Pilot C823 special edition, beautiful but expensive

TheDutchGuy

Tokyo retailer Shosaikan offers a Custom 823 special edition limited to 100 pens (<—link). For some reason that I haven’t quite figured out yet, I find this pen very appealing. It really speaks to me. The cosmetic changes are subtle yet effective. Love the understated beauty of the nib! The only thing that’s stopping me is the price. Taking import duty into the equation it would become too much when compared to a regular C823.

62FD175A-A753-47E6-A4D4-3F2429F207E5.jpeg.f47f78568979d0459272d5d34cfc9c90.jpeg

At 100 pieces, they’re bound to go fast. 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mke

• Chinchy

• A Smug Dill

• arcfide

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, TheDutchGuy said:

At 100 pieces, they’re bound to go fast.

It's unclear to me whether there are 100 pieces each fitted with F, M and B nibs, or 100 pieces in total. Considering that the pen has a different Japanese Article Number depending on the nib on it, I wouldn't be surprised if there are in fact 300 such pens.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I'm trying very hard to convince myself that I don't need this pen and that I shouldn't buy one right now. 

11 hours ago, Chinchy said:

Do they ship outside of Japan?

Get a Blackship address in Japan and the problem should be solved.

-> blackship.com

18 hours ago, mke said:

-> blackship.com

If you send me a referral, maybe I can help you earn points if I sign up....?

3 hours ago, Chinchy said:

If you send me a referral, maybe I can help you earn points if I sign up....?

I have nothing to do with them - just for your information. Living in Japan means I don't need them.

7 hours ago, mke said:

I have nothing to do with them - just for your information. Living in Japan means I don't need them.

Ah, okay!  I envy you!

On 4/7/2021 at 1:33 PM, mke said:

-> blackship.com

Thanks for the tip. Are there other services comparable to this? Just want to have a range of options.  

5 hours ago, steve50 said:

Are there other services comparable to this?

Yes, of course. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=japan+forwarding+service

The services returned by the search are comparable in that they are broadly the same type of service that can then be compared with each other, functionally and qualitatively, in how well they deliver to the user's objective.

It's up to you to do the data gathering and analysis, from your own perspective and in line with your individual preferences and concerns, though. They are not presented as reviews and/or in a ranked list after having already been compared by someone else.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.