Ambitious Nib Group Buy -Round 3 -2021

Since I was going to place a good sized order that may be needed to reach the minumum amounts, I need to figure this out first.  The only way to transfer money from a US bank to an Indian bank is a wire transfer through the SWIFT system, which will cost me $25 and there is a good chance the Indian bank will charge a similar amount.  That makes this an unreasonable cost for me.  Bank to bank transfers only make financial sense when both banks are part of the same domestic banking system. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Echowind

• Warroom

• Rewpert

• Sharad Pratap

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Echowind Thank you for the update and for continuing to work on this project. It is very good to see the Titanium nibs added to the Group Buy. I will be sure to add some to my order. Is there any word on what the minimum order number will be for the Titanium nibs?

@lascosas I share your concerns about the potential additional costs involved for buyers outside of India. If Mr Atul of Ambitious is not able to provide a more agreeable means of paying than by costly international bank transfer, might it be worth discussing international buyers paying via a local intermediary (that is, someone based in India who is both very trustworthy and has a Paypal account)?

I too think the payment method needs to be better established, I have no idea at present what it would take to make a bank transfer to India but certainly I'd prefer not to have to pay a hefty sum just to allow me to pay...

There are other Indian producers that have paypal accounts.

One thing that possibly should be better clarified is also this:

4) 40mm Gold finish full unit (EF, F, B )=== minimum 100 units

4) 40mm  Gold finish full unit (with feed and housing):

a) EF: Rs 210 + GST Tax        

b) F: Rs 165 + GST Tax             

c) B: Rs 190 + GST Tax

Perhaps it's a silly question as it may have slipped me, but what housing do we get when ordering this?

What threading?

thanks

I'll have to clarify the 40mm unit threading part. 

Regarding members complaints regarding paypal etc, please remember that Ambitious did not use Paypal or any other international transfer mode of payment . It's not right to blame them for the payment mode issues this time.

Please note that for all the previous group-buys done by Mr. Mehandiratta , all payments were made to him by the members and that total amount was then transferred to Ambitious in one go within India. 

( I'm sure he had quite a hard time dealing with all the hassles and issues, especially with people not paying for the their Orders even though he paid the total combined order amount.)

I can't accept Paypal currently due to my current circumstances as this is a big sum involved.  

I'll see what I can do to help international buyers, but it will take a some time to find a solution (if possible). 

I thank you very much for all of the effort you have put into this, and I do not blame anyone.  I just wanted to ensure that I did not cause problems with reaching the minimum order amounts.  While I very much still stand by my commitment to purchase the items I listed on page one,  I simply needed to alert you that inter-bank transfers between the US and India aren't an option for me.  You were kind enough to suggest a possible work-around, but that will not work for me.

I would like to place an order too

4*40mm*Fine

2*40mm*Fine,full units

On 6/4/2022 at 12:14 PM, Echowind said:

I'll have to clarify the 40mm unit threading part. 

Regarding members complaints regarding paypal etc, please remember that Ambitious did not use Paypal or any other international transfer mode of payment . It's not right to blame them for the payment mode issues this time.

Please note that for all the previous group-buys done by Mr. Mehandiratta , all payments were made to him by the members and that total amount was then transferred to Ambitious in one go within India. 

( I'm sure he had quite a hard time dealing with all the hassles and issues, especially with people not paying for the their Orders even though he paid the total combined order amount.)

I can't accept Paypal currently due to my current circumstances as this is a big sum involved.  

I'll see what I can do to help international buyers, but it will take a some time to find a solution (if possible). 

Of course I'm not blaming Ambitious for not using Paypal, all I'm saying is that depending on the type of purchase, it may or may not be worth confirming order, if the payment method will set a high expense for the buyer (lascosas comment clarifies).

I've just checked with my bank and it seems that an international bank transfer to India would cost me Euro 26...

And unfortunately, I think you will find that the bank receiving the wire will also charge.

Unless the prices suddenly change, or shipping to an Indian address suddenly becomes ridiculously expensive, here's my order:

2*35mm*M

1*35mm*B

1*40mm*F, Full unit

1*40mm*B, Full unit

1*40mm * B

1 Ebonite feed for the 40 mm B, if available.

5 hours ago, Echowind said:

Great News, 35mm and 40mm nibs have reached the minimum quantity.

I assume that is the Steel nibs only? How are things looking for the various 14kt, 18kt, and Titanium nibs?

Currently the gold nibs have not met the MOQ yet.

However there maybe a production of 18K gold nibs on the company's side , so the 18K may pass through with a lower order number. 

Those who wish to order the 18K gold nib may do so.

Please note the last day for accepting orders is June 30th.

• 2 weeks later...

Good News for International Buyers, I've managed to arrange the paypal payment option.

For those who are interested please place the order by end of today.

The 40mm 14K gold nib has not met the minimum order quantity and will be cancelled from the list.

The 40mm 18K will most probably make it through, (will confirm this by end of today)

I'll be sending messages to those that have already ordered for confirmation and any modifications.  

As a final note, today is the last day for accepting nib orders.

Either from 2nd or 3rd July Payment info messages will be sent for the placed orders.

I would like to place the following order:

5*40mm  Gold finish full unit (with feed and housing) B width

I would like a GST invoice with my company GSTIN for chargeback Thanks.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I have sent payment info emails to the local members within India who have placed their order.

For International orders , payment info will be sent soon. 

Those who have not received the emails please message me regarding this issue. 

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates on the shipping/ delivery?

• 4 weeks later...

An update:

I sincerely apologize to the members who have ordered items for the delay.

This is due to the processing the paypal Invoices part for international orders.

The person who's helping me with the paypal part is having a slight medical issue.

The payment has to be made in full for the entire order list for the processing to start.

However, for the local orders ,I'll check and see if something can be done .   

Once again, Apologies from my side.

I'll try to expedite things as soon as possible.

• 3 months later...

@Echowind ,first of all, forgive the aggressive tone... But its been far too long since doing the payment that (i can speak for most folks around here who've done the payment) I'm starting to think I've been scooped... one of the key things in building trust is giving timely updates. And I'm afraid I'm losing trust with you... If ambitious themselves isn't responding, just tell us they aren't. I've mailed you about 2 weeks ago and you've yet to reply. If you're seeing this, I'd suggest replying to the mail here itself. Let others know what's going on between you and ambitious.

On the other hand, if you were out due to personal or other emergencies, then I sincerely apologize for my ignorance.

regards

Aravind

If you wish to contact me you can via

Mail: aravindap@protonmail.com