Too Many Blues!

Uncial

I usually get every MB ink as it comes out (except the Elixir inks) and I've largely confined my ink spending to these now, but lately I've been a bit weary of all the blue inks: Petrol Blue, the whole blue range in smaller bottles, blue planet, Elvis blue and now Napoleon blue (I still ordered a bottle!). Can we have something other than blue for a change? 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael R.

• Uncial

• Cyrille81

• rvur

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There were rumors about a red ink palette for this year. But no news on their release yet.

Also I'm not sure if the Elixir Cherry Blossom ink was regularly available everywhere.

Cheers

Michael

Maybe red ink for this year‘s Great Character.

I‘d like to see another olive green like the DeFoe.

The Cherry Blossom I got from my local boutique in Germany. I think they can order it when they really want. Same with the Sakura many years ago by the way.

Cheers

Michael

23 minutes ago, Michael R. said:

Maybe red ink for this year‘s Great Character.

I‘d like to see another olive green like the DeFoe.

The Cherry Blossom I got from my local boutique in Germany. I think they can order it when they really want. Same with the Sakura many years ago by the way.

Cheers

Michael

Yes indeed maybe for the GC. Indeed I like a lot the Defoe ink. Thank you for the info for the Cherry Blossom. Not really my cup of tea this color.

I was eagerly anticipating the release of the red set and started to get excited on seeing the various shades of red notebooks appearing....then... nothing. Seems they've given up on that release, alas.

Oh for goodness sake, they have released a reddish ink in a small bottle called Holiday Coffret. Price....€1000

Nope, I didn't miss out a decimal point

2 hours ago, Uncial said:

Oh for goodness sake, they have released a reddish ink in a small bottle called Holiday Coffret. Price....€1000

Nope, I didn't miss out a decimal point

You do get a nice free pen with it... :)

MB has made some really nice blues, and I admit guilt to having more blues(not just MB) than anything else in my collection.

A recent favorite has been the somewhat obscure-at least in the US-Blue for BMW. I bought a bottle and liked it enough that I've just bought two more since who knows if and when I'll be able to find any more.

Petrol Blue is one of the ones that I really can't decide if I like it or not. I can't put my finger on it-it's an ink that I'll like one day and not necessarily dislike but won't say "wow" the next day.

The one of the "blue series" or whatever it was called a few years ago that caught my attention is Lapis Lazuli. The photos/swabs make it look like a bright eye catching blue, almost along the lines of Baystate Blue. I've not seen it in person, though, so I can't say if it does or not.

honestly the Homage to Napoléon Bonaparte looks interesting... can anyone compare it to other well known inks?   i cant find any online sites that can show a comparison.  thanks

I just inked up a pen with the Napoleon Blue. It's a fairly bog standard blue. Little bit of shading, slight reddish tinge and a bright blue as opposed to a grey blue. It gets a sort of peculiar softness when completely dried. Somewhat similar to Robert Oster Blue Sea but a touch brighter and softer.

I know at least of one more blue ink for this year 😅

But also purple, green, red, scented Elixir, turquoise,...

Cheers

Michael

52 minutes ago, Uncial said:

I'm a sucker for turquoise

as far as I know that will become part of the standard series; same name as ballpoint refills 😉

31 minutes ago, Cyrille81 said:

Will the green be scented and related to other collection of 2 scented inks P*****?

that‘s what I assume; typical hunting territory where you would use an expensive weapon 😉