New 14K Nib of Jinhao

IJKWS

Images are from internet.It shows that Jinhao is producing a 14K nib.The size is smaller than standard duofold

mmexport1612838288213.jpg

mmexport1612838274609.jpg

mmexport1612838278936.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steve50

• IJKWS

• Karmachanic

• Mech-for-i

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Somebody also said Wingsung's 18K nib will be introduced soon.It will be first used in the open nib wingsung601A

7 minutes ago, WJM said:

Any idea why 1949?

Maybe something to do with the fact that that's when People's Republic of China was established by Mao Zedong?

16 hours ago, steve50 said:

I wish they would upgrade the feed though. 

How is the current feed lacking? It's ben a while since I had/used an X750, but I had no issue with the feed.

Add lightness and simplicate.

2 hours ago, Karmachanic said:

How is the current feed lacking? It's ben a while since I had/used an X750, but I had no issue with the feed.

They seem to be a bit hit and miss. I ordered a pack of 15, some of them were great and some weren't so great. Also I don't like the look. 

Did you give them a soapy scrub and rinse before using?

If you put a nib over the feed you won't see it. 🤪

Did you give them a soapy scrub and rinse before using?

Yup.

If you put a nib over the feed you won't see it. 🤪

True haha. 

On 4/9/2021 at 9:51 AM, WJM said:

Any idea why 1949?

Probably because that was the year the Chinese Communist Party declared the founding of the People's Republic of China at Tiananmen Square.

So Jinhao again made gold nib, well in its very early days it do had some pricey models that don a 12K or 14K nib

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, steve50 said:

I found an Etsy listing for Jinhao Centennial which has this nib. 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/988213290/jinhao-100-centennial-14k-gold-fountain?ref=shop_home_active_98

Not bad, but £90 seems a little pricey for this pen. Where can I find it for cheaper? 

Funny how our perceptions work isn't it. Most of the time we'd think £90 for a gold nibbed pen was a bit of a steal, and we happily pay double that for a steel nibbed one from Italy.

28 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

Funny how our perceptions work isn't it. Most of the time we'd think £90 for a gold nibbed pen was a bit of a steal, and we happily pay double that for a steel nibbed one from Italy.

For £90 I could get a gold nibbed pen from one of Japan's big 3. I got my Pilot Capless for that price, for example. So I'll need a bit of convincing to choose this pen with no reviews over something tried and tested like the Capless.  

1 minute ago, steve50 said:

So I'll need a bit of convincing to choose this pen with no reviews over something tried and tested like the Capless.

Yet you asked for cheaper, not convincing that this pen is worth the asking price to you. ;)

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

On 4/9/2021 at 3:00 PM, steve50 said:

Maybe something to do with the fact that that's when People's Republic of China was established by Mao Zedong?

Yeah. Forget about that insignificant Sun Yat-Sen fellow

China can make copy of anything valuable and precious.  I have seen fake MBs with solid gold nibs, and I highly doubt they make all the other parts just to install a genuine MB nib to fool people.  So China´s ability to make gold nibs has been around for some years.

On 4/23/2021 at 8:24 AM, Karmachanic said:

Yeah. Forget about that insignificant Sun Yat-Sen fellow

What has Sun Yat Sen got to do with 1949? I was only speculating on what significance 1949 might have for a Chinese company.

Sun Yat-sen was the first President of the Republic of China in 1911.