Ranga Handmade Pens -Model 9B in Premium Ebonite and Sepcial Ebonite- Offer Price

mpkandan

Dear FPN'ers,

We are running offer price for Model 9B. 

This group buy is for RANGA Handmade Pens Model 9B  in beautiful Premium Ebonites. This Offer Price is Valid till 31-May-21
This is beautiful Torpedo Shaped Pen in seamless finish. This is   Popular Ranga Model Pen. It caps in less than 1 turn. The pens are completely handcrafted .Ebonite is Durable, evergreen ,long lasting , Classic and favorite material for Pen lovers. It has Vintage Characteristics

Capped Length - Approximately 6 Inches  Cap Dia - 16mm, Barrel Dia - 16mm,  Section Dia - 12.5mm at Thickest part and 11mm at thinnest part. 

In order to purchase Ranga Model 9B  Pen , Kindly  fill the Google Form (Link Below) . Lot of Nib options. All details are included in the form

RANGA Model 9B - ORDER FORM
--------------------------------------------- 

Colours : 

Premium Ebonites:
------------------------
P1. Solid Blue 
P2. Black/Yellow
P3. Blue/Pink
P5. Blue/White
P6. Black/Red
P7. Green/Yellow
P8. Solid Pink
P9. Blue/Green/Orange
P11. Blue/White/Green/Orange
P12. Orange/ Black
P13. Green/Pale Pink
P14. Blue/Pink/Pale Yellow
P18 PINK RED GREEN
P19 Blue/Orange
P20 GREY CREAM
P21 Pink/ Pale Yellow
P22 Orange/ Pale Yellow
P23 GREY RED CREAM

Regular Ebonites
-----------------------

R4. Black
S1. Solid Forest Green with Black Specs
S6.Forest Green - Teal Blue Ripple with Black Specs
S9. Mustard Yellow - Black Ripple 
S10. Khaki - Bluish Black Ripple 
S12. Rose Red - Black Ripple 
S15. Rose Red - Forest Green Ripple
S17. Rose Red - Mustard Yellow Ripple with Black Specs
S20. Teal Blue - Orange Ripple 
S22. Solid Red with Black Specs
S27 .Solid Teal with Black Specs
S28. Solid Grass Green with Black Specs
S29. Solid Military Green with Black Specs

Regards,
Kandan.M.P
Ranga Pen Company

IMG_20210424_135506.jpg

IMG_20210424_142738-01.jpg

IMG_20210424_164410.jpg

IMG_20210426_182553.jpg

IMG_20200618_171444-01.jpg

IMG_20200618_171306-01.jpg

IMG_20200618_171031-01.jpg

IMG_20200618_170713-01.jpg

IMG_20200618_162159-01.jpg

IMG_20200618_162647-01.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sansenri

• Jamerelbe

• sgphototn

• MuddyWaters

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dip n Scratch

The pen's section is just too thick for me.

Karmachanic
5 hours ago, MuddyWaters said:

What are the prices for the different nib options?

"All details are included in the form"

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

Karmachanic

Yes. The models change but the format has been the same for some time now

Jamerelbe
6 hours ago, Dip n Scratch said:

You could always email Mr Kandan M.P., and ask if they can customise the section to suit your preference - every pen is made to order, and they're usually very happy to oblige!

Jamerelbe
12 hours ago, MuddyWaters said:

Do you offer the free Indian mail shipping?

Thanks for offering the ebonite models again :)

6 hours ago, Karmachanic said:

"All details are included in the form"

3 hours ago, MuddyWaters said:

Did you look in the form?

I'm finding the link at the top of the page just leads straight back to this page.  The email I received from Ranga had this link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdJAqWxj_1Eb90tZGUiRg9tpkOF0kW0WOibFAXgNCENEpKEvw/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0&gxids=7628

Pens cost US$59 for 'special' ebonite, or US$74 for premium ebonite - this includes a Ranga nib unit (which uses the same threading as JoWo).

JoWo steel nibs cost US$5 extra (to swap in for the Ranga unit);

Bock nibs are US$74 extra for titanium or US$194 extra for gold (no steel options available);

Schmidt steel nibs cost US$5 extra...

Or you can save US$5 by ordering the pen without a nib, and asking them to thread the pen to take a #6 JoWo, or a Bock, or a Schmidt nib unit (but not all three!). 

I've been really delighted with Ranga's nib units (have only tried flex and BB options thus far) - so unless you really want to go with one of the other options, I'd suggest giving one a try.  If worse comes to worst, you can swap in a JoWo nib unit...

Karmachanic
7 minutes ago, MuddyWaters said:

Your response was unhelpful and unpleasant.

You are, of course, free to infer whatever you wish.

sansenri

thank you for the group buy, the premium ebonite always look great!

This is one I will skip, the barrel size is too large for me and the step down is too big, although probably the long section compensates.

There are other Ranga models that fit me best, I will wait for those to come round again.

sansenri
9 hours ago, Dip n Scratch said:

Are you sure the section is your issue? I doubt it will be very large, probably the same size section of a Ranga 8B, which isn't too different from a Pelikan M800. As I don't actually own a 9B, I don't exactly know the size of the section, however I know the design concept (explained by Mr. Kandan) i.e. that the 9B has the same section as the 8B but wider barrel, like the model 4 has the same section of the model 3 but wider barrel. That allows the 9B and model 4 to have a streamline aspect when closed.

if you mean the barrel is too large I can understand, that is the same reason why I skip this one.

sansenri
14 hours ago, MuddyWaters said:

Do you offer the free Indian mail shipping?

Thanks for offering the ebonite models again :)

Let's see what Mr. Kandan says, but I'm dubious... have you read the news?... India is in deep trouble with covid, I fear that regular state services will be in big difficulty. I think Ranga is forced to offer fast courier for the time being...thank goodness they can still run the business.

sansenri
2 hours ago, Jamerelbe said:

You could always email Mr Kandan M.P., and ask if they can customise the section to suit your preference - every pen is made to order, and they're usually very happy to oblige!

that's quite true, they are extremely cooperative

sansenri
2 hours ago, Jamerelbe said:

I'm finding the link at the top of the page just leads straight back to this page.  The email I received from Ranga had this link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdJAqWxj_1Eb90tZGUiRg9tpkOF0kW0WOibFAXgNCENEpKEvw/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0&gxids=7628

Pens cost US$59 for 'special' ebonite, or US$74 for premium ebonite - this includes a Ranga nib unit (which uses the same threading as JoWo).

JoWo steel nibs cost US$5 extra (to swap in for the Ranga unit);

Bock nibs are US$74 extra for titanium or US$194 extra for gold (no steel options available);

Schmidt steel nibs cost US$5 extra...

Or you can save US$5 by ordering the pen without a nib, and asking them to thread the pen to take a #6 JoWo, or a Bock, or a Schmidt nib unit (but not all three!). 

I've been really delighted with Ranga's nib units (have only tried flex and BB options thus far) - so unless you really want to go with one of the other options, I'd suggest giving one a try.  If worse comes to worst, you can swap in a JoWo nib unit...

You're right! the order form seems to be missing in the first post.

The intro part in the email says (for quick ref.)

"This group buy is for RANGA Handmade Pens Model 9B in beautiful Premium Ebonites and Regular Ebonites. The pens are completely handcrafted .Ebonite is Durable, evergreen ,long lasting , Classic and favorite material for Pen lovers. It has Vintage Characteristics.
Model 9B is Torpedo shaped pen in seamless finish. Section is Hourglass Shape. These are the Popular Ranga Model Pen . It caps in less than 1 turn.
Capped Length - Approximately 6 Inches Cap Dia - 16mm, Barrel Dia - 16mm, Section Dia - 12.5mm at Thickest part and 11mm at thinnest part.
Making Time : 2-3 weeks
Price: Base Price for Ranga Pens with Ranga Screw in nibs and German Converters: Premium Ebonite -74USD, Regular Ebonite -59USD.. You can upgrade it to plenty of nib choices with extra charge
Shipping charges: Through Courier (Quicker delivery-4 to 9 days) .USA : 15USD, Central Europe : 10USD, Singapore/ Malaysia: 10USD. Rest of the world: It varies from country to country from 10USD -19USD.
Kindly note that Shipping charges are very high, we bear the 50% of shipping charge and collecting the rest from customers. (Charges published above). This Group buy offer Price is Valid till 31-May-21"

MuddyWaters

You are right sansenri. It was mostly insensitive to even ask about the shipping.

I am tempted by this group buy. The reason is that EVEN if I do not use my gigantic Model 5, I still consider it to be an awesome work of art. The ebonite feels so nice in the hand. The mistake I made was to buy the eyedropper version which burps too much here in our cold Canadian climate; however I know the pens with Jowo or Schmidt feeds do not burp as much if at all, in eyedropper mode.

I would have ordered the mustard yellow ebonite but looks like it is not available this time.

sansenri

I think the 9B is slightly smaller than the model 5. The section I think certainly. Perhaps someone who owns both can show a comparison image.

I own one model 5 and it is too big for my hands...but like you, I can't let go of it, it is a work of art!

If you need inspiration on some non premium ebonite for the 9B I can say that the mottled brown is wonderful, one of the nicest colours in the standard ebonite, both poliished and matt.

This is the model 5 in mottled brown polished

large.1649259735_ranga5022-2.jpg.884e18b0e70bf16bae6e49f3514cbff2.jpg

and this is a model 8 in bakul
large.772048808_P1190144-3RamgaModel8mottledbrown.jpg.9ac233f8783649767f1680a9d01c8124.jpg

sgphototn
4 hours ago, sansenri said:

I think Ranga is forced to offer fast courier for the time being...thank goodness they can still run the business.

I've been happy to pay the $15.00 courier fee for my last 3 orders. Six days or less from India to the southern US and my doorstep with tracking all the way.

With the current state of the USPS you're lucky to get a package from another state in 6 days and that could be $9.95 or more.

"When things go well for days on end, it is an hilarious accident." - Kurt Vonnegut  

Carl Sagan - The great science communicator's poetry to the Cosmos

sansenri

That's true. I didn't mind the free shipping option, but I do have to say that very often it took over a month to receive them, plus once, one never got here...