Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, tringle said:

Received these beauties in the mail. 

EBE65E28-43E9-4A8E-BE32-D8F3E96955B5.jpeg

B83577AC-50AD-4DD7-BDC1-B07EC74BD24D.jpeg

Oh! Those look lovely :)

17 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

I suppose in these days of not being able to travel, least my pen's getting to see something of the world, even if I can't. I wonder where it will go next?

How tantalizing, you have my sympathy.

Looks like the pen is a Sailor, LE Flying Dutchman.

I have just received an Montblanc 147 in F nib and I am loving it. It is my first Montblanc and I finally understand the appeal.

If you win over your own stupidity then are you winner or loser? In any case it means something good.

12 minutes ago, MilanKov said:

I have just received an Montblanc 147 in F nib and I am loving it. It is my first Montblanc and I finally understand the appeal.

Does that one take a converter, or only cartridges?

12 minutes ago, NumberSix said:

Does that one take a converter, or only cartridges?

It is cartridge only pen. with a special tray that holds two ink cartridges. Technically you can add converter like Kaweco mini converter, but that would require to make cut into the brass tray that holds the cartridges to make space for the converters knob. Cheers MK

If you win over your own stupidity then are you winner or loser? In any case it means something good.

A Diplomat Magnum with a broad nib- the Diplomat Magnum has my favorite steel nib, and I have never tried a broad.

I just received an early delivery update on the Etruria, it's now supposed to arrive *tomorrow*, June 11th. Picked up in Rome this morning (5-6 am Pacific time), so theoretically possible.

Well, if it sounds too good ... Another update, now estimated for Monday.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

A Sheaffer Imperial Touchdown II.

I just received a Pelikan 600 Red Tortoise.

Waiting on a black ST Dupont Liberte Lacquer and Palladium Fountain Pen - it will be my first ST Dupont.  I once tried one and they seem very nice.

That Leonardo Officina Momento Zero on the first page of this thread looks very tempting...

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Pelikan M1000 "F" nib running Birmingham Sugar Kelp

Sailor King of Pens "M" nib running Van Dieman's Heemskerch and Zeehaen

Waiting on a Waterman 55 woodgrain set, with a very special nib.  More to come!  

On 6/9/2021 at 10:35 AM, chromantic said:

^^ mizgeorge - My 1st nice Pelikan, a black/burgundy M150, went from Germany to NYC, then to Puerto Rico to spend the July 4th weekend, back to NY and thence on to SoCal.

I had one that -- once it left US Customs in New York, detoured to New England (I forget whether it was NH or Maine at this point) before getting to Pittsburgh....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

A repaired PFM.  By USPS to Australia.

Arrived at Chicago IL distribution centre on 20 May, departed Chicago 4 June, 15 days later.

The pen has been tracked to Sydney as of 7 June but where it is now is a mystery.

can feel your pain @vicpen123, mine is still languishing in miami international distribution centre waiting for a flight out to australia

Well mine made only a brief stop in Japan on its round the world tour, and is (apparently) now somewhere in the UK. According to tracking it has left Heathrow airport, but whilst one site now has it out for delivery about 100 miles away from me, both others seem to have no information at all. Poor little thing's going to need a nice rest when it finally gets here.

A Pilot 845 that I ordered from Yas in Tokyo. He sent it with great dispatch, and it is now at the DHL hub in Cincinnati. According to the tracking I will get it Thursday, but I think if I keep checking it every five minutes it will make it arrive faster.

Two pens from Bryant (Chatterley) which were shipped from Tucson AZ Thursday afternoon and reached Tamworth in the UK earlier today (Saturday).  They should be with me sometime Monday afternoon.

@mizgeorge:  I've just been reading up on your pen's adventures and am (almost) ashamed to admit I was literally laughing out loud 😂.  I hope Monday brings news of its safe arrival!

1 hour ago, christam said:

@mizgeorge:  I've just been reading up on your pen's adventures and am (almost) ashamed to admit I was literally laughing out loud 😂.  I hope Monday brings news of its safe arrival!

The saddest bit is that it's now disappeared again. It left Heathrow on Wednesday (apparently) and there is no sign of it anywhere. USPS tracking has stopped, RM tracking still has it 'leaving the US' sometime around 24th May and whilst it briefly flashed up an 'out for delivery, London' message on Thursday, I suspect that was a red herring and it's gone into the customs hellhole at Langley. I guess I'm just waiting for the little grey ransom card now.

Meanwhile, a couple of bottles of ink I bought in Japan on Monday will be delivered to me in two days time - and the shipping cost me about a quarter of the price of posting the (much lighter) pen. They may even have met the poor little pen (PLP) at the airport in Tokyo.  Madness. 

Luckily my inner Pollyanna is undaunted and in the last couple of days I've bought stuff from Germany and China, which I am now going to forget about to avoid too much hopefulness!

On 6/11/2021 at 4:25 PM, vicpen123 said:

A repaired PFM.  By USPS to Australia.

Arrived at Chicago IL distribution centre on 20 May, departed Chicago 4 June, 15 days later.

The pen has been tracked to Sydney as of 7 June but where it is now is a mystery.

Finally arrived home today 15 June. Safe and secure in my hands.

I will try to avoid USPS should I ever receive pens from the US>

And.... (drumroll).... the PLP has landed :) 

After travelling an extra 10,000 miles, visiting San Francisco and Japan and languishing for weeks somewhere in Chicago, my package turned up this morning. I almost wanted balloons and a banner from the postman, but all I got was the usual timid tap on the front door and a muffled apology for the state of the other package he handed me. 

Luckily, it's a pen I love (another Pearlette) - it would have been awful if it had finally made it here and I didn't like it! Now I need to choose it some lovely ink - much my favourite sort of decision!