Back to the basic - Moonman C3

Mech-for-i

29 minutes ago, Dione said:

I disagree that they would use perspective or Photoshop to change the picture of the pen so significantly.

Why?

29 minutes ago, Dione said:

The barrel on the pen on the left is obviously shorter and has a nicely faceted end without the dark end on the other pen.

You mean the circled part here?:

1579740549_Screenshot_20210519-131850_SamsungInternetBeta_compress0.thumb.jpg.97c004c89603c0f9d4cb28c36a6ea698.jpg

The C3 does have that, it's just harder to see with the dark end.

You can look up pictures of the clear transparent version of the C3, it's easier to spot there.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Licue

• A Smug Dill

• ethernautrix

• Mech-for-i

49 minutes ago, Dione said:

I gave my reason

Oh well, keep believing then.

It's pretty obvious both of the pens are C3.

Guys, it has been photoshopped. Licue is correct. Both C3s.  Here is an image from ebay seller chacewang:

Image 2 - Mojiang C3 Transparent Resin Fountain Pen Extra Fine Nib 0.5/0.38mm Dopper Gift

Pen on the left seems to have the blue tinted cap but a clear barrel. Same model, though.

So is it safe to assume that sellers in eBay/AliExpress who are selling this pen as anything other than a Moonman are in fact selling fakes?

1 hour ago, ext23 said:

So is it safe to assume that sellers in eBay/AliExpress who are selling this pen as anything other than a Moonman are in fact selling fakes?

Fakes of what specifically, or in what way? Something pretending to be Moonman when it isn't? Or something that is indeed Moonman but pretending to be Faber-Castell, Kaweco, Leonardo Officina Italiana, etc.?

Anyway, Mojiang is Moonman and vice versa, so if you see the pen model being listed as being of the Mojiang brand, there's nothing deceptive about it.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

44 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

Anyway, Mojiang is Moonman and vice versa, so if you see the pen model being listed as being of the Mojiang brand, there's nothing deceptive about it.

Well, considering it's often combined with photoshopped pictures, imo it can be seen as kinda deceptive or misleading. Even if it's not their goal to deceive customers, but just a way to avoid Kaweco's wrath 😉

At the very least it's confusing without the background infos.

Btw, are there any actual Moonman fakes or look-a-likes (= of Moonman FPs, not by Moonman..) except for the M2?

2 hours ago, Licue said:

Btw, are there any actual Moonman fakes or look-a-likes (= of Moonman FPs, not by Moonman..) except for the M2?

I asked because I found this on AliExpress and the seller told me it was their "own brand." 

16 minutes ago, ext23 said:

I asked because I found this on AliExpress and the seller told me it was their "own brand." 

Then I'd say the information proffered by the seller is being deceptive, if they do not identify as and/or officially represent Moonman. In the listing's product images, the nibs fitted on the pens are clearly Moonman nibs, and the ‘frosted’ plastic box as retail packaging housing the pen has the Moonman name imprinted on it. The product itself that the buyer would get, though, is unlikely to be a fake of any sort.

4 hours ago, ext23 said:

2 hours ago, Licue said:

Well, considering it's often combined with photoshopped pictures, imo it can be seen as kinda deceptive or misleading.

That is completely irrelevant to my statement regarding the case where the product is being listed as bearing the Mojiang brand instead of Moonman, and also does not make the product being sold ‘fakes’.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

32 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

That is completely irrelevant to my statement regarding the case where the product is being listed as bearing the Mojiang brand instead of Moonman, and also does not make the product being sold ‘fakes’.

I did not claim that it makes the product a fake.

But I stand by calling it somewhat misleading when a seller switches to a so far unknown version of the brand's name and especially when it's in combination with photoshopped pictures.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my C3 the other day, I love it! The tines took a bit of work to get them writing smoothly (I got an EF) but now it puts down a solid line.

IMG_20210601_201504_2.jpg

IMG_20210601_203052_2.jpg