EFNIR: Robert Oster Green Lime

LizEF

Extra Fine Nib Ink Review: Robert Oster Green Lime

This is review #101 in my series.  Here's the YouTube video:

Post-recording notes:  The "VueScan" image has the best color, followed by the scan and the zoom.  The full-page photo isn't bright enough.  Cleaning was quick and easy.

And here is a screen of the final result, for those not interested in the video:
large.RobertOsterGreenLime.jpg.59992d0263a82b313382436ef1441caa.jpg

Scan of Completed Review:
large.RobertOsterGreenLimeS.jpg.7327cb2c13f6912af3c9a752a8a71faa.jpg

Zoomed in photo:
large.RobertOsterGreenLimeZ.jpg.3edd36e43559bad92ee09266813f11e4.jpg

Absorbent Paper Closeup (top is puzzle paper like thick newsprint, bottom is old 20lb copy paper):
large.RobertOsterGreenLimeAP.jpg.d1293755c096dcbb7cae47973188a230.jpg

Extra Image, VueScan scanner software:
large.RobertOsterGreenLimeSVueScan.jpg.4b0aadc8b3a3a3f96dc6169fc93dd0d6.jpg

Images also available on Instagram: @zilxodarap

Previous Review: Robert Oster Thunderstorm.

Want to influence the inky sequence?  Take the "next ink" poll.

Hope you enjoy.  Comments appreciated!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LizEF

• yazeh

• A Smug Dill

• namrehsnoom

Refreshing colour much in the same league as Diamine Kelly Green and Apple Glory.... 

Great job, Liz! 

I see Mac is come to the rescue :)

48 minutes ago, yazeh said:

Refreshing colour much in the same league as Diamine Kelly Green and Apple Glory.... 

Exactly! :)

Great job, Liz! 

Thank you!

I see Mac is come to the rescue :)

Yes, just haven't quite figured out how.  I'm a day late on recording my latest review, and if I go through with it, I just make everything worse, with no idea how to get them out of it! :lol::unsure::rolleyes:

Great colour! A happy green indeed. I’m a big fan of these light & bright greens and yellow-greens. For some reason, they always bring a smile to my face. Looking forward to coming EFNIRs in the green series!

29 minutes ago, namrehsnoom said:

Great colour! A happy green indeed. I’m a big fan of these light & bright greens and yellow-greens. For some reason, they always bring a smile to my face. Looking forward to coming EFNIRs in the green series!

Thanks!  :)  Me too!  Feel free to up-vote any of the remaining greens.  There are only 10 left:

• Diamine 150th Anniversary Safari
  • KWZ Green Gold
  • Monteverde Gemstone Olivine
  • Pelikan Edelstein Olivine
  • Pennonia Zöldike (Greenfinch)
  • Pilot Mixable Colour Green (cartridge)
  • Pilot Mixable Colour Light-green (cartridge)
  • Robert Oster Lemon Grass
  • Sailor Kobe INK Story #67 Ogo Farm Green
  • Thornton Green (extracted from disposable)

One of which is going into my pen shortly. :D

31 minutes ago, LizEF said:

Thanks!  :)  Me too!  Feel free to up-vote any of the remaining greens.  There are only 10 left:

• Diamine 150th Anniversary Safari
  • KWZ Green Gold
  • Robert Oster Lemon Grass

I’d like to see your opinion on Safari. Never used that one with an EF. 

21 minutes ago, namrehsnoom said:

That would be nice, in Ef Lamy safari ;)

38 minutes ago, namrehsnoom said:

Me too! :lol:  Go to the poll - up-vote! Up-vote!  I am subject to the whims of my voters (and my own indecision). ;)

16 minutes ago, yazeh said:

Alas, I don't have a Lamy Safari.  I do have an Al-Star, but I guess that wouldn't be quite the same... :(

1 minute ago, LizEF said:

Alas, I don't have a Lamy Safari.  I do have an Al-Star, but I guess that wouldn't be quite the same... :(

Here you go: 

7 minutes ago, yazeh said:

Here you go: 

:lticaptd:Stop that!  No tempting me.  Yes, the color is perfect (for me and for my murky green inks, including Safari), but I have absolutely no need for another pen!  Meanwhile, I've just figured out a future scene for Quin & Makhabesh's story! <making notes> Oh, and I've figured out a twist at the end of that scene, sec, notes.....  :lticaptd::lol: :D  The back of my brain works in mysterious ways!

Really excellent review as always Liz - thank you so much :)

I have very mixed feelings about these bright greens - I like the idea of them, but find many of them (this one included) just a shade too dark for me to really love them - I like my greens either a bit lighter or brighter (and perhaps a bit yellower) or much, much swampier. 

Which is why when I did a bit of a Robert Oster Green topup recently, I didn't include this one. Thank you so much for confirming that I was right!

btw, you don't need a Safari, there are much nicer murky green pens out there :)

My eyes my eyes!  Misnamed, should be called green slime. Obviously a typo.

thank you for the review!

Thanks for the ink review! I don't think I'll be getting this one for my collection. Bright and retina-searing is one thing; but bright green doesn't really convey happy, ready or go-go-go! to me.

On 5/19/2021 at 6:57 AM, yazeh said:

On 5/19/2021 at 8:58 AM, mizgeorge said:

btw, you don't need a Safari, there are much nicer murky green pens out there :)

I just cleaned Diamine (150th Anniversary) Safari from my wife's EF-nibbed Aurora Optima Oliva, after she handed it to me on the weekend telling me it'd written dry and needs refilling. Specks of dark ink crud when I flushed out the piston-filler's ink reservoir with a syringe. Not another one of these (in two days), I thought to myself. Then I went and checked my inking log book, and that pen was last filled 18 months ago! Can't really blame the ink for crudding, then.

Edited by A Smug Dill
wrong pen model corrected

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

35 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

Really excellent review as always Liz - thank you so much :)

Thank you!  And you're welcome! :)

36 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

I have very mixed feelings about these bright greens - I like the idea of them, but find many of them (this one included) just a shade too dark for me to really love them - I like my greens either a bit lighter or brighter (and perhaps a bit yellower) or much, much swampier. 

Well, if cash is burning a hole in your pocket, you could try Caran d'Ache Delicate Green - it's a little lighter and just as lovely.

37 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

Which is why when I did a bit of a Robert Oster Green topup recently, I didn't include this one. Thank you so much for confirming that I was right!

Hmm.  I hope you plan to share some of these greens of yours! ;) :P  Glad to make you feel good about your decisions. :D 

38 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

btw, you don't need a Safari, there are much nicer murky green pens out there

Thank you for discouraging irresponsible spending (encouraging responsible non-spending?).  My curiosity and I will try to get over your "murky green pens" comment... :unsure: :)

20 minutes ago, I-am-not-really-here said:

My eyes my eyes!  Misnamed, should be called green slime. Obviously a typo.

thank you for the review!

:lticaptd: You're very welcome!  Try gazing at some Diamine Salamander for a while, or maybe some nice Kyo No Oto Aonibi, that might heal your retinas.

19 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

Thanks for the ink review! I don't think I'll be getting this one for my collection. Bright and retina-searing is one thing; but bright green doesn't really convey happy, ready or go-go-go! to me.

You're very welcome!  And we'll forgive your strange color-reactions. :P

20 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

I just cleaned Diamine (150th Anniversary) Safari from my wife's EF-nibbed Aurora 88 Oliva, after she handed it to me on the weekend telling me it'd written dry and needs refilling. Specks of dark ink crud when I flushed out the piston-filler's ink reservoir with a syringe. Not another one of these (in two days), I thought to myself. Then I went and checked my inking log book, and that pen was last filled 18 months ago! Can't really blame the ink for crudding, then.

:yikes: How fortunate your wife is!  I would not likely be so patient...

17 minutes ago, LizEF said:

Try gazing at some Diamine Salamander for a while,

The equivalent of sniffing a jar of coffee beans to clear one's olfactory?

15 minutes ago, LizEF said:

I would not likely be so patient...

I didn't really think buying her 50 or so pens implies a guarantee of lifetime after-gift service for everything. Now I remember why I always declined to just turn my clobbered-together, proof-of-concept prototype software ‘production ready’ in my last job, but always insisted that management send the requirements and specifications I finalised from the study over to the bureaucracy of the IT department and do the proper (and stretched out) implementation thing…

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

This one is not for me (especially after the comparison with Diamine Kelly Green, one of the first greens I ever tried).  Just too eye searing for me, I suspect. 

But thanks for the review.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

2 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

I didn't really think buying her 50 or so pens implies a guarantee of lifetime after-gift service for everything.

:lol: ..for broader or finer, for fuller or emptier, in glitter and in sheen, to refill and to clean, till death us do part...

2 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

Now I remember why I always declined to just turn my clobbered-together, proof-of-concept prototype software ‘production ready’ in my last job, but always insisted that management send the requirements and specifications I finalised from the study over to the bureaucracy of the IT department and do the proper (and stretched out) implementation thing…

Good choice.  Slightly different relationship. :)