Montblanc - around the world in 80 days

vikrmbedi

I got a bottle of the 80 days ink and I think it is one of the nicer MB blues. Cyrille, I see you have it there. What do you think?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• colormind

• Uncial

• Cyrille81

• como

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, MoriartyR said:

I got a bottle of the 80 days ink and I think it is one of the nicer MB blues. Cyrille, I see you have it there. What do you think?

Yes it is a nice blue. I have to compare but it seems the ink is closed to Petrol Blue one

On 5/7/2021 at 11:58 PM, Cyrille81 said:

Some photos of my Solitaire LeGrand edition:

51159135465_7f7c04da07_c.jpg

51158026246_445bc5bf62_c.jpg

51158026076_62c589d7b6_c.jpg

51158264258_1c44c64143_c.jpg

51157364567_a44c69145a_c.jpg

51158813034_31428f5851_c.jpg

51157364002_93c6cf24cb_c.jpg

51159137995_39f678a3f7_c.jpg

51160845165_48702b2762_c.jpg

Nice photography; some very impressive work there!

Just got my pen! I'm loving it so far. Also would have preferred it to be all blue instead of the shiny metal end, but it's still pretty awesome.

1 hour ago, tifh said:

Just got my pen! I'm loving it so far. Also would have preferred it to be all blue instead of the shiny metal end, but it's still pretty awesome.

Nice! Any pics? I can't wait to receive mine! Am curious about the blue tone, it looks a little more teal than the Petit Prince in some lights.

17 hours ago, oregano said:

Nice! Any pics? I can't wait to receive mine! Am curious about the blue tone, it looks a little more teal than the Petit Prince in some lights.

Here, I tried to take better ones than the one I did earlier haha.

209DA87D-EDC9-49B4-8652-E27F79B830FE.jpeg

8D514BC9-6714-4B51-80E6-9CF83674422A.jpeg

82010B5A-F111-40EA-8583-FD0B5286B058.jpeg

DCF6F171-241B-49DA-A616-DFAAE24B652B.jpeg

On 4/26/2021 at 8:31 AM, dubhe said:

This looks to be the first of a series of 80 year pens and I agree the blue 146 looks lovely. I wonder if next year we will see an elephant or a train for crossing India?

Great idea! If this was not MB's original plan, they'd be thinking about it now upon seeing your comments😀. Apparently the Le Petit Prince series was a great success.

23 minutes ago, como said:

Great idea! If this was not MB's original plan, they'd be thinking about it now upon seeing your comments😀. Apparently the Le Petit Prince series was a great success.

I think I heard a second series is foreseen for next year. If I remember correctly only 2 series is foreseen and not 3 as for LPP.

8 hours ago, tifh said:

Here, I tried to take better ones than the one I did earlier haha.

209DA87D-EDC9-49B4-8652-E27F79B830FE.jpeg

8D514BC9-6714-4B51-80E6-9CF83674422A.jpeg

82010B5A-F111-40EA-8583-FD0B5286B058.jpeg

DCF6F171-241B-49DA-A616-DFAAE24B652B.jpeg

Nice work with the piston knob!

Thank you very much for the lovely photos, tifh! The blue reminds me of the sea...I'm especially excited for the hot air balloon engraving and the ship on the cap. 

The photos of this pen are great. I have seen them in the case at the local boutique, but I did not examine them up close. I will take a closer look next time. 

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

Checkout our Youtube video about this new Montblanc series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MykOZqR31Ug&ab_channel=AppelboomPennen

Visit our webstore www.appelboompennen.nl

We ship worldwide!

6 hours ago, Appelboompen said:

Checkout our Youtube video about this new Montblanc series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MykOZqR31Ug&ab_channel=AppelboomPennen

I watched it last night - partly because I'm eagerly anticipating the one I ordered from you last week.  And if I hadn't already ordered I'd have done so after watching the video 😊.

Just ordered the 146 version of the pen and a bottle of the ink.

I love 146s anyway, and for some reason these "hit" be more than any of the Le Petit Prince ones ever did.

I hoping mine will be here sometime next week.

The watch in the video seems to be the next model watch? The initial press release was a blue watch with '80' designed into the dial. I'm hoping this means the next one will be a lovely Islamic green. Its been a while, I think, since MB made a pen in that colour.

18 hours ago, Uncial said:

I'm hoping this means the next one will be a lovely Islamic green. Its been a while, I think, since MB made a pen in that colour.

I'd love that!  (Still waiting for my blue one to arrive but would happily start saving if there were a green one on the horizon.)

Mine arrived yesterday

IMG_2801.thumb.jpeg.aeb15090153e0af368304d1348f160ab.jpeg

The execution and detail are beautiful, and I would expect nothing less. I'm predisposed to like 146s, as well, so I like that certainly.

I like the ink, but it feels oddly similar to petrol blue to me. I haven't swabbed it yet, but will look at it side by side. The 80 Days ink has a definite teal leaning, although it may be a bit more blue than Petrol.

28 minutes ago, bunnspecial said:

I like the ink, but it feels oddly similar to petrol blue to me. I haven't swabbed it yet, but will look at it side by side. The 80 Days ink has a definite teal leaning, although it may be a bit more blue than Petrol.

And you'd be right, 

There's almost nothng to choose between the two with ATWIED being perhaps just a touch lighter than Petrol. Blue Hour is also very close, but is a definitely a bit greener. 

I'd forgotten about Blue Hour(or Twilight Blue as I have it on my cards...should go back and note its full name)

To me, it's noticeably different from the other two since-as you mentioned-it's more green although if non looking side-by-side I might not notice the difference.

On my cards, though, I really don't see much if any difference between Petrol and Around the World

IMG_2802.thumb.jpeg.3c35b6a73a145547b5c1def6e3e6c7f3.jpeg