Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• A Smug Dill

• mizgeorge

• sansenri

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, amk said:

Thank you! Are you also offering custom italic grind on them?

Yes, we offer our Fritz Schimpf italic grind on these nibs as well. Should you wish any further information and a writing sample, please contact us by email to service@fritz-schimpf.de

Uh! They really know which strings they have to pull in order to empty my wallet. 🤩

I have several inks in that colour, so I'll need a matching pen.

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=

As a repeat offender, I do much hard time as a Wallet Abuser.

My shrink, a ball point user, don't understand me.

You know you are not supposed to give gifts to your shrink.

Good so, I can't see wasting a perfectly good fountain pen, on a BP Barbarian.

Well I have to visit him regularly to get paroled, and he only does black, blue and red. In one when free always picks a shrink with the same problems as you.....really a government issued shrink, uses form proper only ink in his ball point.

He keeps bringing up some one named Freud. Fend I know.

At least I don't nibble on my pens, like he does on the silver push button of his BP.

How can one trust a shrink, who uses free ball points?

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• 2 weeks later...

This will be my last modern Pelikan purchase and likely, my last Pelikan purchase overall.  I couldn't resist the colour.  Famous last words! :P

43 minutes ago, aimi said:

It seems like these are starting to arrive. Can't wait to see some pics.

Indeed, especially because Pelikan posted yesterday on IG an apology... cap top will be all black, not with the silver top ring from promo material.

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

8 minutes ago, MsRedpen said:

Indeed, especially because Pelikan posted yesterday on IG an apology... cap top will be all black, not with the silver top ring from promo material.

What a damn shame. :(

4 hours ago, MsRedpen said:

… Pelikan posted yesterday on IG an apology... cap top will be all black, not with the silver top ring from promo material.

Oh no! I may have to go and cancel my order…

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

1 hour ago, TSherbs said:

I hate Pelikan's fake photos, though

This set of photos looks pretty true to life this time from what I’ve seen. Not like what happened with the Ocean Swirl 😂

21 hours ago, aimi said:

This set of photos looks pretty true to life this time from what I’ve seen. Not like what happened with the Ocean Swirl 😂

The Ocean Swirl looked pretty true to reality - they just didn´t show the dark areas. 😉

Really bad was the completely white and white striped one. I fell in love with it head over heels from the pictures - only to be completely disappointed when I saw it in person. It just wasn´t the same pen at all and I really didn´t like it.

Ordered mine today from Cult, along with a bottle of Golden Beryl.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

It still looks reasonably nice to want one to me, but the cap switch decision by Pelikan is not easy to understand. They put metal caps on all M205s so far, that I recall... why switch to black?

Don´t understand it either. But you could always purchase a metal cap for a different M205 and swap it. 🤷‍♀️

it's odd, I've already looked...:) but the only M205 spare cap I could find so far has a black cap! :roller1:

Off the top of my head, almost all the 200s have black caps, with the exception of cafe creme, the demonstrators and pastel green.

The 205s are all silver capped, apart from a the 2009 light blue (but not the 2016 version) and the first clear demonstrator (I think). Curiously, the P200 black has a black top and the p205 silver. 

I suppose I should go and look it up, but I don't think it matters enough to me.

2 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

Off the top of my head, almost all the 200s have black caps, with the exception of cafe creme, the demonstrators and pastel green.

My Pelikan M200 Gold-Marbled from a couple of years ago has gold trim around the cap finial, I'm sure. It was one of my selection criteria for which models of M20x I would buy; I didn't want a black ring above the metal clip.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.