New Pelikan M205 Announced: Petrol-Marbled

aimi

On 3/25/2021 at 4:37 AM, A Smug Dill said:

That certainly looks more attractive to my eyes than the M205 Moonstone.

Yes.  This new one looks great.  I have a M205 Moonstone and it's more attractive in the pictures. 😬

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• A Smug Dill

• mizgeorge

• sansenri

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone managed to find anywhere else that is offering the bb option? 

I think this is either an error on the F-S site, or an exclusive, which I suppose is possible, but unlikely given that there haven't been any BB or above nibs available for quite some time. 

Rats.

Hmmm if it seriously comes in a BB I'd be tickled to try it... Pelikan looks like it makes some fancy paintbrushes 😛

1 hour ago, mizgeorge said:

I think this is either an error on the F-S site,

I already asked my preferred retailer about it, and he said, “[Pelikan] don't offer BB in the Benelux.” So I don't think it's a matter of the BB nib being exclusive to Fritz Schimpf, so much as it's only available in Germany (through online and bricks-and-mortar outlets) and perhaps other select European countries, but not an option intended to be generally available.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I've just ordered it from Fritz-Schimpf, in B. The BB was not available stock with the pen, but I was able to order a BB nib unit separately. 

Edit: I may have gotten the last one, it shows as no longer in stock:
https://www.fritz-schimpf.de/en/Brands/Pelikan/Ersatzteile/Modellgruppe-Pelikan-Classic-M200-M205-M215-Ersatzteile.html?listtype=search&searchparam=model m205&listtype=search&searchparam=model m205

14 minutes ago, Pintstein said:

I've just ordered it from Fritz-Schimpf, in B. The BB was not available stock with the pen, but I was able to order a BB nib unit separately. 

Edit: I may have gotten the last one, it shows as no longer in stock:
https://www.fritz-schimpf.de/en/Brands/Pelikan/Ersatzteile/Modellgruppe-Pelikan-Classic-M200-M205-M215-Ersatzteile.html?listtype=search&searchparam=model m205&listtype=search&searchparam=model m205

Looks like you did.

Though they're charging a lot for their steel nib units, I'm used to paying less than £10 for them.  However, they are suggesting they've already got the pens, which is very tempting. 

edited to add that I seem to have ordered one...

And I'm going to get on to a couple of suppliers here to see if they can't get hold of a BB nib unit for me. Actually, make that a couple.

Yes, I may even get the ballpoint version, that's how much I like this color!! Now if they had it in an m600...!

Cultpens are usually on the ball with getting stock but they estimate getting their stock of the petrol colour in May.

I'm seriously tempted to pick this one up. For some reason, I enjoying using my lone M205 (Moonstone) over the M400s that I have. o.O

29 minutes ago, enuhski said:

I'm seriously tempted to pick this one up. For some reason, I enjoying using my lone M205 (Moonstone) over the M400s that I have. o.O

I don't know if you have a modern post '97 fat and blobby butter smooth semi-nail 400 or not.

The nib geometry of the 200 seems to me to be the same as the '82-97 era nibs, of the 400/600/800. It is also a nice springy nice ride regular flex............and writes with a nice clean line, like the semi-vintage nibs.

The 200 has a superior nib.

As 'noobie' I fell for semi-flex, (living in Germany it was easy) then started trans-shipping 200 nibs to a passed pal in England in there are Germans who refuse to ship outside of Germany.

I got to try them in my '90's 400, or 605 and came to like them. They are great for two toned shading inks. In semi-flex is a wetter writing nib; one has to be more careful matching ink and paper to get good shading.

Being still then, a bit snobbish:rolleyes:...saw no reason to get a 200, in I had a few 400's semi&vintage. So I got a 215 Lozenge in M in it had a 200's nib.

I ended up with more '90's pens, two Celebries, one in gold and one in steel; both =. Both having that semi-vintage regular flex nib. Got a gold 381, again a regular flex nib.

I didn't need a 200, I had those pens. Right:happyberet: .

In the mean while I've added a W.Germany 200 OM, a couple '90's ones one an M, the other NOS OB and three LE's in M and the marbled brown in EF for editing.

I have grown to like regular flex M's.

Folks normally go narrow or wide when they come into fountain pens, or like me come back to them. I had gone wide; getting F's only as place holders until I finally accepted F as an ok nib. And that took a while.

Then I drifted into regular flex M; which shades a tad better, is that tad smoother and would be a nib I would reach for if I dig out my classic rougher paper; laid or linen effect.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Anyone hear anything regarding a matching ink?

This is the first SE/LE Pelikan that has interested me.   Based on their previous releases,  can you normally buy the matching ink separately? 

All of the US pre-orders I find are for the pen only but I'd like the ink too if they are releasing one.  

I'm wondering if I should order now or wait for the set...

I can see a dark gray glitter ink; but the hard part would be to get green glitter.:D

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

2 hours ago, Bo Bo Olson said:

I can see a dark gray glitter ink; but the hard part would be to get green glitter.:D

Gray Shimmer was last year's moonstone.  

Dark teal/turquoise/blue-green/green-blue is what I am hoping for...

I just bought an expensive pen, and I absolutely don't need this one. I just ordered it though. That blue is my favorite color, and I'm really hoping for a matching ink.

I don't think there will be a matching ink for this one. 

Pelikan only releases one SE ink per year, and this year was the Golden Beryl (which should match a demo released later on this year, if things proceed as usual).

The ink that seems to match this pen is the Aquamarine, from a few years back. 

It is the perfect match for the Ocean Swirl, IMO. So, it should match well this one.

25 minutes ago, maclink said:

There’s Montblanc Petrol Blue. It’s their 2020 colour of the year. A tad pricey though. 

Especially when you can get Diamine Eau de Nil or Callifolio Ohlanga for a fraction of the cost!

When MB jumped from E16 to E 19, they lost a costumer, and the LE's from E20-22 to even higher Mont Blonc Heights.....then came the special, special super LE E60 inks.:headsmack::lticaptd:

They were trying to keep up with the Jones, Faber Castel. Another way too expensive ink for me. Edelstein has jumped E0.50. :D To E-16.50.

Hell, I don't even buy any E-22 Japanese inks that use to be E-70 a bottle over here in Germany, before Amazon took that in hand, with their air fleet.

That expensive imported Noodlers  I think costs E-19.

I did a greenish ink test.........and then E8.50 R&K Verdura (50ml) beat MB Irish Green(60ml) by a nose. So save money on Green-Green inks.

Both are shading inks.

Unfortunately many here wanted a dull dark green, so Pelikan listened and gave them a dull non-shading green, discontinuing the nice green-green 4001 Brilliant Green, that finished a neck back of Verdura as a Green-Green shading ink.

It wasn't but a decade ago that MB ink was E12....expensive vs E3.50 for Lamy and Pelikan. I could understand the jump to E 14, when they went to the 60ml ink bottle........but I guess MB is chasing the E35 Faber Castell. Can't let the Jones's get ahead of you, or no one will think of you as a Jones.

On 3/27/2021 at 3:43 AM, mizgeorge said:

I think this is either an error on the F-S site, or an exclusive, which I suppose is possible, but unlikely given that there haven't been any BB or above nibs available for quite some time. 

Rats.

We did not want to create a confusion with our BB nib offer for the M205 Petrol-Marbled fountain pens. We did have a few of the BB nibs available but they sold out very quickly and therefore were not available anymore. Now a limited number is back in stock. 

Kind regards,