Another Montblanc identification thread...

AcLondon

Hi all,

I've now seen the type of Montblanc pen below in two different places over the past few weeks but I can't identify it.  The owner of this one couldn't either.  It's the distinctive end I'm interested in.  It looks like a push-button but the grooves running perpendicular to the end separate it from most of the push-buttons of the time.  I think I've seen ends like it on a Soennecken.  I'm sure there's an obvious answer to this - I just don't know it. 

Thanks, ac.

MB.png

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AcLondon

• PENRob

• Michael R.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Michael R.

Could be a 332, 334, or 334 1/2 piston filler depending on size. Lower price model from the late 1940s without a separate blind cap.

Maybe there is a number on the nib and/or end of barrel to indicate size and model number.

Cap tube needs to be replaced and fixed with a new clip. Parts are available (c. 50 € for a cap) with some luck. But you need to try it on your pen to make sure it fits.

Cheers

Michael

AcLondon

As always, thank you so much for these great responses.  That's a great photo PenRob.  Does the wartime chronology explain the unusual button at the end?  Or is it that there's something missing over the button?  

Not sure that the blindcap is wartime related, just typical for the model and type, it's a grip section. Wartime points to the non-gold nib and chiseled cap bands... enjoy your pen !