How can I swap and try different nibs and feeds in a single pen?

Spatil

After having two pens (ASA Daily with Schmidt F and Pilot Metro in M) I want to try different types of nibs like jowo, bock, kanwrite, ambitious, in EF, F, M, B, flex and ebonite feed etc. but I don't want to purchase different pen for each nib experience. To effectively use my budget I want to try swapping nibs in a single pen, which I will purchase, as much as possible. For situation where swapping is not possible due to different housing or any other reason I think requesting additional section while keeping rest of the pen body as it is may work. My aim is to get an idea of options available out there and to find nibs which I would prefer. Ofcourse if swapping option is very limited then I would have to wait for a new pen after having a budget. In that case I want some recommendations for smoother nibs for now in F or even M (would like to try it). So what are your thoughts?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spatil

• hari317

• OCArt

• Dimy

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy a pen with three sections:

Threaded for JoWo: Usable with JoWo and Kanwrite's JoWo copy housings

Threaded for Bock: Usable with Bock and Kanwrite's Bock copy housings

Eyedropper section with friction fit nib and ebonite feed: Ambitious nibs, Kanwrite nibs and also can fit Bock nibs if separated from their housing.

Most Indian pen makers should be able to supply you a pen with these three sections.

Good Luck!

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

10 minutes ago, hari317 said:

Eyedropper section with friction fit nib and ebonite feed: Ambitious nibs, Kanwrite nibs and also can fit Bock nibs if separated from their housing.

Most Indian pen makers should be able to supply you a pen with these three sections.

Good Luck!

Thankyou, I will ask about this to pen makers.

Or you could buy several inexpensive Chinese pens and put the various nibs into them.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

On 3/24/2021 at 2:45 PM, hari317 said:

Good Luck!

What is the best way to contact kanwrite?

On 3/26/2021 at 2:22 PM, Spatil said:

What is the best way to contact kanwrite?

Direct contact with phone number/ watsapp (which I do) or you can mail them (I always receive a reply within 3 days so alls good from my side here too).

kanpurwriters@gmail.com

All contacts are available on their website too.