Which pen(s) are you waiting for in the mail? 2021

A Smug Dill

Waiting on a 1960’s Shaeffer Touchdown filler with a broad nib.   Also, waiting on the return of my Waterman 55 woodgrain with a very special nib.  🙂

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• NumberSix

• tringle

• mizgeorge

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A couple of older/vintage pens, from different sources. One is a Pelikan M400 "old style" that looks like it might require some significant loving to get it into shape; this one is coming from Canada, and seems to be stuck in Montreal.

The other is a pristine-looking gold-filled Wahl-Eversharp Slim Ventura. It took two days to travel from San Diego to Los Angeles. I'm supposed to get it on Saturday. 

franklin-christoph model 3 antique glass with a broad nagahara stub

Currently awaiting :-

1. Soennecken 412 with click piston mechanism and OB flex nib

2. Waterman #4 flex nib

3. Mabie Todd New York #2 flex nib

4. Waterman Hundred Year 1st generation pen in blue lucite

Just ordered this NOS Wing Sun from the 1990s. But I don’t know if I can handle the wait until the scheduled delivery in August.

AD0A5ECB-9C40-4064-B714-7E9BEDCA3505.jpeg

The Pentonote Light of Shineha restock! Seems like EMS is back up and someone i know is already getting theirs tomorrow! Mine was shipped out a day or so after so hopefully next week :')

Very excited! Trying to decide if I will sell my other Realo Zoom or get a grind on one of them.

I’m currently waiting for three pens:

1.  Arriving today, a Georg Jensen Master.  According to tracking, it’s out for delivery.  It has a black lacquer cap and a sterling silver barrel.  It is equipped with a steel nib.  The Danish Georg Jensen company is not a pen company.  Georg Jensen was a noted silversmith.  A recent big decline in the prices of their pens offered by third-party sellers leads me to believe they are liquidating their line of pens.

2. Arriving Tuesday, a handmade, custom pen by Jim Hinze.  I bought this used on eBay.  Jim created this unique pen as a promotional giveaway to support Fountain Pen Day in 2020.  It is in a beautiful custom hand-poured resin and has a fine Jowo nib. For those of you unfamiliar with Jim’s work, I would advise you to check out his website or Facebook page.  All his pens are handmade and most feature bright colors (and nibs to match).  He hand-pours many of his resins.  

3. I really didn’t ‘need’ the third pen.  It is a blue lacquer Inoxcrom Sagittarius.  It is somewhat reminiscent of the Pelikan New Classic line of pens, albeit with gold plated steel nibs.  I had no experience with Inoxcrom, a Spanish manufacturer, and saw this pen on eBay.  It was advertised and appeared to be in perfect (used) condition and was extremely inexpensive.  It is coming from Morocco.

I am awaiting a tortoise brown striped Pelikan 400NN with an EF Flex nib. It took flight in Turkey and is now very close. It should land and join my flock of Pelikans by Tuesday. I’m very excited.

Pelikan M800 Brown Black will arrive Friday, according to DHL.

It's coming to me with a big broad nib...can't wait to ink it up. I'll decide at that point if it will be reground to a cursive italic...

Two on the way:

Hero 100, black - coming from China. According to tracking, it's in my city. I expect it to be out for delivery in the next day or two.

Sheaffer PFM III, burgundy - seller claims it's been restored. But I always send my snorkels off to Danny Fudge just so I know for sure it's been done. Probably will do the same for this one.

A vintage Montblanc Meisterstuck 146 with a fine flexible nib.  Should arrive at it's new home on Thursday, 10 June.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Well I'm having fun tracking my poor little pen. It left it's last home in Illinois in mid May, got to Chicago International Distribution on 16th, again on 18th, transited on 22nd, and then processed through the regional facility on 24th, before arriving on 5th June in... Chicago. It left again at 4pm, and then 8pm on the same day. Aha, I thought, it's finally heading across the pond (Denmark seems to be the favourite next stop at the moment), but no, the next event seems to be another departure on 7th June, this time from San Francisco. It simply makes no sense at all.

I suppose in these days of not being able to travel, least my pen's getting to see something of the world, even if I can't. I wonder where it will go next?

I am waiting for a Montblanc Classique rollerball (silver trim) from Peyton Street Pens. 

Also, a forest green Aero 51 and pencil set from Midnight Pens. 

24 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

I suppose in these days of not being able to travel, least my pen's getting to see something of the world, even if I can't. I wonder where it will go next?

You have my sympathies.

My pen seems to be moving along fairly briskly: left Kanpur on Friday, got to New Delhi on Sunday, made it to Dubai and Paris yesterday. We'll see if it gets stuck in US customs somewhere for 2 weeks.

You couldn't make this up. I got another new notification this morning. 

tracking.jpg

My Sailor Realo is now stuck in US Customs in LA and the shipping date is undetermined on USPS as of today 😢

My little Peter Pan should reach my parents in SD by Friday, though. Excited to see them in a few months on this side of the pond. I'm really struggling with the decision of what to ultimately sell to fit these pens into my case.

3 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

RTW trip!

My pen, on the other hand, has miraculously made it from India to a town not more than 50 km away in less than 5 days, where, according to Fedex, it will sit for another 5 days before arriving at my house.

^^ mizgeorge - My 1st nice Pelikan, a black/burgundy M150, went from Germany to NYC, then to Puerto Rico to spend the July 4th weekend, back to NY and thence on to SoCal.

I've ordered a Stipula Etruria from Italy, waiting now on shipping confirmation.

ETA - Received ship confirmation a few minutes ago, estimated to arrive by July 2nd.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

4 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

tracking.jpg

Geez. That one is taking the scenic route...hope you get it soon!! I've got packages I ordered a week or more ago that I won't see for another month, if the expected delivery date is to be believed. At least one of them came from China in less than two weeks though, so you literally never know...