Lamy 2000 2021 edition?

Calabria

There have been mentions that Lamy is planning a brown L2K release this year. Does anybody have any updates on

this?

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• sirgilbert357

• maclink

• arcfide

I have no more information but after the dark blue one the brown will be a nice addition to any collection of Lamy 2000.

There was at some point a photo circulating here that was suggesting some of the new releases indeed. So far the AL stars and the Safari's actually were released. So lets hope this brown one also comes around... some day...  And lets hope it is more accessible than the blue one 😕

I don't have new info either, but here's the image that shows the Lamy SEs for this year. I'm waiting on pins and needles for the brown 2000 as well. I got lucky and got a brand new blue one for MSRP on ebay, but hopefully this one will be more readily available! 

498226732_ScreenShot2020-12-23at10_48_17AM.thumb.png.3958694db577a945e45dadb84b7c6b9d.png

The packaging does look daunting in terms of pricing. Germany has been pretty hard hit by Covid lockdowns and the L2 requires a bit of hand assembly so that may be delaying the release.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

A matte brown finish on a pen reminds me of ebonite that's been poorly taken care of. Not sure how I feel about this one. But the body-colored clip is interesting, wonder how they'll implement that.

The topside of a nib is its face, the underside its soul (user readytotalk)

On 4/21/2021 at 7:51 PM, Nurmister said:

A matte brown finish on a pen reminds me of ebonite that's been poorly taken care of. Not sure how I feel about this one. But the body-colored clip is interesting, wonder how they'll implement that.

I noticed the body-colored clip as well, although honestly I'm a little doubtful that I'll like it! It seems like especially when it's capped, having it be all brown will kind of detract from the "Lamy 2000" look. But we shall see...

1 hour ago, michijake said:

I noticed the body-colored clip as well, although honestly I'm a little doubtful that I'll like it! It seems like especially when it's capped, having it be all brown will kind of detract from the "Lamy 2000" look. But we shall see...

Yea, it really depends on how it is implemented. I have a positive impression of body-colored clips, given my association of them is with those wonderful Namikis:

Namiki-Rakucho-Birds-CherryBlossoms-2_1500x.jpg?v=1607370279

Lamy is certainly not going to use Maki-e, haha. But it will be interesting to see how they do it, and how durable the finish is.

That said, coloring the clip does indeed detract from the Bauhaus feeling of the pen. The Braun shaver-aesthetic is a part of the pen's identity.

It's great that Lamy and other pen manufacturers are hearing their clients, and the feasible Lamy 2000 in brown makrolon sounds fantastic, but...

How much are they going to charge us for the privilege of being heard?

Hopefully it's not a 100%-200% mark up with this one!

Just now, coppilcus said:

It's great that Lamy and other pen manufacturers are hearing their clients, and the feasible Lamy 2000 in brown makrolon sounds fantastic, but...

How much are they going to charge us for the privilege of being heard?

Hopefully it's not a 100%-200% mark up with this one!

Good point -- Lamy's prices on their LE/SE 2000s have been exorbitant, which I feel they get away with since supply is relatively low.

I expect Lamy to sell these pens for a price point closer to that of the Lamy Bauhaus Limited Edition. The pen may or may not be numbered, but the presence of the notebook in the picture doesn´t seem to be a good omen for us. The box seems to be identical to the Bauhaus edition also. 

Germany still seems to be largely closed down due to Covid so we may have to wait quite a while for this release. 

– Lin Yu-T'ang

On 4/23/2021 at 1:19 PM, Nurmister said:

Yea, it really depends on how it is implemented. I have a positive impression of body-colored clips, given my association of them is with those wonderful Namikis:

Namiki-Rakucho-Birds-CherryBlossoms-2_1500x.jpg?v=1607370279

I agree, those Namikis are amazing! Now that's a grail pen...

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, otinokyad said:

Probably old news by now,

Old news is new news to me, thank you for sharing !!😀

I got super excited and clicked the link, my pupils spanned wide open at the distinctive gorgeous chocolate brown 😍 and not a millisecond sooner I saw the printed value exchange for said prize...and a whole range of emotions ensued in the intervening seconds between image and text recognition  🧐 😳😥😱😭 

No emotions for me really.  I'm not happy paying that price.  Love the colour though, but no thanks. :mellow:

Oohh, different colour and pay four times more..um....maybe not. Nice pen but the price turns it all to something else that's brown.