Who wants a Lamy Studio Black

Hello I am looking to see who might want a studio this isnt for people who have a massive collection.  I would like to get someone who is looking for a good pen to start a lifelong hobby feel free to hit me up with your entry and I will keep you posted.  Winner will be announced on the 25th and  the price is do a good deed for someone in need I am holding to the honor system!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mar_

• LafterND

• N1003U

• Just J

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would appreciate an entry. Jinhaos seem to be my main brand right now of the few pens I've got. I would love to explore. Sadly my bilfold couldn't support it.

Could you post a few photos of the pen perhaps?

I main my Jinhao x750 the most due to its size and weight, and I'm not too familiar with the studio. I'll be doing some research. May I ask how you how you like the pen? and to aid my curiosity, what is putting you to giving away this pen? 

MAR Watermark.png
fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Indiana . USA

On 5/5/2021 at 1:59 AM, LafterND said:

Hello I am looking to see who might want a studio this isnt for people who have a massive collection.  I would like to get someone who is looking for a good pen to start a lifelong hobby feel free to hit me up with your entry and I will keep you posted.  Winner will be announced on the 25th and  the price is do a good deed for someone in need I am holding to the honor system!

Not putting my name in the hat, just chiming in to say thanks for doing this--that's a nice pen!

20 minutes ago, Arkanabar said:

I don't know if the OP has this model, or perhaps one of those with a metallic section.

I'd expect the Lamy Studio in black is the one with the more common glossy (and bulging) chromed metal section, not the Lamy Studio Lx All Black.

I have the Studio Aquamarine with the bulging chromed section, and it just doesn't agree with me (although not as unmanageably as the one on the Cross Peerless 125), so my wife who likes that kind of colour has graciously taken it into her custody, and let me keep the two Lamy SLABs (which I love).

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Not an entry, but just thanks for such a great PIF. I have the terracotta Studio, love it, and promised myself that it is the only Studio I need, no matter how tempted I am by other other colors. (Although I would love a gold nibbed one!)

The winner is sure to enjoy it! 

It is a wonderful gesture at your end to part away with a Lamy Studio. I would like to enter my name...

I’d like to enter.  Just taking up fountain pens again after I broke the Parker 45 in 1972. The one my parents gave me in 1968 when I started high school.

I have a Pilot V, a Jinhao x450 and 2 Chinese Safari knockoffs.

On 5/10/2021 at 5:16 AM, A Smug Dill said:

"...has graciously taken it into her custody, and let me keep the two Lamy SLABs..."

I love that! (now that my ribs are letting me breathe again!)  LOL'd 

Ever notice that all the instruments looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? 

~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~

If I said I'll fix it, I will. There's no need to remind me every six months. 

~ 

Hardly ever get a chance at a nice free pen, and it's one I likely wouldn't have bought so yeah, I'd love to have it. Kind deed done....this week I had just cashed my Stimulus check & was feeling a little generous so, as we pulled out of the strip mall where my bank is located, I called over and handed a hundred dollar bill to the old gal who panhandles on that corner, after telling my caretaker "she will DIE when she sees this!" Guess what? She took it, mumbled something & turned away, shoving it into her pants pocket without even looking at it!  How's that for taking all the fun out of doing something nice for someone! LOL. 

Ever notice that all the instruments looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth? 

~ 

On 5/10/2021 at 4:50 AM, Arkanabar said:

From the Lamy website, an all-black studio:

spacer.png

I don't know if the OP has this model, or perhaps one of those with a metallic section.

spacer.png

Lamy just isn't my brand, and I already have more pens than I want.

It is the later one with the chrome grip

First off, thank you for your generosity! I'd like to enter with plans to give this pen to one of my friends who has recently started getting into fountain pens 2 months ago. They are actually saving up money to buy this very pen!

As for good deeds, I'm currently working in a lab and we have a visiting scholar from Germany. With all of the COVID restrictions, I have been feeling quite sad for him and his family as they have been here for 6 months (they are only here for one year), but have not been able explore the city. So, to help them have a little bit of fun at home, I'm having some food from a favorite local restaurant delivered to their house tonight for supper! :)

Hello. I would love a Lamy studio. I have actually been setting aside a little money to buy one for myself for Father’s Day (would be my first “next level pen”) but my wife got a very bad call from her doctor last week and I’ve decided to use that money to do something for her instead. So this post was rather serendipitous. Regardless of who you decide to gift pif this pen to though, I have to say thank you for your generosity. I’ve always loved fountain pens but only recently started getting into the hobby aspect and acts like this really exemplify the community :)

With all due respect, and the knowledge my 'winning' your generous offering is slim-to-molecular at best, please drop my name from consideration.   

~ 

I am going to throw all the names in a random name drawer and whoever wins I will PM

1 hour ago, LafterND said:

I am going to throw all the names in a random name drawer and whoever wins I will PM

Aww. we won't know who wins?

MAR Watermark.png
fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Indiana . USA