Foolish Magazine - International Issue # 0

labeo

Starting a new era with the early international issue of Foolish Magazine. 

It was not easy, it took a few years of growth and refinements but in the end we succeeded.

The first English-language issue of Foolish Magazine was born. The first hopefully of a long series.

For now all together, we have taken the first step, the project is still young, the road is still long and there are still many things to fix.

But now it's time to enjoy it.

Read free at this link:

https://issuu.com/foolishmagazinebypennamania/docs/foolish_0_eng_300dpi_online_issuu

Articles of Foolish Magazine - International Issue # 0

KEEP AN EYE 2.0
CALLIGRAPHY: Roman Cursive, 
CRAFT PENS: Drawing Compass, 
PEN TEST: Stipula Adagio,
INK TEST: J. Herbin 1670 Bleu Océan, 
SHOWCASE: Wolf 1834,
SHOWCASE: FVF Tourbillon by Franc Vila,
SHOWCASE: MW&Co Asset 2.1,
SHOWCASE: Cuervo y Sobrinos Historiador Flamenate,
SHOWCASE: Tibaldi Bononia,
SHOWCASE: Monteverde Ritma, 
SHOWCASE: Conklin Crescent Filler,
SHOWCASE: Sec Suprema,
DESK SET: Aurora and the ivory workshop,
ITALIAN STYLE: Aurora Etiopia,
INTERVIEW: E. Marinella 107 years of history,
HISTORY: Luigi Diani and the history of Europa fountain pens,
THE ARTIST: Alessandro Biagini, 
PHOTO GEAR: Nikon D2X,
TIME MACHINE: Movado Polyplan,
INK DROP: Alessandro Salami

Cover
spacer.png

www.pennamania.it - The most important italian forum about vintage fountain pens and watches.

Penna Vintage www.pennavintage.it - The international emagazine for fountain pen collectors.

I collect vintage Aurora. Sell and trade. Expert restorer, nibs retipping, fixing rings and cap lips. Database developer

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• labeo

• txomsy

• Jerome Tarshis

• iacobusaugustinus

23 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

Thank you! I enjoyed that - some awesome photography being shown off there too :)

Thank you so much, your compliment push me and my crew to improve next issues

www.pennamania.it - The most important italian forum about vintage fountain pens and watches.

Penna Vintage www.pennavintage.it - The international emagazine for fountain pen collectors.

I collect vintage Aurora. Sell and trade. Expert restorer, nibs retipping, fixing rings and cap lips. Database developer

I really enjoyed reading this. I also appreciate the use of empty space in the layout of the magazine. I understand it's an e-magazine but I wouldn't mind a physical edition at all! 😀

4 hours ago, Peter1977 said:

I really enjoyed reading this. I also appreciate the use of empty space in the layout of the magazine. I understand it's an e-magazine but I wouldn't mind a physical edition at all! 😀

Thanks for compliments. We are working to have the print edition available for 2022.

This is a perfect delight. I am so glad it has finally happened. Speaking as an art critic and a man who has spent much of his adult life with people who win design awards, I especially commend the magazine's graphic design. A great credit to Turin. Nietzsche was very favorably impressed by Turin, and when I look at this issue of Foolish Magazine, so also am I.

Nice work. Thanks for the effort and love put into it.

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

On 4/13/2021 at 10:36 AM, Jerome Tarshis said:

This is a perfect delight. I am so glad it has finally happened. Speaking as an art critic and a man who has spent much of his adult life with people who win design awards, I especially commend the magazine's graphic design. A great credit to Turin. Nietzsche was very favorably impressed by Turin, and when I look at this issue of Foolish Magazine, so also am I.

Thanks a lot for the beautiful words and for mentioning Nietzsche. All this is a reason to make an even more beautiful next issue.

On 4/13/2021 at 11:04 PM, txomsy said:

Nice work. Thanks for the effort and love put into it.

Thank you so much!

• 1 month later...

Wow, this was great - I especially loved the article on the Aurora Etiopa. Looking forward to the next one.

On 5/22/2021 at 7:34 PM, iacobusaugustinus said:

Wow, this was great - I especially loved the article on the Aurora Etiopa. Looking forward to the next one.

New international issue coming on july

wow. VERY cool! I do not actually speak Italian but can read it because I know Spanish and French. The earlier issues are even better.  Best of luck with the new edition!

• 2 weeks later...

Great stuff! I posted this over at reddit/r/fountainpens and a number of us are now eagerly awaiting the next international issue next month. Keep up the fabulous work!

• 2 weeks later...

This is a beautiful publication, thank you!  I feel that this deserves to be held in my hand instead of viewed on a screen - do you anticipate producing any print copies?

On 5/26/2021 at 7:49 PM, AlexItto said:

wow. VERY cool! I do not actually speak Italian but can read it because I know Spanish and French. The earlier issues are even better.  Best of luck with the new edition!

Thank you so much!

On 6/8/2021 at 10:55 PM, g33klibrarian said:

Great stuff! I posted this over at reddit/r/fountainpens and a number of us are now eagerly awaiting the next international issue next month. Keep up the fabulous work!

Wow! tahk you so much and many thanks for sharing on reddit! new international issue are coming

On 6/22/2021 at 5:41 AM, kenrapoza said:

This is a beautiful publication, thank you!  I feel that this deserves to be held in my hand instead of viewed on a screen - do you anticipate producing any print copies?

Yes print copies will be available in 2022