Any experience with Dickblick.com?

Triple7

Hello,

I am new here, don’t know if this is the correct forum or not, please feel free to move it if necessary.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience buying at dickblick.com? I saw they have an item I was interested in, but have read really mixed reviews online and was wondering of they are a good business. Most negative reviews are about customer service and shipping problems. I just want to know if it is worth the hassle for a hard to find item.

Arthur

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Triple7

• rickap

• Mysterious Mose

• mizgeorge

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have bought from them a few times and would not hesitate to buy from them again. One product I received was bad and they replaced it immediately, no questions asked. Dickblick.com is a great business in my opinion. I don’t work for them either.

Thanks,

Rick

Rick

I've bought over a thousand dollars of art supplies from them and am very pleased with them.  I highly recommend them.

Dan Kalish

Fountain Pens: Pelikan Souveran M805, Pelikan Petrol-Marble M205, Santini Libra Cumberland, Waterman Expert II, Waterman Phileas, Waterman Kultur, Stipula Splash, Sheaffer Sagaris, Sheaffer Prelude, Osmiroid 65

Another endorsement here. I've bought from them for years (despite being on the other side of the pond) and have always had exemplary service.

Thank you for the input, I was hesitant, but your comments gave me confidence.

Regards,

Arthur

The worst experience I had with Blick was when I ordered a somewhat large Derwent sketch/drawing set.

Whoever pulled the item from the shelves didn't bother to read that the thin cardboard box held TWO tins, not one.

I contacted Blick to inform them 1) their stock is probably running lower than expected if the pickers were routinely sending out two-packs, 2) I wasn't going to absorb the cost of return shipping ($10 on a $20 set?)

They told me to just keep the second set, and thanked me for advising them of the stock condition. {I later donated that second set to the charity auction at a furry convention -- I think it sold for more than the Blick list price}

Don't know about now, but in the past Blick was a major supplier of school arts&crafts supplies (poster paint, construction paper, etc.)

We have a couple of stores here in SF, so I have shopped there as well as ordering stuff online. The in-person staff have been friendly and helpful. I never had a problem with the online orders so I haven't had a chance to test their customer service on that front. I would certainly use them again, if they carried something I was looking for. 

I mostly don't use their website. I have gone in their Pittsburgh store a few times (it's in the next block from a stationery/bookstore/novelty shop I like).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."