What size Dollar pen is this?

Hi,

I’m trying to identify the Dollar pen barrel in the middle here. It’s as long as the Dollar and J pens below it, but as slender as the SJ pens above it. And the placement of the lever makes it more confusing. 

There was no cap with it. The J cap is too large, but the SJ cap fits it. I’m also trying to identify the right cap that goes with it. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ken

7121EB6D-A490-4C7F-A213-535903A142C0.jpeg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gcliburn

• Ken S

• gweimer1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

gweimer1

I have found a number of Dollar pens that have that lower placement of the lever.  I'm curious about those myself.

As to the size, it may be the Dollar A size, which is the full-length slender model.  It looks the same length as the one below it.

• 2 weeks later...
gcliburn

Agree with gweimer1 that it's likely a Model A, the full-length slender sibling in the "Dollar" pen family. Browsing some photos, especially on Brian Anderson's Esterbrook.net site, would seem to support this. I've managed to find a not-too-expensive copy of Hoban's The Fountain Pens of Esterbrook, which should arrive today; if I learn anything about this in that book, I'll share it!

gcliburn

The Hoban book actually isn't super-rich in photos or detailed descriptions, but what is there (to my eye) joins the photos on Brian's site, suggesting a Model A. Enjoy!