Ambitious Nib Group Buy -Round 3 -2021

1 hour ago, sansenri said:

Thank you so much.

Let's focus for the moment on the "nib size", meaning by that the needed housing for these nibs.

My understanding is that "nib size" (in the modern definition of it) is the diameter of the bore the nib needs to go into, measured in mm.

Said in a different way, if you take the curvature of the nib and you continue the circle, the diameter of that circle is the nib size in mm.

This also means that the feed used must be the same size diameter.

This also means, if you want to fit such nib in a nib housing, the internal bore of the nib housing needs to be the same size diameter.

May I also disagree, at this point, regarding the fact that "Converter or eyedropper is a question of pen design rather than nib size".

This is not precisely so, if you want to fit (for example) a size 6 nib in a converter pen, the inside of the nib housing will be size 6, but the bore in which the housing screws into will be somewhat wider! additional space is needed for the housing.

While if you want to fit a size 6 nib in an eyedropper pen, the size of the bore in the section must be size 6!

I do understand that Ambitious calls its nibs by the length, not the "nib size"...

So an Ambitious 35 nib is 35 mm long

and an Ambitious 40 nib is 40 mm long.

But what about the diameter they fit into?

It has been mentioned that an Ambitious 35 nib fits a Bock or Jowo size 6 housing, that means that the diameter of the curvature of the nib is 6 mm, which brings me to conclude that the Ambitious 35 nib is a size 6 nib.

Regarding the Ambitious 40 nib however, you and Aravind are saying different things.

You mention that " the 35mm and 40mm nib units are not interchangeable" (although you do not explain why). 

You also suggest "If most of your fountain pens have #6 Jowo nibs in them, you should consider ordering 35mm Ambitious nibs in Jowo housings as potential replacements."

But you misunderstand my objective, yes I do own pens with #6 jowo nibs, but I am not looking for replacement nibs!!

What I want to do is use an Ambitious no. 40 nib! whatever it takes.

You also mention that "Housings are based on the thread pattern you want to use. Ambitious offers both Bock and Jowo compatible housings." However you do not say what size housing is needed for an Ambitious 40 nib.

OK, yes, suppose I want a Bock compatible housing, BUT SIZE 8!

(I have a pen with a Bock size 8 nib, can I replace it with an Ambitious 40 nib in Bock #8 housing?)

So the real question is: does an Ambitious no. 40 nib fit a size 8 Bock housing?

If it does, it means an Ambitious no. 40 nib is a size 8 nib!

Aravind seems to be convinced of the contrary

he says "Ambitious nibs are 40mm long and sit on a 6.3mm diameter feed... the diameter of the feed is the same as a No.35/No.6 nib, but the length of the nib, from tip to base is closer to a No.8 size nib. "

So according to Aravind (forget for the time being the lenght of the nib or the width of the nib shoulder to shoulder) an Ambitious no. 40 nib is a size 6 nib.

Aravind says that despite the Ambitious no. 40 nib uses the same size feed as a size 6 nib, however the housing used is larger...

this already puzzles me as if the Ambitious 40 nib is size 6, why should it need a larger housing? and the feed? would it still be a size 6 feed?

Suppose I want to buy a loose Ambitious 40 nib (such as from the group buy that was recently on), and suppose I want to use this nib in an eyedropper pen, so friction fit the nib directly into the section with its feed.

What size should the bore in the section be? what size should the feed be?

I know that a "big" nib like the Ambitions 40 nib will need space in the cap, but that is a second step, first I want to understand how to fit the nib in the pen, then build the pen around it, sort of.

THANKS!

To give you a TLDR version of my answer, "the housing of ambitious no.40 nib is. The same size as a no.8 housing from bock or jowo. But the nibs aren't interchangeable ie, no.40 nib and no.8 nibs can't be interchanged due to the feed diameter."

If you've noticed the picture I've given, you'll notice, that the base curve of 35 and 40 nibs are the same, thus needing the 6mm feed. But the 40 is longer and is flared significantly more than the no.35 nib. Thus a wider housing is required for the nib unit...

Regarding how the nib fits, the no.40 nib won't fit in a standard no.6/no.35 nib unit. Due to its peculiar dimension, flare up and length. But the flare is similar to a no.8 nib... So any pen that fits a no.8 nib will fit the no.40 nib.

On the other hand, if you want to friction fit a no.40 nib on what I'll presume will be an indian eyedropper with a no.35/no.40

nib over an ebonite feed, the bore dimensions need to be different. Otherwise the nib will be jutting out too much and I doubt it'll cap. It'll be better to ask @hari317 if you want correct dimensions to friction fit a no.40 nib on such pen.

Hope this brings some clarity

If you wish to contact me you can via

Mail: aravindap@protonmail.com

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Echowind

• Warroom

• Rewpert

• Sharad Pratap

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, so assuming I get an Ambitious no. 40 nib already mounted in the size #8 Bock housing this could go straight into my pen which mounts the Bock size 8 (it's a Ranga Splendour for the record).

This is one thing clarified, as in Hari's photo it is evident that the housing is larger, but so far no-one had confirmed that it is actually a size 8 ("proprietary" could mean 7.5 for all I know...).

In such case I will not need the nib to be interchangeable with anything else, except swapping from Bock to Ambitious nibs just by unscrewing the housing, since both nibs are mounted in a Bock #8 housing.

I did look at your picture (which was also posted before), but it was not so obvious that the curvature is the same as size 6, which is why I asked for confirmation.

OK no issue I do not want the Ambitious no. 40 to go into a size 6 housing, I do understand the rest of the nib shape is too big in any case to fit in pens that mount size 6.

Regarding the eventuality of fitting the Ambitious 40 in eyedropper, I'll probably check directly with Mr Kandan at Ranga, I believe they have used Ambitious before but I am not sure if they have ever done so in eyedropper.

At any rate thank you, things look clearer now.

One more question, assuming I wanted to buy just the nib, feed and size 8 Bock housing all ready to go into my Splendour, where would you start asking?

With thanks 🙏

45 minutes ago, sansenri said:

Ok, so assuming I get an Ambitious no. 40 nib already mounted in the size #8 Bock housing this could go straight into my pen which mounts the Bock size 8 (it's a Ranga Splendour for the record).

This is one thing clarified, as in Hari's photo it is evident that the housing is larger, but so far no-one had confirmed that it is actually a size 8 ("proprietary" could mean 7.5 for all I know...).

In such case I will not need the nib to be interchangeable with anything else, except swapping from Bock to Ambitious nibs just by unscrewing the housing, since both nibs are mounted in a Bock #8 housing.

I did look at your picture (which was also posted before), but it was not so obvious that the curvature is the same as size 6, which is why I asked for confirmation.

OK no issue I do not want the Ambitious no. 40 to go into a size 6 housing, I do understand the rest of the nib shape is too big in any case to fit in pens that mount size 6.

Regarding the eventuality of fitting the Ambitious 40 in eyedropper, I'll probably check directly with Mr Kandan at Ranga, I believe they have used Ambitious before but I am not sure if they have ever done so in eyedropper.

At any rate thank you, things look clearer now.

One more question, assuming I wanted to buy just the nib, feed and size 8 Bock housing all ready to go into my Splendour, where would you start asking?

With thanks 🙏

You can contact the folks at woodex as I believe they have a model with a friction fit no.40 nib pm me if you want the contact or look up the woodex thread in India and subcontinent section for the contact info.

Regarding your final question, you might as well contact mr. Kandan for that... If the splendour comes with a no.8 nib, it'll fit the no.40 nib. You might as well just ask if they can send you a section threaded for the ambitious no.40 nib unit... I can't say this for sure as I haven't bought anything from them and I don't know if they sell individual parts as is, but they do just provide the pen with the appropriate threading so that you could fit your own nib unit... But hey, asking them ain't gonna hurt donnit?

Thank you Aravind, I'll ask Ranga, and then if they cannot source it I'll ask Woodex. I'll let you know if I need contacts, thanks!

On 4/24/2022 at 7:54 AM, sansenri said:

Thank you so much.

Let's focus for the moment on the "nib size", meaning by that the needed housing for these nibs.

My understanding is that "nib size" (in the modern definition of it) is the diameter of the bore the nib needs to go into, measured in mm.

Said in a different way, if you take the curvature of the nib and you continue the circle, the diameter of that circle is the nib size in mm.

This also means that the feed used must be the same size diameter.

This also means, if you want to fit such nib in a nib housing, the internal bore of the nib housing needs to be the same size diameter.

May I also disagree, at this point, regarding the fact that "Converter or eyedropper is a question of pen design rather than nib size".

This is not precisely so, if you want to fit (for example) a size 6 nib in a converter pen, the inside of the nib housing will be size 6, but the bore in which the housing screws into will be somewhat wider! additional space is needed for the housing.

While if you want to fit a size 6 nib in an eyedropper pen, the size of the bore in the section must be size 6!

I do understand that Ambitious calls its nibs by the length, not the "nib size"...

So an Ambitious 35 nib is 35 mm long

and an Ambitious 40 nib is 40 mm long.

But what about the diameter they fit into?

It has been mentioned that an Ambitious 35 nib fits a Bock or Jowo size 6 housing, that means that the diameter of the curvature of the nib is 6 mm, which brings me to conclude that the Ambitious 35 nib is a size 6 nib.

Regarding the Ambitious 40 nib however, you and Aravind are saying different things.

You mention that " the 35mm and 40mm nib units are not interchangeable" (although you do not explain why). 

You also suggest "If most of your fountain pens have #6 Jowo nibs in them, you should consider ordering 35mm Ambitious nibs in Jowo housings as potential replacements."

But you misunderstand my objective, yes I do own pens with #6 jowo nibs, but I am not looking for replacement nibs!!

What I want to do is use an Ambitious no. 40 nib! whatever it takes.

You also mention that "Housings are based on the thread pattern you want to use. Ambitious offers both Bock and Jowo compatible housings." However you do not say what size housing is needed for an Ambitious 40 nib.

OK, yes, suppose I want a Bock compatible housing, BUT SIZE 8!

(I have a pen with a Bock size 8 nib, can I replace it with an Ambitious 40 nib in Bock #8 housing?)

So the real question is: does an Ambitious no. 40 nib fit a size 8 Bock housing?

If it does, it means an Ambitious no. 40 nib is a size 8 nib!

Aravind seems to be convinced of the contrary

he says "Ambitious nibs are 40mm long and sit on a 6.3mm diameter feed... the diameter of the feed is the same as a No.35/No.6 nib, but the length of the nib, from tip to base is closer to a No.8 size nib. "

So according to Aravind (forget for the time being the lenght of the nib or the width of the nib shoulder to shoulder) an Ambitious no. 40 nib is a size 6 nib.

Aravind says that despite the Ambitious no. 40 nib uses the same size feed as a size 6 nib, however the housing used is larger...

this already puzzles me as if the Ambitious 40 nib is size 6, why should it need a larger housing? and the feed? would it still be a size 6 feed?

Suppose I want to buy a loose Ambitious 40 nib (such as from the group buy that was recently on), and suppose I want to use this nib in an eyedropper pen, so friction fit the nib directly into the section with its feed.

What size should the bore in the section be? what size should the feed be?

I know that a "big" nib like the Ambitions 40 nib will need space in the cap, but that is a second step, first I want to understand how to fit the nib in the pen, then build the pen around it, sort of.

THANKS!

I've attached three pictures that I hope demystify these nibs. 

The 1st is a side by side composite that shows a stock photo of the Bock 380 in titanium along side my 40mm Ambitious nib. I captured the wrong angle in the photo. However, please note the size and shape of the actual housings. The Ambitious Bock compatible housing is dimensionally similar to the Bock original. There are no significant differences in the length, width or threading. While not identical, I have every reason to believe that they are interchangeable. I don't own a Bock 380 nib. I haven't actually swapped them out.

To your question: Will an Ambitious 40mm nib will work well in a Bock Housing with a Bock feed - my comment is: I doubt it. The feeders are significantly different. My guess is that there might be interference issues associated with fitting the 40mm nib. Given the cost of the Bock 380 nibs, I personally wouldn't take the risk of destroying a nib unit by manipulating the housing/feeder to work with a nib that's 1/4 the cost. The Bock or Jowo compatible Ambitious housing is 50 cents. I'm not sure there is a valid reason to explore this option.

The second set of pictures are of a Bock 250 and Ambitious 35mm nib with Bock compatible housing. Again, the Ambitious Bock compatible housing is dimensionally similar to the Bock original. There are no significant differences in the length, width or threading. The feeders are slightly different. However, they are both 6mm and virtually identical in length. The 35mm Ambitious nibs work in the Bock 250 housing with no issues. I've swapped the original Bock nib/housings for Ambitious 35mm nibs/housings in about a dozen pens. They are interchangeable with no restrictions.  

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

IMG_0250 (2).jpg

IMG_0254 (2).jpg

Bock 380 Titanium - Copy.jpg

On 4/26/2022 at 5:11 AM, Warroom said:

The 1st is a side by side composite that shows a stock photo of the Bock 380 in titanium along side my 40mm Ambitious nib. I captured the wrong angle in the photo. However, please note the size and shape of the actual housings. The Ambitious Bock compatible housing is dimensionally similar to the Bock original. There are no significant differences in the length, width or threading. While not identical, I have every reason to believe that they are interchangeable. I don't own a Bock 380 nib. I haven't actually swapped them out.

every dimension is different including the thread specs. The Ambitious no 40 nib unit will NOT fit into a section for Bock 380 nib unit and vice versa.

You can actually ask Manoj Deshmukh since he has made the pens for you. Ask him if the Ambitious no 40 nib unit is interchangeable with the Bock 380 nib unit.

Pls note that nib exposed length of the Ambitious no 40 nib unit is just about 23mm as compared to 25-26mm for the Bock 380. you have to account for this while compositing the two images. 

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Thank you Warroom, thank you Hari, for trying to clarify my doubts.

For the moment my only pen with a Bock #8 threading is a Ranga Splendour and it has been fitted with a screw in Bock #8  14k F nib (which is of course wonderful).

large.1667736827_P1200755-3RangaSplendourred.jpg.ac57adf69c21f53084fa85ad114e9d7d.jpg

It's not that I want to dismantle a perfectly working gold nib to get hold of the housing and fit a steel nib in it... (it would be silly, but on the other hand, we tinkerers are unpredictable...), fact is however that I also own a size 8 Bock Titanium nib that is not to my liking and might be a candidate for some testing, if I recover feed and housing.

Nonetheless, both of you, are doubting or implying that an Ambitious no. 40 nib would not fit in it, so there goes my testing plans...

Hari goes to the extent of saying that every dimension of a housing holding an Ambitious no. 40 nib is different from that of a Bock housing, including different threading, so getting such Ambitious no. 40 nib with housing is not an option for my Ranga Splendour.

The proposed option (I know you had mentioned already Hari, I apologize, I don't want to seem stubborn, but just wanted to understand all the details) is therefore to have a pen specifically made and threaded for the Ambitious no. 40 housing, which might well be what I will do with one of my next ebonite pens.

Thank you so much!

On 5/1/2022 at 2:53 PM, sansenri said:

Hari goes to the extent of saying that every dimension of a housing holding an Ambitious no. 40 nib is different from that of a Bock housing, including different threading, so getting such Ambitious no. 40 nib with housing is not an option for my Ranga Splendour.

That’s right. 

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Thank you for sorting out my doubts Hari.

I'm starting to think that getting some Ambitious no. 40 nibs without any corresponding feeds or housing from this group buy is not going to take me anywhere...
I think it all stems from a misunderstanding there seems to be regarding the definition of "International nib size".

For a start, although Echowind initially declares (second post) regarding nib sizes

"1) 35mm Nib:  International Size 6 

2) 40mm Gold finish Nib (Gold Plated):  International Size 8"

he then later (August 2021) claims that

"35mm and 40mm  represents the length of the nib.

The feed used is a 6.35mm feed."

According to my understanding "international size" indicates the diameter of the bore in which the nude nib fits, measured in millimeters, so a size 6 nibs fits a 6 mm bore, and size 8 nibs fit in a 8 mm bore.
Various members of this forum do in fact dissent that an Ambitious no. 40 nib is a size 8 nib.

In his third post Echowind further states

Nib Conversion size reference:

"1) 35mm Nib:  International Size 6  , International Size No. 250 

(Ambitious 35mm Nib width: 8.20-8.90 mm)

2) 40mm Gold finish Nib (Gold Plated):  International Size 8, International Size No. 380 

(Ambitious 40mm Nib width: 9.1-9.8 mm)"

These measurements look odd to me, and I don't quite understand what measurings are considered when stating "width" (width of what, measured where?, an image would help to understand).

My understanding of international nib size however is that "International nib size" corresponds to the diameter measured in mm of the "hole" (i.e. the diameter of the circumference of the hole) in the section in which the nib has to go (I'm talking of friction fitting the nib in eyedropper configuration here, just to be clear, and exclude any misunderstanding brought about by presence of the nib housing).

So my understanding is this, where the red line is the diameter of the hole

large.1116546846_nibsizeinmm.jpg.a7f4191aa6052ab9c825cd402be8fe1b.jpg

in a similar manner, size 8 feeds are feeds which have a diameter of 8 mm

and size 8 nibs are nibs in which, if you consider the curvature of the nib, and complete the circumference which has the same radius, the diameter is 8 mm.

So in practice when Echowind says "The feed used is a 6.35mm feed" he is saying the feed is size 6 and the nib that goes with it is also size 6...

I do however understand what is happening when these nibs are mounted in a housing, depending on the type of housing these nibs are either mounted in a size 6 housing or in a size 8 housing!
That however does not make them size 8 nibs...

The picture posted by Warroom shows this rather clearly,

the nib is the same! but the housing used are different, in the first case on the left the nib is shoved in deep, so that it actually fills a larger housing (I assume size 8 ) while in the second case on the right the nib is fitted in its original curvature, i.e. 6 mm diameter (size 6 housing).
original-211472f1-64ce-41b5-b6fc-5bdffa292737.jpeg

original-bfc68dfd-ffa8-41b3-aa38-6f9f00775a77.jpeg

With what feed the nib is fitted into a size 8 housing, I don't know.

Without such housing, I doubt that it would be easy to exploit this nib, unless it is used in eyedropper, then I assume that it could fit in any size 6 "hole"...
The problem then becomes whether the cap is large enough to accommodate such a large nib (shoulder to shoulder)

but that in my opinion is a different matter altogether, yes, it has to do with "nib size" but NOT with "international nib size"...

(just as an example, there are other nibs that have different size but same international size, consider a Bock 060 nib and a bock 076 nib, they are both international size 5, but different geometric size)

9 hours ago, sansenri said:

I think it all stems from a misunderstanding there seems to be regarding the definition of "International nib size".

The most fundamental misunderstanding is the belief that there is something called an “ international nib size”. 

there is no such thing. 

the so called no 6 nib units  nibs and feeders have different dimensions. They never interchange. Similarly Bock 380 and Jowo 51/3 ( their “no 8”) won’t interchange on any component. No nib company worth their salt sells a nib unit which “ they” call no 6...

They have more elaborate descriptors. Like bock 250 and bock 220. By your “ definition” both are no 6. But there are two models. So a “ no 6 “ or “ no 8” type descriptor has little use to people who actually specify or design or use these nibs. JoWo has even more elaborate nib unit model descriptors. I hope this helps. 

Dear Hari,
I respect what you say, but I respectfully disagree.

Please FORGET the nib units for a moment. I'm talking of the sole nibs.

In Europe it is normal to catalogue nibs according to international size (which just defines the diameter the bare nibs fit in), but surely no company calls them by international size, every company uses their own internal codes, and most companies sell their nibs already fitted in a housing which is proprietary anyway.

The fact that the nibs themselves have different external dimensions does not change the fact that they can be same international size, if this defines just the diameter they fit in.

A bock 060 nib and a Bock 076 nib are different external sizes, but they both fit in a 5mm diameter hole (the bare nibs!). So they are size 5 nibs.

If you pull a 060 nib and feed from its housing and a 076 nib and feed from its housing, you can swap the 060 nib and feed in the housing of the 076, and viceversa. The reason is because they are the same international size (although their geometric size is different, one is smaller/shorter one is bigger/longer).

The majority of modern nibs made in EU are either size 5, 6 or 8. They fit diameter 5 mm, 6mm, 8mm (I'm still talking of the bare nibs!) , the rest of the nib can differ greatly,

so the fact you cannot swap them around easily from one housing to the other depends on other factors, like the length, the width between the shoulders., the peculiarities of the feeds they match with.

A Bock #6 and a Jowo #6 are both size 6 nibs... I don't think that can be questioned. Can you swap them around? Generally no.

They still both fit a 6 mm section hole, so they are both size 6 nibs. That's all I'm saying.

On 5/6/2022 at 12:58 PM, sansenri said:

Dear Hari,
I respect what you say, but I respectfully disagree.

Please FORGET the nib units for a moment. I'm talking of the sole nibs.

In Europe it is normal to catalogue nibs according to international size (which just defines the diameter the bare nibs fit in), but surely no company calls them by international size, every company uses their own internal codes, and most companies sell their nibs already fitted in a housing which is proprietary anyway.

The fact that the nibs themselves have different external dimensions does not change the fact that they can be same international size, if this defines just the diameter they fit in.

A bock 060 nib and a Bock 076 nib are different external sizes, but they both fit in a 5mm diameter hole (the bare nibs!). So they are size 5 nibs.

If you pull a 060 nib and feed from its housing and a 076 nib and feed from its housing, you can swap the 060 nib and feed in the housing of the 076, and viceversa. The reason is because they are the same international size (although their geometric size is different, one is smaller/shorter one is bigger/longer).

The majority of modern nibs made in EU are either size 5, 6 or 8. They fit diameter 5 mm, 6mm, 8mm (I'm still talking of the bare nibs!) , the rest of the nib can differ greatly,

so the fact you cannot swap them around easily from one housing to the other depends on other factors, like the length, the width between the shoulders., the peculiarities of the feeds they match with.

A Bock #6 and a Jowo #6 are both size 6 nibs... I don't think that can be questioned. Can you swap them around? Generally no.

They still both fit a 6 mm section hole, so they are both size 6 nibs. That's all I'm saying.

I thought I'd share this note from Mr. Atul Charla - Director - AMBITIOUS PENS that I received yesterday.

" - Our size 35 housings are the same dimensions as Bock 250.
- Our size 40 does not fit with a # 8 bock or JoWo unit as the tail dimensions have been modified to adapt to a 6 mm feeder.
- But we can make # 40 nibs which will fit Bock and Jowo 8 mm diameter feeder and housing."

If you are interested in having them make a 40mm nib to fit your housing, let me know. I'll enquire about price and turn around time.

Best

Thank you very much Warroom, that clarifies once and for all that an Ambitious no. 40 nib is not an "international" size 8 nib, it will not fit in a 8mm diameter section with an 8mm feeder when fitted in eyedropper, and that on the other hand it will fit a 6mm diameter section with, and I quote, "a 6mm feeder", when fitted in eyedropper.

This is very useful final confirmation for anyone in this group buy, buying sole Ambitious no. 40 nibs, without any feeds (as it provides the size of the feed that needs to be used).

How it will fit in a nib housing, is totally another matter, and I think in one of the threads involving Indian pens, I believe in the Woodex thread, you posted a picture that shows the Ambitious no. 40 nib fitted in two different size housing, i.e. this one

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2021_09/original-211472f1-64ce-41b5-b6fc-5bdffa292737.thumb.jpeg.e00196de9019b4fb4a25a62366357401.jpeg

That can be done evidently but it is of secondary importance here... (the point of my discussion here was "nib size")

If we take for granted the definition of International nib size as "the diameter of the feed measured in mm" (and I do understand that such definition is not universally accepted) the conclusion I come to is that, according to such definition, both the Ambitious no. 35 and the no 40. are size 6 nibs! (they both fit with a 6 mm feeder).

The other geometry of the nibs is undeniably different (one is 35 mm long and one is 40 mm long) but to my understanding length does NOT come into the definition of "International" nib size, just the diameter of the feed (ref. to my example in the previous post about the Bock 060 and 076 nibs, being both size 5, different length but same feed diameter)

Thank you so much for offering to inquire about fitting an Ambitious 40 in my desired housing, but honestly I don't really have the right pen yet! :)

I'll check my options first, then I'll come back for your generous help!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any updates on how this group buy is progressing? Has anyone heard anything from Ambitious at all? 

No, I have not and I provided my information to Echowind months ago, who said the information was passed on to Ambitious.  So...looks like this isn't happening?

Apologies from my side.

Give me a few days. From my side I've sent the list with all the info to them in November as soon as I got the orders.

I have been following it up with them. I contacted a few times in the previous months requesting them to send the payment info for each individual orders that were placed. They kept saying they will do it.

Not sure what the hierarchy in the Company is right now. I'll post an update this week once I get some clarity from them.

I myself have ordered a hundred odd items and eagerly awaiting them.

Got a reply after complaining about the delay and apparently new reduced pricing info as well.

(No idea why the previous prices quoted to me were so different than the current Quote. In any case, can’t complain and jinx the prices going higher again. And I’m not going to waste my time arguing about the flip-flop in pricing.)

In any case, if members are wondering, I’m not making a single penny out of this as all the payments are to be made directly to the company. All I’m doing is clubbing the order details and forwarding the combined list to the Company.

The current condition criteria for the Group buy is:

1) 35mm Dual tone (EF, F, M, B ) === minimum 100 nibs

2) 35mm Chrome Flex=== minimum 100 nibs

3) 40mm Gold finish (EF, F, B ) === minimum 100 nibs

4) 40mm Gold finish full unit (EF, F, B )=== minimum 100 units

5) 14K Gold 40mm (F, M, B )=== minimum 50 nibs

6) 18K Gold 40mm (F, M, B ) === minimum 50 nibs

7) Titanium Nib, Size-250 (F, M, B )=== (to be updated)

8) Plastic feeds are unavailable separately, only full units are available

Delivery guidelines is supposed to be 2 weeks from the date of payment, subject to stock availability. 14K and 18K Gold nib may take a slightly longer delivery time.

End Date:  I'll keep the end date as June 30th, I don't want to drag this on longer than that.

New Pricing Info:

GST Tax is currently at 18%, may change according to government taxation norms.

The tax has to be added to the quoted prices.

1) 35mm Dual tone nib :  

a) EF: Rs 105 + GST Tax 

b) F: Rs 85 + GST Tax 

c) M: Rs 95 + GST Tax 

d) B: Rs 105 + GST Tax       

2) 35mm Chrome Flex nib: Rs 250+ GST Tax        

3) 40mm Gold finish: 

a) EF: Rs 175 + GST Tax                 

b) F: Rs 150 + GST Tax               

c) B: Rs 160 + GST Tax        

4) 40mm  Gold finish full unit (with feed and housing):

a) EF: Rs 210 + GST Tax        

b) F: Rs 165 + GST Tax             

c) B: Rs 190 + GST Tax

5) Gold 14K nib 40mm:  Rs 11,000 + GST Tax (for all nib tip types)

a) F:         

b) M: 

c) B:

6) Gold 18 K nib 40mm:  Rs 16,000 + GST Tax (for all nib tip types)

a) F:         

b) M: 

c) B:

7) Titanium Size No. 250 (35mm nib):  Rs 2000+ GST Tax

a) F:         

b) M: 

c) B:

8 ) Titanium 40mm nib:   Rs 2300+ GST Tax

a) F:         

b) M: 

c) B:

9) Shipping and Packing:  At actuals from the company.

10) Feeds: Apparently plastic feeds are unavailable from the company separately, they are sold with full units.  

Ebonite feeds, if needed, I can arrange them separately from 3rd party vendors depending on the requirement and stock availability. Shipping and packaging charges at actuals will apply.

Note: The ebonite feed orders will have to be sent by June 10th 2022. (Unavailable to handle dispatches after 10th June from my side due to travelling issues. After June 10th , I'll see if alternative arrangements can be made , but expect significant delays.)

11 ) Payment: To be announced, (Probably by Bank Transfer, has to be checked) 

Please use the same template for the orders: Nib Quantity * Nib Type * Nib tip size (EF,F,M or B )

For those that want full units with the feed and housing , please put the word " Full Unit" at the end of the template.

eg:           

Example for reference:

a) 5 * 35mm * EF

b) 8 * 40mm * M , Full unit 

c) 5* Flex 35mm 

d) 1 * Gold 14k * B

e) 1 * Gold 18K *M , Full unit 

Note: To those that have placed orders previously , I've sent an email to check the new prices and modify their orders if required.

3 hours ago, Echowind said:

Got a reply after complaining about the delay and apparently new reduced pricing info as well.

(No idea why the previous prices quoted to me were so different than the current Quote. In any case, can’t complain and jinx the prices going higher again. And I’m not going to waste my time arguing about the flip-flop in pricing.)

In any case, if members are wondering, I’m not making a single penny out of this as all the payments are to be made directly to the company. All I’m doing is clubbing the order details and forwarding the combined list to the Company.

The current condition criteria for the Group buy is:

1) 35mm Dual tone (EF, F, M, B ) === minimum 100 nibs

2) 35mm Chrome Flex=== minimum 100 nibs

3) 40mm Gold finish (EF, F, B ) === minimum 100 nibs

4) 40mm Gold finish full unit (EF, F, B )=== minimum 100 units

5) 14K Gold plated 40mm (F, M, B )=== minimum 50 nibs

6) 18K Gold plated 40mm (F, M, B ) === minimum 50 nibs

7) Plastic feeds are unavailable separately, only full units are available

Delivery guidelines is supposed to be 2 weeks from the date of payment, subject to stock availability. 14K and 18K may take a slightly longer delivery time.

End Date:  I'll keep the end date as June 30th, I don't want to drag this on longer than that.

New Pricing Info:

GST Tax is currently at 18%, may change according to government taxation norms.

The tax has to be added to the quoted prices.

1) 35mm Dual tone nib :  

a) EF: Rs 105 + GST Tax 

b) F: Rs 85 + GST Tax 

c) M: Rs 95 + GST Tax 

d) B: Rs 105 + GST Tax       

2) 35mm Chrome Flex nib: Rs 250+ GST Tax        

3) 40mm Gold finish: 

a) EF: Rs 175 + GST Tax                 

b) F: Rs 150 + GST Tax               

c) B: Rs 160 + GST Tax        

4) 40mm  Gold finish full unit (with feed and housing):

a) EF: Rs 210 + GST Tax        

b) F: Rs 165 + GST Tax             

c) B: Rs 190 + GST Tax

5) Gold 14K nib 40mm:  Rs 11,000 + GST Tax (for all nib tip types)

a) F:         

b) M: 

c) B:

6) Gold 18 K nib 40mm:  Rs 16,000 + GST Tax (for all nib tip types)

a) F:         

b) M: 

c) B:

9) Shipping and Packing At actuals from the company.

10 ) Feeds: Apparently plastic feeds are unavailable from the company separately, they are sold with full units.  

Ebonite feeds, if needed, I can arrange them separately from 3rd party vendors depending on the requirement and stock availability. Shipping and packaging charges at actuals will apply.

Note: The ebonite feed orders will have to be sent by June 10th 2022. (Unavailable to handle dispatches after 10th June from my side due to travelling issues. After June 10th , I'll see if alternative arrangements can be made , but expect significant delays.)

Please use the same template for the orders: Nib Quantity * Nib Type * Nib tip size (EF,F,M or B )

Note: To those that have placed orders previously , I've sent an email to check the new prices and modify their orders if required.

I'd like to make a purchase 

8*35mm*F

7*35mm*M

Both dual tone

I don't have PayPal, so is there any other way I can make payment, preferably, UPI or bank transfer?

The payment to be made will most probably be by Bank transfer to the company's account from the customers side.

I'll clarify that once we reach the target nib amount and all the orders are compiled.