is limited to only some stores in Tokyo.  I did contact stores directly but those that responded wouldn't ship, so I had to find a third part reseller on an online auction site.

Sadly this seems to be true of all of the Lamy editions released for the far east.

don't know how some on here will feel about them as they are not a unique colour.  

Opinions are like sphincters...

A nice addition to any collection especially if one enjoys finding  unique and limited editions of German pens from other countries. (You really need all twelve!) 

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

6 hours ago, bogiesan said:

(You really need all twelve!) 

I know, but buying through online auctions makes that impossibly expensive.  Even from the cheaper seller it would have been nearly $900 without taxes and import duties 😞

So cool, thanks for sharing!

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

I like the striped one on the very top. I wonder why you can only get them in Japan ?

Artificial shortage. High prices. Feels of exclusivity. Cash registers ringing.

Marketing. Answer to most of these questions. 😆

10 hours ago, Black Spot said:

I like the striped one on the very top. I wonder why you can only get them in Japan ?

I'm with you on that.  I was never much into polkadots in general; and the one with the hearts makes me think it should be used by a 12 year old writing fan mail to her favorite k-pop group....:rolleyes:  But the striped barrel one looks classy (and more grown up).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

If you have a maker space or a speciality engraving shop in your town, give them a call and inquire after their custom laser engraving and etching services. Most can perform remarkable things and deliver intricate designs on any curved surface. The anodized AlStars should return a white etched line and the plastic Safaris should present deeply engraved lines and shapes. You just a need a few spare pens and time to discuss the projects and design the graphics.  

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

2 minutes ago, bogiesan said:

If you have a maker space or a speciality engraving shop in your town, give them a call and inquire after their custom laser engraving and etching services. Most can perform remarkable things and deliver intricate designs on any curved surface. The anodized AlStars should return a white etched line and the plastic Safaris should present deeply engraved lines and shapes. You just a need a few spare pens and time to discuss the projects and design the graphics.  

But then my Lamy is no longer mint in box.  

On 5/29/2021 at 5:41 PM, inkstainedruth said:

the one with the hearts makes me think it should be used by a 12 year old writing fan mail to her favorite k-pop group....:rolleyes:  

That's me 🤣

On 5/29/2021 at 6:41 PM, inkstainedruth said:

the one with the hearts makes me think it should be used by a 12 year old writing fan mail to her favorite k-pop group....:rolleyes: 

I bet there is a 12 year old writing fan mail to her favorite k-pop group with that pen.

33 minutes ago, Black Spot said:

I bet there is a 12 year old writing fan mail to her favorite k-pop group with that pen.

Suddenly, finding a unicorn sounds realistic.

---------------------------------------------------------

We use our phones more than our pens.....

and the world is a worse place for it. - markh

• 1 month later...

They were also released in the Loft stationery store with animal prints - leopard, zebra and cow. 

On 5/23/2021 at 6:46 PM, bogiesan said:

(You really need all twelve!) 

The price of Lamy safaris is derisory. I always keep a look out for colours that I dont have, and invest if I find a new one. I find the different colours useful to identify what colour ink is in each one.

David

Edited by david-p

Folks here will complain about anything around here but this is the first time I've seen that Safari's low price mentioned as a flaw. 

YOu can buy your favorite Safari or AlStar in bulk and have them engraved on a laser (or by hand, which is sooo much cooler) with the names of colors on the barrels. 

6 hours ago, bogiesan said:

Folks here will complain about anything around here but this is the first time I've seen that Safari's low price mentioned as a flaw. 

If you are referring to my use of the word derisory above, it was not meant to suggest a flaw, but in the sense of ridiculously low".

David