Andy Lambrou

Sblakers

Has anyone heard from Andy lambrou recently?  I’ve had 4 emails to him go unanswered. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whichwatch

• Seney724

• Linger

• lionelc

I've had a pen on order with Andy and fully paid since February 2019.  My inquiries sometimes get answers, sometimes no response.  At one point he did tell me he was working on a new book, and I think I remember that at one point during the pandemic he was out of the country.  I haven't heard from Andy in quite a while.  I'm hoping I might see him at a  show sometime soon.

2 hours ago, whichwatch said:

I've had a pen on order with Andy and fully paid since February 2019.  My inquiries sometimes get answers, sometimes no response.  At one point he did tell me he was working on a new book, and I think I remember that at one point during the pandemic he was out of the country.  I haven't heard from Andy in quite a while.  I'm hoping I might see him at a  show sometime soon.

Let me be sure I've got this right:

He has taken your money, refused to communicate with you and now fled the Country?

• Don't people go to jail for that???????
  • Who the hell does he think he is?????

You should press charges.

No, Seney724, your interpretation is an overstatement of what I am saying.   I am certainly not very happy that it has taken far longer than expected for Andy and Paul Rossi to complete and deliver the pen.  Some delay is understandable, but it has become extreme.  Communications could certainly be better, but that is not one of Andy's strengths.  And that is not why he "fled the country" (your words, not mine). 

I have known Andy for quite a few years and I continue to believe he is an honorable guy.  I am confident this will eventually be made right.  My displeasure did indeed cause me to sell all of my LB5's and swear to myself  I will never buy another pen from Andy, but I am not accusing him of illegal motives, simply of extremely poor customer service.

If one is unpredictable, one should not take full pre-payment. If one takes full pre-payment, one should deliver within reasonable range of expected delivery time. I believe that taking a meaningful amount of deposit and giving an estimate of expected delivery time is a good solution for both parties. 

44 minutes ago, whichwatch said:

No, Seney724, your interpretation is an overstatement of what I am saying.   I am certainly not very happy that it has taken far longer than expected for Andy and Paul Rossi to complete and deliver the pen.  Some delay is understandable, but it has become extreme.  Communications could certainly be better, but that is not one of Andy's strengths.  And that is not why he "fled the country" (your words, not mine). 

I have known Andy for quite a few years and I continue to believe he is an honorable guy.  I am confident this will eventually be made right.  My displeasure did indeed cause me to sell all of my LB5's and swear to myself  I will never buy another pen from Andy, but I am not accusing him of illegal motives, simply of extremely poor customer service.

The clarification is appreciated.

At the least, who the hell does he think he is that he believes he can get away with this kind of totally unacceptable behavior? 

I'll offer a very sheepish apology if he is dying of Covid in some foreign hospital but this guy was pulling these shenanigans long before Covid got invented.

Be sure to check back with us when (or if) the final chapter of this saga can be reported.

• 5 weeks later...

Whichwatch,  any word from Andy. I am in the same boat as you are and am beyond frustrated. No responses to my last 4 emails and months continue to fly by with no pen in sight.  

I emailed him after posting here but received no response at all.  I have heard from another collector in the same boat as we are.  At least we know we are not alone.

Shame on Andy!!!

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2021 at 5:54 AM, whichwatch said:

At one point he did tell me he was working on a new book

I heard him mention that at the Triangle Show in May/June 2019. The book was going to be totally his focus; I got a sense, incommunicado. Greece first then England? My memory is foggy so take it with 2 ink burps. I'm sure the pandemic also changed things but hopefully all will be well in the long run.

7 hours ago, peroride said:

I heard him mention that at the Triangle Show in May/June 2019. The book was going to be totally his focus; I got a sense, incommunicado. Greece first then England? My memory is foggy so take it with 2 ink burps. I'm sure the pandemic also changed things but hopefully all will be well in the long run.

Are you saying this is a satisfactory explanation for his 1) Having missed a deliverable due date by many months while 2) Holding people's payments for said item and 3) Not showing those customers the courtesy of an update or a reply to their emails?

I don't care who he is or what book(s) he has written, this in my opinion is completely & totally unacceptable.  He's an arrogant crook.  

An update  to all of the previous posts and a request from the community:

I am aware that I am not the only person that has received this treatment from Andy Lambrou.  I have heard from others who have paid deposits and haven't gotten a pen, can't get their deposit refunded, and receive no response from Andy to emails.

I have finally elevated things at my bank high enough that they appear to be  interested in getting involved, especially since there is more than one person having a similar problem.

May I ask that if anyone is having a problem with Andy Lambrou not delivering their pen, refusing to refund their deposit, and not responding to emails,  please contact me as soon as possible.  You can message me through the system here, or use direct email to whichwatch@roadrunner.com

Thanks

Rick

18 hours ago, Seney724 said:

Are you saying this is a satisfactory explanation for his 1) Having missed a deliverable due date by many months while 2) Holding people's payments for said item and 3) Not showing those customers the courtesy of an update or a reply to their emails?

I was simply providing information I was told by Andy that confirmed a previous observation. I am sorry that you and others are having troubles with these pen deals as I can sympathize with my experience with other manufacturers. For me, it worked out in the end and I wish the same for you and others.