Where might one in the US buy Diamine inks that are exclusive to Germany?

ScottT

9 hours ago, MHBru said:

easiest option is Amazon.  I got my Skull & Roses through them and it is still available as is November Rain.   Plus free shipping from Germany with Prime!

I was also able to order these inks through Amazon as well back in 2019; Purple Rain, Skull and Roses, Communication Breakdown and Smoke on the Water

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• ScottT

• SpecTP

• Dione

22 minutes ago, SpecTP said:

They were when I ordered them in 2019.. I could not find any in the US.

The Blue Edition inks were not released as separate retail products until 2020. In 2019, there was a Diamine Inkvent calendar retail product which contained all 25 inks, but there was no Blue Edition product series at the time.

This certainly seem to indicate that Pen Chalet carried the Diamine Inkvent product in 2019:

https://www.penchalet.com/ink_refills/fountain_pen_ink/diamine_inkvent_calendar_fountain_pen_ink.html

Edit: Figboot's review on YouTube of the Diamine Inkvent product in 2019 also seems to suggest that Pen Chalet carried it.

Furthermore, even if indeed no retailer in the US carried it in 2019, but it was available from Cult Pens, La Couronne du Comte and Pulp Addiction, then it still would not be country- or region-exclusive.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

On 4/7/2021 at 1:46 AM, A Smug Dill said:

That's not a country- or region-exclusive ink per se. First match returned from a Google search for “Bloody Brexit” for me just now was:

https://www.seitz-kreuznach.de/en/office/ink/bottled-ink/diamine-fountain-pen-ink-bloody-brexit-80ml-limited-edition_403008959_21443

It's not simply a question of technical or procedural difficulty, but (more importantly!) whether it is worth the business' while to do. Especially when we're talking relatively cheap Diamine ink, not something ten-fold pricier on a per-unit-volume basis. How much money do you think a company stands to make selling limited edition ink priced at roughly the equivalent of ~US$5.60 per 50ml (ex tax)? Factor in international shipping of the goods to regional resellers, and also the resellers' cut from each sale, what kind of profit is left? It makes no sense to do what you're suggesting, especially when it transfers the cost burden of international shipping for heavy and fragile items from the end-consumer to the businesses. It's not as if you're saying you'd buy the stuff at $30 per 50ml bottle, if only they spared you the hassle of ordering from an overseas retailer just so you can get the goods more quickly, but money is no object to you as the buyer.

I agree it is that. Like I said before, commissioning those exclusive ink colours — hopefully very attractive and well-received ones — are about attracting interest and custom from shoppers for what those companies actually make money from selling, e.g. mid-range to high-end pens. Don't trick yourself into putting the consumer and his/her happiness at the centre of trade.

Yes, your first match was where one can purchase it.  In Germany.  Check out a few more reviewers, they all say it as well.   On Amazon, the seller is the same as well.

Anyway, you do seem to have a strong opinion on the matter of reselling.  Are you in the business perchance?

Don't worry, I don't think for a second people like that care for anything other than themselves.

5 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Are you in the business perchance?

Not at all.

5 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Yes, your first match was where one can purchase it.  In Germany.  Check out a few more reviewers, they all say it as well.   On Amazon, the seller is the same as well.

Of course. It's an exclusive for a single retailer, wherever they are domiciled and wherever (else) they choose to operate from. There are Germany-exclusive Diamine inks, such as November Rain and Skull & Roses, that are available from multiple independent retailer outlets. Bloody Brexit is not one of those inks; it's a Seitz exclusive (which it sells from two separate online shopfronts, as well as on Amazon as a third party Marketplace seller).

8 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Don't worry, I don't think for a second people like that care for anything other than themselves.

I'm making a logical distinction between country-exclusive and retailer-exclusive, objectively and removed from your perspective as someone who wants to buy it as easily and/or cheaply as possible. It's not your individual perspective that counts in categorising the inks.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

13 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

Not at all.

Of course. It's an exclusive for a single retailer, wherever they are domiciled and wherever (else) they choose to operate from. There are Germany-exclusive Diamine inks, such as November Rain and Skull & Roses, that are available from multiple independent retailer outlets. Bloody Brexit is not one of those inks; it's a Seitz exclusive (which it sells from two separate online shopfronts, as well as on Amazon as a third party Marketplace seller).

I'm making a logical distinction between country-exclusive and retailer-exclusive, objectively and removed from your perspective as someone who wants to buy it as easily and/or cheaply as possible. It's not your individual perspective that counts in categorising the inks.

Fair enough, it is retailer-specific.

What has the second paragraph to do with my feelings on the majority of business types? 

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

What has the second paragraph to do with my feelings on the majority of business types?

I have no idea what you meant to ask there. I wrote three paragraphs in my previous reply; the second paragraph began with, “Of course.” Where did your feelings get mentioned? Or are you asking me why that second paragraph did not address your feelings?

On 4/7/2021 at 3:51 PM, SpecTP said:

I was able to order Diamine Blue Edition inks from Cultpens shipped to US.

It's my understanding these are part of the regular range.

20 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

I have no idea what you meant to ask there. I wrote three paragraphs in my previous reply; the second paragraph began with, “Of course.” Where did your feelings get mentioned? Or are you asking me why that second paragraph did not address your feelings?

I believe we have a bit of a communications issue, which is fine.  No problem, have a great day.

On 4/3/2021 at 3:15 AM, ScottT said:

Hi all,

I've seen some inks that interest me, but are exclusive to a certain country, for some unknown and highly annoying reason. 

Are there any US-friendly sites that offer these inks?

Thanks.

Here's a thought - If there's one you particularly like then check to see if there are any ink reviews for it. Reviewers often include where they got the ink from and where it's available from. There might even be very similar alternatives that are more easily available to you. 😊

On 4/6/2021 at 6:59 PM, ScottT said:

I hadn't considered it, until now.  Thanks, grr. 

I was after Bloody Brexit, as I am looking for a solid blue-black, with a little kick to it.

I got my Bloody Brexit on eBay (Seitz was the seller). Just received it two days ago 😁 I received it in Canada quite quickly.