Hello from Hyderabad, India

Shyahi

Hi I'm a newbie here thinking to start writing with a fountain pen again.

I had tried earlier with a classmate Octane but the nib was too sratchy still continued  with the two barrels and later switched back to ball pen.

Had seen fountain pen all my childhood but never could write with one.

Then through out wet shave fb group got in touch with few like minded people who still write with them.

One of the makers Pinkwoolf also does send a lovely handwritten note with a fountain pen that ignited the aviation fuel build up which was awaiting ignition.

Very unfortunate to hear that the companies have gone so greasy that even with inflation included the prices are no match to what it was earlier in india.

Have shortlisted

-Click Aristocrat demo medium nib pen as the initial days per ml keeps haunting.

-Sheafer no nonsense

-Diamine black ink

-Bril black ink

IMG_20210325_110958.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shyahi

• hari317

• PAKMAN

• northstar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! So glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Pilot V pen fountain pen is an excellent starter fountain pen at 100rs. It can be refilled even though it is not designed for it. No need to tolerate scratchy nibs. 

also look at V’sign/ Beena pens for economical but nice writers. I like the Antic. 

no need to spend much initially on the hobby. 

you are in Hyderabad. Have you heard of the Deccan pen stores or Jk pen stores ? 

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

welcome!

do follow Hari's advice,

in India you have some of the most astounding pen makers who still produce pens by hand with skills that elsewhere are long gone and substituted by machines.

Dig into your local fountain pen traditions, there is great satisfaction to be had.

Hello and welcome :) Hari gives some very sound advice there. I am a big fan of Indian pens, and use a number of them daily - including some very economical models. 

1136753456_FPNWelcome.jpg.7f18dde07730b9abb53a5001f8f6bd8e.jpg

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

15 hours ago, hari317 said:

Pilot V pen fountain pen is an excellent starter fountain pen at 100rs. It can be refilled even though it is not designed for it. No need to tolerate scratchy nibs. 

also look at V’sign/ Beena pens for economical but nice writers. I like the Antic. 

no need to spend much initially on the hobby. 

you are in Hyderabad. Have you heard of the Deccan pen stores or Jk pen stores ? 

Yeah deccan pen store i heard about and have also visited him in ameerpet one.

The owner does have some great sound knowledge and i had bought a pierre cardin triumph from there just recently as i didnt have much idea on fp's.

Thats why went with demo medium nib.

Thanks a lot for those two will shortlist them as well

Only issue is transit.

I did visit the deccan pen store in abids today.

He said all shipments have stopped due to price hike from April 1.

So bril,Daytone,Diamine is all out of stock.

Daytone would arrive by tomorrow

Diamine by next week end

Only available were hero,Camlin in some new blue coloured packaging

Edited by Shyahi
Have added a point a I needed

Greetings Shyahi. That's a fine old Parker 61 Insignia in your photo. That precise pen was my very first FP, and like yours it lost its arrow. I wrote my PhD with it (100,000 words, all hand written as they were 40+ years ago!). Does yours still work?

Peter

1 hour ago, PeterR-C said:

Greetings Shyahi. That's a fine old Parker 61 Insignia in your photo. That precise pen was my very first FP, and like yours it lost its arrow. I wrote my PhD with it (100,000 words, all hand written as they were 40+ years ago!). Does yours still work?

Peter

The pen in the pic is likely a wing sung. 

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

On 4/7/2021 at 6:05 PM, PeterR-C said:

Peter

No its @hari317 has said its wingsung indeed

:W2FPN:

Glad you are with us!

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  - Selwyn Duke