hari317
11 hours ago, flatline said:

4B is the darkest on JetPens. I tried to find an official site, but gave up after wading through a couple of pages of Google results.

--flatline

Thanks. 

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatline

• hari317

• mr T.

• Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers
On 5/3/2021 at 5:34 AM, flatline said:

Anyone have any experience with the June Gold 2mm lead available on Amazon?

$5 for 108 pieces of either HB or 2B seems like a tremendous deal, but only if the lead is actually good enough to use. Once I'm allowed to go back to the office (stupid pandemic!), I plan to give lead holders to my coworkers that currently use wooden pencils and I'd like to have a stash of lead for them.

I've perused the amazon reviews and people who get the HB seem to have trouble with the leads arriving broken, but I didn't see any complaints at all about the 2B.

Edit: I was filtering wrong. There are amazon reviews about the 2B breaking during shipment, but it still seems to be less of an issue with the 2B than the HB.

--flatline

June gold is garbage. Positively unpleasant to use. Scratchy, inconsistent, not a clean or smooth line, and the colored leads are just held together by thoughts and prayers.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

flatline

Good to know! Thank you!

Any opinion on the Mr Pen leads? 96 leads for $5 is about the same deal...same garbage lead?

--flatline