Writing prompts

femamerica13

I wanted to work on my handwriting, and I don't like just copying things down, so I was wondering if there were any writing prompts like Inkobter for drawing.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• femamerica13

• LizEF

• Karmachanic

Ask your browsers search engine and you will be inundated with answers. 😀

Add lightness and simplicate.

All of my ink reviews include a quote and related writing prompt.  If you put EFNIR in the FPN search field, you'll get my ink reviews. :)

But like @Karmachanic said, the internet is overflowing with them.

Thanks for the advice, I just think I don't quite know what prompts I want, since I already journal and I don't do many prompts. The way I journal is one notebook is like my analog version of twitter and the other is a long form at night. And since the other writing prompts that I know of are either creative writing or timed writing, the big issue is I hated and struggled with that part or school. I do like your writing prompts from your reveiws, @LizEF.

8 minutes ago, femamerica13 said:

And since the other writing prompts that I know of are either creative writing or timed writing, the big issue is I hated and struggled with that part or school.

When I search for "journal writing prompts", I get things like this.  Just add "journal" or -creative and that should help you avoid the creative writing ones.

10 minutes ago, femamerica13 said:

I do like your writing prompts from your reveiws, @LizEF.

:) Thanks.  You can make your own simply by going to a quote website, picking one, and writing your thoughts on it.

In case they help, there's also this thread:

And this one:

I'm sure there are others, but these are ones I remember asking for ideas for how to use fountain pens more.

Care to try your hand at writing poetry, femamerica13?  There are all sorts of interesting prompts on the NaPoWriMo website [https://www.napowrimo.net].  

NaPoWriMo is almost over for this year, but you can scroll through the posts for the daily prompts and I think previous years' prompts may be archived on the site.  (If they aren't, I have files with the past 3 years' worth of daily prompts on my laptop as well as this year's; and I also have the URLs with poetry prompts from other some other websites.)

I find that I can't write either poetry or fiction (at least first drafts) on a computer -- but I can do it with a pen on paper.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thanks for the threads to read, I am enjoying reading them. Interestingly, fountain pens are for fun writing or meeting notes. I do my homework in pencil, because I don't want to give my professors any ideas and I don't have the time to copy it over. I also have a professor I had two times already, and so he knows how sporadic my homework gets.

Ruth, thanks for the ideas of writing poetry and I looked up more writing challenges as well. I think I will like this freeform writing better that in school. I remember my best or most memorable poem was complaining about writing. I think I didn't like the structure of poetry.

I think that I can make my own prompts, just to talk about shows or books I like, for example Stargate: SG1.

@femamerica13Welcome aboard.  May I suggest doing something like ink reviews. The process of writing about the ink and pen combo gives you a chance to be analytical and self reflective.  For prompts, consider writing your responses to posts (see below).  Also, consider getting FPN pen pals - we love talking about handwriting, pens and ink.  I do CRVs - Co-Razy-Views - which are super short letters in which FPNers compare inks by writing on the same paper.  Finally, I write letters and send them to a charity that sends them to people who are in nursing homes and otherwise don't receive letters. https://loveforourelders.org/

20210430.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I have to put these into three different posts otherwise, they appear out of order.

20210430_002.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

20210430_004.jpg

Thanks @amberleadavis for the great ideas, and I think that I want to keep the shorter posts and replies to typed. The longer ones I want to try and handwrite them.

0430212325.jpg

0430212338.jpg

0430212325b.jpg

0430212325c.jpg

• 4 weeks later...