Oops...I gave her...INKY FINGERS!!! :grin:

Detman101

Leaving the dentists office, I received the charge receipt for the one procedure not covered by my insurance.
So hearing that telltale electronic printing grind of the machine, I readied my Opus-88 demo loaded with my freshly acquired "Montblanc - Irish Green" ink and prepared to sign on the dotted line.
As I did so, the phone rang and the front desk operator attended to it while blindly sliding me the charge receipt for signature.
I proudly signed, swashed and swiped my signature...using the entire line and in the back of my mind I thought "Wow...this ink is a lot wetter than the "Shin-Ryoku & Perle Noir" mix I'd been using while waiting for the "Irish Green"...it's just going down HEAVY!!

The front desk operator reached for the signed receipt without really looking as I slid it over to her and placed her index finger right on the end of the signature line. I watched in slow motion as she noticed a particularly different feeling and looked down at the signed receipt while talking with the customer on the other end of the phone...noticing that the soft formerly peach skin of her index finger was now the lovely shade of green that only "Montblanc - Irish Green" can impart.
She reached for a napkin after shaking loose the charge receipt and I turned to walk away, donning my sunglasses Ala "Horatio Caine" of CSI Miami.

tenor.gif?itemid=14033607

It's gonna be a good day..

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Detman101

• TgeekB

• bunnspecial

• inkstainedruth

There's a reason why I always wave receipts around for a moment before turning them back over if I've signed them with an FP...but really sometimes it's best just to use their provided BP

I've taken to not only shake the receipts, but warn the cashier(s) that the ink might not be dry....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I got a chuckle out of this.

1. Law of Mechanical Repair - After your hands become coated with grease ink, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee. 2. Law of Gravity - Any tool, nut, bolt, screw, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner. 3. Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act. 4. Variation Law - If you change lines (or traffic lanes), the one you were in will always move faster than the one you are in now.

4 hours ago, Rainbowpizza said:

I got a chuckle out of this.

My work here is done!
:D

giphy.gif

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

Funny post but I doubt I would ever use a FP to sign a receipt. That’s what BP’s are for. 😉

Current lineup:

Pilot Custom 743

Montblanc 146 LeGrande

Lamy 2000

Platinum 3776 Jade

On 4/13/2021 at 11:20 PM, MHBru said:

good one.....  people will have asked her all day "what's on your finger?!"   

😁

3 minutes ago, TgeekB said:

Funny post but I doubt I would ever use a FP to sign a receipt. That’s what BP’s are for. 😉

I will definitely do that from now on. My knee-jerk instinct is to whip out the Opus-88 and sign away, right pen...wrong time.

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

I understand!

I haven’t gotten into the habit of carrying a FP with me, except in my work backpack, for this reason. It seems most situations would call for a BP more often but wouldn’t I love to carry my Parker 51 into any situation!

Current lineup:

Pilot Custom 743

Montblanc 146 LeGrande

Lamy 2000

Platinum 3776 Jade

I have signed plenty of receipts with Platinum Blue Black and a Platinum Music nib. It did give me a perverse sort of pleasure doing so. 

I signed a take-out order c/c receipt with my fountain pen the other evening. The cashier noticed and waved it several times to let it dry after picking it up.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

I can't remember the last time I had to sign a c/c slip (back in the days when we went out!) - everything has been chip & PIN for years. As for writing a cheque...

10 hours ago, arcfide said:

I have signed plenty of receipts with Platinum Blue Black and a Platinum Music nib. It did give me a perverse sort of pleasure doing so. 

Hehehe...awesome! You know the thrill then. Many don't necessarily get it when using their fountain pens...but I love it!!

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

10 hours ago, chromantic said:

I signed a take-out order c/c receipt with my fountain pen the other evening. The cashier noticed and waved it several times to let it dry after picking it up.

Whoa, awesome! That's a cashier that's in the know!

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

2 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

I can't remember the last time I had to sign a c/c slip (back in the days when we went out!) - everything has been chip & PIN for years. As for writing a cheque...

I wasn't expecting it either, honestly. I didn't think that using a chip-card would produce a signable receipt. But first time for all things I guess...

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg