Which pen(s) are you waiting for in the mail? 2021

A Smug Dill

I didn't realise there wasn't one of these threads for 2021, more than four months into the year! 😲

The four Faber-Castell Essentio Carbon fountain pens I ordered from Cult Pens earlier this week, and scheduled to be delivered by next Friday according to DHL, is showing up as having already arrived in Sydney last night, and there has been some movement in processing locally this morning. Maybe I'll even receive them by Tuesday, well ahead of schedule! We'll see.

A Pelikan M205 Petrol-Marbled with EF nib has yet to be dispatched from La Couronne du Comte, with the order being held up by a Pelikan leather pen case that has not yet arrived in stock from the brand's regional distributor in the Benelux region.

I'm probably in for a long wait for the two Opus 88 pens and two Fine Writing International pens I also ordered (separately from the Pelikan products); but I understand they're special orders, since LCdC didn't (and doesn't) even list EF and Stub nibs as options for the Opus 88 models it carries in its product catalogue. They're holding up the Lamy Safari in Savannah Green that is also on one of the orders, but that's OK, I'm in no hurry to hold or use the pen that I only got because it's a ‘collectible’ colour that my wife remarked she liked when we saw it in a shop window, when we aren't such fans of the Safari and Al-Star models.

Update: w00t! 😲  I only finalised my order with Cult Pens a few minutes into Wednesday (as in just past midnight) here, and the parcel was delivered mid-morning on the following Monday. That's awesomely quick and efficient. Kudos to Cult Pens and DHL for that! 👍 👍

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• NumberSix

• tringle

• mizgeorge

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Currently waiting on the delivery of a Platinum 3776 Bourgogne/Gold with a soft fine nib.

I've sold several watches recently, which is my only excuse for going a bit OTT.  

This will be my second MB, in part because the first far exceeded all expectations ............ Montblanc Meisterstück Around the World in 80 Days Solitaire Le Grand PT 146 Fountain pen, OB nib.

It should be with me in a week or so.

Awaiting an Onoto Magna Sequoyah — it is being made and will likely arrive sometime in early June!

A nice Sheaffer Imperial 777 I got for 50 bucks. It was an impulse buy but I've been eyeing these ever since I saw a photo of one. I hope it arrives soon

I got a notification this morning four beautiful Kaweco Frosted Sport fountain pens in semitransparent  Natural Coconut (whitish) color with B, BB, 1.1, and 1.9 nibs shipped from San Jose (coming from Jetpens - I don't know if they're is in San Jose or not but that's where the pens started out) to Allentown Pennsylvania. I intend to eyedropper fill them and use the Kaweco blue cartridge each comes with in a Kaweco Skyline in mint color I already own.  The Skylines, unlike all the other iterations of the Kaweco Sport, have a miniscule ink capacity when eyedropper filled because they have a false bottom halfway down the body of the pen - and very near the upper limit of where you can eyedropper fill - which nobody told me when I bought the pen and apparently nobody else in the world even knows judging by all the online "reviews" of the Skyline Sport I've seen, which are all a waste of time, and so it needs to be used with either an international short cartridge or either of Kaweco's irritating-to-use converters.

The Kaweco nibs I then will have are EF, M, B, BB, 1.1, 1.5, 1.9, and 2.3.

The 4 Frosted Sports were priced well, I feel, at 24.50 for the broads and 26.50 for the two with the calligraphy nibs.

I'm very excited to get these pens because all the Kaweco nibs I have are interchangeable and easily cleaned and changed out from pen to pen and color to color of ink. It's a good system and I'll be able to take much fuller advantage of its possibilities once I get these four additional Sports.

From various parts of the world:

- Visconti Divina Elegance (backordered a month ago...)

- TWSBI Diamond 580 AL R Purple (Japan)

- TWSBI Eco Lilac

- Parker Vacumatic Junior Emerald Green (UK)

- Pelikan 120 (Uruguay)

- Pilot Decimo Purple (Japan)

I'm also waiting on some inks from Birmingham that just shipped yesterday.

My Parker 51 just arrived yesterday. It was my first vintage pen (restored by Thomas Bickham aka ThomasB)!

6 hours ago, genedan said:

My Parker 51 just arrived yesterday. It was my first vintage pen (restored by Thomas Bickham aka ThomasB)!

What did you get?  Aerometric or 51 Vac?  And what nib?  (I LOVE my 51s).

Back on topic: Not waiting for anything at the moment -- the Azure al-Star arrived in the mail yesterday.  The color is... odd....  In some light it definitely has a blue cast.  But in other light, it just looks sort of silver-grey.  It's definitely got a cool tone to the color (unlike the Ruthenium LX, which is a much warmer color with almost a brownish undertone to the color).  And Azure is not anything remotely like the French Blue Safari.

No pix yet -- it's been sort of strange day. :huh:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Just ordered a TWSBI Vac700R from Goulet. I'd been trying to talk myself out of it but it didn't work.

2 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

What did you get?  Aerometric or 51 Vac?  And what nib?  (I LOVE my 51s).

I got the vac with a 14k fine nib. At first I kind of just wanted the pen and wasn't too interested in writing, just to have an iconic piece of history. But I tried it out anyway and it actually wrote really well for a fine nib. I tend to use mediums and broads but this pen is a very good fine.

Currently I am waiting for a Sailor 1911 with the Emperor MF nib, also waiting for a Waterman 55 red ripple set.  Trying to imagine what inks I will fill those up with when they arrive.  I did just receive two pens today in the mail.   First is a Dutch button filler Imperial, second is the Visconti Copernicus with the stylographic nib.  Still looking for the Copernicus fountain pen version that isn’t gonna be heart breaking to spend the cash.  

A7136AB9-81B0-461E-AD16-863192F9AD2D.jpeg

Just  won a flea-bay auction for this.... working to complete a “set” of wide-band WWII era Sheaffers (already have  black, green-stripe, and silver/grey-stripe).  Finding the last one (carmine/red stripe) without breaking the bank isn’t going to be easy 😜

AC2AE989-DD86-4740-AC51-058EB5403A51.jpeg

3FAA6B92-35D3-4710-AEBF-4EEF20131F20.jpeg

6149B0D8-F442-47AC-91A5-ED54470B0E33.jpeg

I’m up for two pens at the moment

1. Jinhao x450 black with fireworks ,7mm nib, from the Far East, and
  2. Parker 45 forest green, well I hope it’s forest green, from Alfonso Fegada in Spain.

both via the Bay

29134BB3-C3B7-472F-8741-2A44585190F6.jpeg

42DE1403-412B-401F-96B0-04FED9ADED84.jpeg

Montblanc 22 OB nib coming from Germany via Ebay purchase.  The tracking info says it's now arrived at International Service Center in NYC.

2 more ebonite Rangas. These are becoming my favorite pens...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 6:03 PM, NgunnawalJack said:

I’m up for two pens at the moment

1. Jinhao x450 black with fireworks ,7mm nib, from the Far East, and
  2. Parker 45 forest green, well I hope it’s forest green, from Alfonso Fegada in Spain.

both via the Bay

29134BB3-C3B7-472F-8741-2A44585190F6.jpeg

42DE1403-412B-401F-96B0-04FED9ADED84.jpeg

P45 arrived yesterday 

Some fifteen Jinhao 51A, four Monami Penna, and three more HongDian 517D pens I ordered from various AliExpress sellers.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Waiting to arrive from USA a Montegrappa Nerouno Grande with steel nib. I'll post a review as I, AFAIK, have not found much info on this large size pen.

MG Nerouno Grande.jpg