Bock #6 250 Compatibility - Karas Kustom and Kaweco Supra

BayesianPrior

I've spent some time searching FPN, FPG, and reddit today and I haven't come up with a definitive answer to my question yet.

Do the Karas Kustoms Ink nibs and the Kaweco 250 nibs both use standard Bock housings?  Would they fit in a Ranga which has been tapped to accept Bock 250 nib units?

The housings look identical to my eye, except for the apparent absence of a nipple on the Kaweco?

bayesianprior.png

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BayesianPrior

• Jamerelbe

• Honeybadgers

Top Posters In This Topic

Honeybadgers

I can't say DEFINITIVELY, but I do know that my karas starliner uses a standard bock nib unit that matches the kaweco sport. So that should be indicative that it will work. But maybe email karas and ask? They should answer quickly.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Jamerelbe

Karas Pens use standard Bock 250 housings, that will be compatible with a Ranga pen - I can tell you that definitively - the only difference is that they laser etch their own logo onto the nibs (and do some QC to make sure they're not selling you a lemon).  I *believe* the Kaweco Supra is also made by Bock, but I can't tell you for sure that they're threaded the same - though judging from the photos on the FPnibs website, I'd say so! (https://fpnibs.com/collections/kaweco-elite-supra-steel-nibs)

BayesianPrior

Thanks both for your answers.  

bayesianprior.png

Jamerelbe
9 hours ago, BayesianPrior said:

Thanks both for your answers.  

👍