Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

EFNIR: Robert Oster Forest Green

Rainbowpizza

Nice review! I don't like the ink though, if I had a green ink it would be a darker green.

1. Law of Mechanical Repair - After your hands become coated with grease ink, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee. 2. Law of Gravity - Any tool, nut, bolt, screw, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner. 3. Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act. 4. Variation Law - If you change lines (or traffic lanes), the one you were in will always move faster than the one you are in now.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LizEF

• yazeh

• Detman101

• Rainbowpizza

11 minutes ago, Rainbowpizza said:

Nice review! I don't like the ink though, if I had a green ink it would be a darker green.

Thank you! :) Fortunately, there are lots of dark greens - murky, foresty/planty, blue-leaning...

• 5 months later...

How would you compare Robert Oster Forest Green and Robert Oster  Lemon Grass? They look similar in the comparison cards.

41 minutes ago, wykhuh said:

How would you compare Robert Oster Forest Green and Robert Oster  Lemon Grass? They look similar in the comparison cards.

OK, I have the cards in front of me.  In heavy application (parts of the Jinhao dipped nib and the blob), Lemon Grass is darker, but in the "normal writing" with my review pen, the Lemon Grass is paler, which suggests it's drier.  In a broader and really wet pen, Lemon Grass may look darker than even a heavy application of Forest Green.  But in a dry or average wetness pen, Forest Green will likely be darker.  I think Lemon Grass is also a little more muted or washed out - hard for me to describe.  Perhaps it has less dye (lower dye-to-water ratio).

I would describe Forest Green as a more normal color (in the range of what one expects from "green") and Lemon Grass as more unique (but not much).

If you look at the "zoom" images, they're good at showing the difference.  Here's a link to the Lemon Grass review:

Hope that helps. :)