Greetings from north-west germany

DerMarsianer

Hello everyone,

my name is Thorsten and i come from noth-west germany.

As a typical german I startet writing with fountain pens more than 30 years ago in shool and so far i can remember I always had Pelikan or Pelikano pens.

I've got my first Pelikan piston filler when  I was ending the shool in the early nineties and almost forget it after two decades. Now, some years ago i stopped using ball point pens and started writing with fountain pens again. This was a bad start for my wallet, but a got start for a small, but still growing collection of Pelikan pens from the whole production period.

My first piston filler fountain pen the Pelikan M100 (I know it doesn't look that good anymore but it still works)

Q2170160-1680x1050.thumb.jpg.4400bf2a9c32722d164bc323f6956fe7.jpg

Moin moin

Thorsten

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DerMarsianer

• 7is

• PAKMAN

• mizgeorge

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Thorsten and welcome :)

My favourite Pelikans are the ones that have had a good, useful life. The ones that belong in the hand, not in a display case.

You'll find a lot of other fans on the Pelikan board - do come and join in.

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! So glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

2083122248_FPNWelcome.jpg.6413d36e5e6da99d237e0f0d73b39832.jpg

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Thank you all for the welcome.

On 3/28/2021 at 10:46 PM, mizgeorge said:

My favourite Pelikans are the ones that have had a good, useful life. The ones that belong in the hand, not in a display case.

I have to confess that I can no longer use them all. The population was growing too fast and some are just for the display.

But I selected two of my vintage pens, a Pelikan 400nn and spare part reassembly of a Pelikan 100, as daily workhorses.

Hi there Thorsten! Where are you from? I spent 20 years living in a small town near Hagen. Loved every minute of it!!

Greetings from upstate (Binghamton) New York 😎

23 hours ago, DerMarsianer said:

But I selected two of my vintage pens, a Pelikan 400nn and spare part reassembly of a Pelikan 100, as daily workhorses.

My two favourite vintage pens :)

Hi!

On 4/5/2021 at 5:49 PM, Zookie said:

Hi there Thorsten! Where are you from? I spent 20 years living in a small town near Hagen. Loved every minute of it!!

Greetings from upstate (Binghamton) New York 😎

Hi Zookie, I come from from the middle of East Frisia. That's near the north sea and the dutch border. Did you work in germany?

On 4/5/2021 at 11:30 PM, 7is said:

My two favourite vintage pens :)

Hi!

Sometimes I think the 400 was made of one piece. It's a lovely reliable pen made for working.
The Pelikan 100 has lovely nibs. Even my worst pelikan 100 nib feels more pleasent to me than any modern Pelikan nib.

13 hours ago, DerMarsianer said:

Sometimes I think the 400 was made of one piece. It's a lovely reliable pen made for working.

The Pelikan 100 has lovely nibs. Even my worst pelikan 100 nib feels more pleasent to me than any modern Pelikan nib.

Yes, 100's nibs are lovely indeed and I'm using one on a daily basis. It's an old 'K'. My second favourite is the 400nn EEF transplanted onto the M101N, my dream pen and nib fusion. Do you have any non-Pelikan favourites?

:W2FPN:

Glad you are with us!

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  - Selwyn Duke    

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 4:18 AM, 7is said:

Yes, 100's nibs are lovely indeed and I'm using one on a daily basis. It's an old 'K'. My second favourite is the 400nn EEF transplanted onto the M101N, my dream pen and nib fusion. Do you have any non-Pelikan favourites?

I never had any plans for a fountain pen collection and have never really tried other brands. I always had Pelikan pens or a Pelikano in shool. Everything started all over again a few years ago. I was currious about the different nibs of the pens. Meanwhile I have found my favorite pens for daily use. The pelikan 100 has a M nib and the 400nn an EF nib. Sometimes for letters I use an OB nib in another Pelikan 400.

I never had a chance to get an EEF nib and I would be currious how it writes compared to my pelikan 100 EF nib. Most of my pelikan 100 nibs are one size smaller then the nibs from the fifties and some pictures of the EEF nibs look similar than my EF nib.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/359170-pelikan-100-nib/?do=findComment&comment=4418657

Maybe someday I'll try some other brands, but I'm not a huge fan of modern nibs and have not enough informations right now for other vintage pens like good prices, issues and repair instructions.