Which pen(s) are you waiting for in the mail? 2021

A Smug Dill

3 minutes ago, Aysedasi said:

Why should Paypal cover your costs?

Because that is one of the benefits of settling payment for the order by PayPal, in accordance with its policy.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• NumberSix

• tringle

• mizgeorge

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

I was told that was a unit reserved for a customer who'd cancelled his order

Can't imagine why anyone would have done that... ;)

4 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

Can't imagine why anyone would have done that... ;)

I'm guessing that was ordered prior to 19 April, given I made a post on that day advising someone else here what I saw in stock.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

A shipment containing three pens and three bottles of ink arrived this morning. It contained fewer items than I was expecting, and some of what I expressly communicated to the retailer (more than once!) that I expected to see is not among the contents.

I feel my patience is really being seriously tried. I do my best to be explicit, specific and precise to leave little room for error operationally, but it just isn't working with this mob. 😡

7 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

A shipment containing three pens and three bottles of ink arrived this morning. It contained fewer items than I was expecting, and some of what I expressly communicated to the retailer (more than once!) that I expected to see is not among the contents.

I feel my patience is really being seriously tried. I do my best to be explicit, specific and precise to leave little room for error operationally, but it just isn't working with this mob. 😡

I feel your pain. Having said I wouldn't use them again, I decided to give one more chance. That was over two months ago and I'm still waiting (having already cancelled one out of the two orders). I think they really might have had their last chance now.

I am waiting for a "Rosetta Explorer Fountain Pen." It's inexpensive, black and maybe it will even work. There's a photograph of it here.

USPS has been informed that it's coming their way. No prediction on when I might get the thing.

Eagerly waiting :puddle:.

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

On 6/20/2021 at 3:51 PM, A Smug Dill said:

Because that is one of the benefits of settling payment for the order by PayPal, in accordance with its policy.

Fair enough.  

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

About 6 weeks ago I bought a Visconti Medici Rose Savrano in medium nib.

It came and had the thinnest medium euro nib I think I've ever seen. Or perhaps my expectations were just that it would be a wet, bold line. It was more like a Pelikan fine I have in my collection. I was very underwhelmed. It then began to run dry every two or three lines. I couldn't get it to start again without priming the feed (a somewhat risky thing with a vac filler). I notified the seller the pen wouldn't write and asked to send it back, and while they had it, I'd like a broad nib swapped in and the wetness set to a specific level, which I detailed out very thoroughly and gave a writing sample with another pen that matches what I expected, provided the thickness of the line I desired, as measured by Richard Binder's chart on nib sizes (and said chart was printed out and included in the box for them to reference), etc.

It's been a month and it is now on its way to me, due to arrive on Friday. Strangely, I'm not even excited to receive it. I hope it blows me away. I' concerned that it won't. If it doesn't, I may well ask to just return it. For all the effort I and the seller have put in, I certainly hope I love it.

If it goes back, I may never buy another Visconti.

Waiting on a MontBlanc 324.   Really excited to see it in August or September.  :-) 

Pilot VP (M), red/rhodium - Vanness

Pilot E95s (M), black - Lemur Inks

The Vanness one is already on the way and will be here in a few days. The Lemur Ink order hasn't shipped yet. D'oh!

ETA:  Lemur Ink order has shipped now. 😁

Finally received shipping notice from Cult on my M205 Petrol, they were waiting on the Golden Beryl to arrive before sending. Hopefully be here next week. Yay!

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

My Nakaya Neo-standard is in the mail from visiting M. Masuyama’s spa for nibs.  I’m far too excited!

11 minutes ago, PMPugs20 said:

Pilot Custom 74 Grenadine with a fine nib arrives tomorrow!

That one might be my exact next Pilot order. I am very interested in this new color.

Just now, NumberSix said:

That one might be my exact next Pilot order. I am very interested in this new color.

It looks gorgeous in pictures! It just got to my local post office, so if I can go pick it up I'll DM you a picture if you'd like.

16 minutes ago, PMPugs20 said:

It looks gorgeous in pictures! It just got to my local post office, so if I can go pick it up I'll DM you a picture if you'd like.

Sounds great!

You could probably post it here, too. I doubt anyone would mind too much. 

Bunch of Jinhao’s, Leonardo Magico, Leonardo Momento Zero Mango, special edition Magico from Stile e Stile and a Visconti Van Gogh Wheatfield with Crows. 

In short, the bug has bitten again after seriously doubting my collection (and selling a bunch).

Also wondering whether I should sell a couple of pens to get a Nakaya Dorsal Fin. 

No signature. I'm boring that way.

5 hours ago, NumberSix said:

Sounds great!

You could probably post it here, too. I doubt anyone would mind too much. 

It'll come tomorrow, so prepare for a DM then.

On 6/19/2021 at 5:50 AM, cnnlim said:

I ordered a Santini Libra Ambra with a flex nib few days ago. It will take 7-10 days to ship, waiting ......

Me too!  I chose a fine flexy.